Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #21
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I have really liked Lucic as a Flame. He gives 100% effort, he stands up for teammates and over the past few games it looks like he might be building some chemistry with guys.

I'm also hoping Lucic can also rub off on Bennett & Jankowski some. Bennett has alot to learn about using his teammates more effectively and Lucic has always been good at that. While Jankowski needs to learn to use his big body effectively and who better to show him that a guy like Lucic? I don't necessarily mean by hitting and physical play, but the way Lucic protects the puck along the boards.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #22
JJolg
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

He's got the fans involved also, the looooch is a nice change from the pin drop silence
JJolg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JJolg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #23
badradio
First Line Centre

Exp:

I want a whole line of Lucics... Luci?
badradio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badradio For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #24
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was definittely on the "What the F%$# are you thinking Treliving?!?!" train when the trade was announced, but have since come to really like what the Looch brings every night. Him being actively engaged during the game is exponentially better than anything his trade partner ever brought to the team.

Who gives a fly crap how many goals McSqueegee bounces off his ass? Looch makes our team better immediately. Looch upgrade over McBankIn confirmed.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #25
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

I predicted his first goal tonight and see no reason not to stick with it.

Lucic Ryan Bennett can be a good line and Kings seem like an opposition against which they may work well
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #26
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's actually hilarious how completely some of the posters here have lost their minds over Neal actually being good in Edmonton. Just have a sense of humour about it and stop trying to desperately justify it with the "this is just working out great for us too" takes. It's sad.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #27
Ford Prefect
Has Towel, Will Travel

Exp:

Why can’t it be both? It puckers my sphincter that the Coilers got the Real Deal and we didn’t, but I’m enjoying Lucic as a Flame way more than I ever expected and way more than I ever did Neal. The play where Lucic scared the d-man off the puck and set up Bennett alone gave me more happiness than Neal did all last season.
Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ford Prefect For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #28
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I like turtles
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #29
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always try to divorce myself of the acquisition cost of players, because it can be easy to focus on it too much and ignore the value that the player brings to the team.

If I look just at what Lucic has brought to the team so far it's a net positive, but it's not overwhelmingly positive. However, a lot of the early struggles I noticed can be chalked up to getting used to a new team and new linemates.

What I HAVE noticed is that Lucic is the type of player who will try to add something to the game no matter how well he's playing.

Struggling to handle the puck? Let's go crunch a guy in the corner.

Flub a good scoring chance in close? Punch a guy in the mouth who's harassing my teammate.

Lose the puck in the offensive zone leading to a rush the other way because you don't have a quick first step? On the next shift, get the puck down low and protect it, leading to more offensive than defensive zone time.

His skills have clearly diminished, but the work ethic is there and the attention to detail is there. He has a veteran's head for the game. He brings snarl and intimidation, which is good for a team who's next toughest guys are Hamonic and Bennett.

Overall, I'm satisfied with Lucic, but it's about a 60% satisfaction rate, and that's good enough for me.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 04:15 PM   #30
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's actually hilarious how completely some of the posters here have lost their minds over Neal actually being good in Edmonton. Just have a sense of humour about it and stop trying to desperately justify it with the "this is just working out great for us too" takes. It's sad.
Are you suggesting it's *not* working out for us? It's not a big gain, but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest he's better for us than Neal was last year. Neal wasn't turning it around here, he was only going to whine and pout more.
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:55 PM   #31
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad we have a guy in the bottom 6 with his skillset. Maybe not at his salary, but as someone that's known here for falling in love with overpaid bottom sixers, I like Lucic
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:56 PM   #32
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

If he can keep playing like he did against Detroit, we'll have a legit third line. Him and Bennett seemed to have real chemistry.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #33
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't give a #### about Neal. He's gone. Lock the ####ing trade thread and get over the deal. It's done. But Lucic is garbage. He is not awesome. He is complete trash that can't play in the current NHL with any level of efficacy. He is a waste of cap space and the Flames made a massive mistake bringing him in. They have better players in the minors making a lot less money. Lucic is junk.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #34
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
If he can keep playing like he did against Detroit, we'll have a legit third line. Him and Bennett seemed to have real chemistry.
I'd love it if Bennett learned to become a Lucic like power forward
Old 10-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #35
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Lucic mentions in this thread:13
Neal mentions in this thread: 15

I don't think it's working.
I love Lamp
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 08:51 PM   #36
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great OP NEB
Old 10-19-2019, 08:59 PM   #37
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I don't give a #### about Neal. He's gone. Lock the ####ing trade thread and get over the deal. It's done. But Lucic is garbage. He is not awesome. He is complete trash that can't play in the current NHL with any level of efficacy. He is a waste of cap space and the Flames made a massive mistake bringing him in. They have better players in the minors making a lot less money. Lucic is junk.
Why come into a thread that is trying to spread some positivity and spew this
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 09:10 PM   #38
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post

Last edited by Wolfman; 10-19-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 09:11 PM   #39
jonkaupp
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Why come into a thread that is trying to spread some positivity and spew this
Because it is the truth of the matter.
jonkaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonkaupp For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2019, 09:58 PM   #40
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

The amount this board wants to Rationalize having such a terrible player in the lineup is sad. The rest of the league is rightly laughing at this trade. We should be collectively embarrased.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post: