Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #3481
sempuki
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Oh man. Ferlands first game back from concussion and right back off the ice with...an upper body injury. Likely another head injury. This may be it for the man.

Chris Johnston

Verified account

@reporterchris
55s56 seconds ago
More
Micheal Ferland is done for the night with an upper-body injury. He missed Carolina's previous four games with a concussion.

I was never the biggest fan of Ferland but from a very human perspective this is so sad. Feel for the guy.
I hope it's just a complete coincidence!
sempuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #3482
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's horrible news.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #3483
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Ugh, that's awful.

Please be ok Ferly.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #3484
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #3485
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hamilton a -4 tonight, scored on his own net, took a sloppy tripping penalty, and just looks bad and soft. Glad the flames got rid of Jay Boumester 2.0 at the perfect time. I thought Hanifin would be better than Hamilton in a couple years but I wouldn’t swap them 1 for 1 currently.

God bless the Wizard

Last edited by Beninho; 12-11-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #3486
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reporting from Carolina is that Fox will likely sign in Carolina... provided there’s a spot for him: https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018...-adam-fox.html

Also hope Ferly can stay healthy enough to cash in this summer... hope tonight’s decision was just precautionary...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #3487
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

There was a delayed penalty and Hamilton scored on his own net, shouldn't the play have been dead as soon as he touched it?
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #3488
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
There was a delayed penalty and Hamilton scored on his own net, shouldn't the play have been dead as soon as he touched it?
They're not as quick to blow the whistle now. Touching it isn't enough, you need possession.

So if all he did was tip it or direct it, there would be no whistle, and boom - more offensive numbers from Hamilton!
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2018, 10:52 PM   #3489
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Reporting from Carolina is that Fox will likely sign in Carolina... provided there’s a spot for him: https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018...-adam-fox.html

Also hope Ferly can stay healthy enough to cash in this summer... hope tonight’s decision was just precautionary...
lol what could go wrong

"I have never played in the NHL but will only sign if I am guaranteed to make the team because the back end sucks"
Old 12-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #3490
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
They're not as quick to blow the whistle now. Touching it isn't enough, you need possession.

So if all he did was tip it or direct it, there would be no whistle, and boom - more offensive numbers from Hamilton!

Wow, at least he is finding new ways to score!
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #3491
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowlord View Post
Probably the wrong thread for this...

Ferland on concussions: 'I'm very concerned'
https://www.tsn.ca/ferland-on-concus...rned-1.1224477
That's really sad to read. Love Ferly, but he's a young man with a young family and his health has to come first before all. A shame, because he's on pace to shatter his scoring career-high and to earn a sweet payday. I like when players take discounts to help the team, but Ferland is one of those guy I want to see cash in big. He's done a lot to turn his life around and deserves the opportunity to earn a big payday.

I know we all wanted him to be the big power forward from the 2015 playoffs. But I think he recognized that if he wants to have a long NHL career, he needed to adjust his playing style.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #3492
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't want it to be Calgary but I really hope he can get a 4 yr contract in the 4-5 million per range. It would be a good end to his story
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #3493
Iggy3x
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
That's really sad to read. Love Ferly, but he's a young man with a young family and his health has to come first before all. A shame, because he's on pace to shatter his scoring career-high and to earn a sweet payday. I like when players take discounts to help the team, but Ferland is one of those guy I want to see cash in big. He's done a lot to turn his life around and deserves the opportunity to earn a big payday.

I know we all wanted him to be the big power forward from the 2015 playoffs. But I think he recognized that if he wants to have a long NHL career, he needed to adjust his playing style.
He needs to play a physical style to be effective, but if he wants to play in the NHL long term, he needs to tone it down. A tough spot to be in. Hope he is ok and can find a balance to have a good career.
Iggy3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #3494
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Cue Carolina fans calling him "Alan Fox" in about a year.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:44 AM   #3495
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

man those offseason trades sure look like a disaster for Carolina. Both Skinner and Lindholm have been tearing it up for their new teams, while Dougie is struggling and Ferland, despite his good numbers, is a huge question mark sadly because of concussion problems.

Maybe Fox does sign in Carolina, maybe Cliff Pu has an impact at some point. But right now those trades look absolutely terrible for the Canes.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #3496
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

According to Dreger, Ferland was removed as precaution and not because of any additional head trauma:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1072845468307255296

https://twitter.com/user/status/1072851832467267584
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #3497
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good on Carolina then. That's pretty cool. Still though, after that article about Ferland's fear of concussions and then yesterday feeling off, fear may creep into his mind and really change the game for him. All the best.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #3498
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Cue Carolina fans calling him "Alan Fox" in about a year.

No, Rio. I don't think Carolina fans would do something so immature like some of the fans on this forum did to Todd Erixon.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #3499
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
man those offseason trades sure look like a disaster for Carolina. Both Skinner and Lindholm have been tearing it up for their new teams, while Dougie is struggling and Ferland, despite his good numbers, is a huge question mark sadly because of concussion problems.

Maybe Fox does sign in Carolina, maybe Cliff Pu has an impact at some point. But right now those trades look absolutely terrible for the Canes.
The Skinner trade sucked but apparently he wanted out and blocked multiple trades in the summer with his NMC. The Flames trade is a win for Calgary but has potential to be a win for Carolina. Dougie sucking is not new he was always a second half player in his time here. I wouldn’t be shocked if he gets his 40pts by the end of the year. Ferland is unfortunate as he was definitely performing well for the Canes. They may retain him moving forward and there was always risk with that but these head injuries make it even riskier. Fox imo is going to sign this summer. He just was not going to come to western Canada if that was his option. If he walks, Dougie doesn’t improve, and Ferland walks or is overpaid it will be a disaster trade for the Canes.

In the world we live in today where all the talk is “what have you done for me lately” the Flames crushed that trade.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #3500
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Mark Giordano: 29p, +16
TJ Brodie: 12p, +19
Noah Hanafin: 14p, +6

Dougie Hamilton: 10p, -10

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahhahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahhahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahahh ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahhahahahahaha hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahah ahahahhahahah ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post: