Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #441
Groot
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I may have missed them, what was he speculating on?
Looking at his posting history, he predicted the coaches getting fired, Brouwer being bought out, Calgary being in the market for a number 1 goalie, was too high on his Lindholm contract prediction, was wrong about Calgary hiring Joe Nieuwendyk, that the Flames inquired about Nylander and the Leafs were listening, that the Flames offered Tkachuk 4.5 million per but his camp wanted 7 so they didn't sign an extension.

So basically he was 'right' about 2 things that a majority of CP users were predicting, and wrong about a bunch, and then made some basless 'predictions' that can't be proven or unproven. He's also banned from r/hockey cause he couldn't explain his source to the mods there. He also refuses to post here because we don't deserve his insider info.

He's a clown. For him to break this 'news' last night, less than an hour after the game, means his source is someone in the dressing room, and after this supposed argument the source stops doing whatever it is they're doing in the dressing room to inform Reddit user Adragon23. Seems totally legit.

I'd prefer if him or his BS 'insider info' are never mentioned again on these boards.
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Groot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 04:43 PM   #442
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I may have missed it if someone already mentioned it, but any update on Johnny? I really hope that slash didn't break anything.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 04:44 PM   #443
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
Looking at his posting history, he predicted the coaches getting fired, Brouwer being bought out, Calgary being in the market for a number 1 goalie, was too high on his Lindholm contract prediction, was wrong about Calgary hiring Joe Nieuwendyk, that the Flames inquired about Nylander and the Leafs were listening, that the Flames offered Tkachuk 4.5 million per but his camp wanted 7 so they didn't sign an extension.

So basically he was 'right' about 2 things that a majority of CP users were predicting, and wrong about a bunch, and then made some basless 'predictions' that can't be proven or unproven. He's also banned from r/hockey cause he couldn't explain his source to the mods there. He also refuses to post here because we don't deserve his insider info.

He's a clown. For him to break this 'news' last night, less than an hour after the game, means his source is someone in the dressing room, and after this supposed argument the source stops doing whatever it is they're doing in the dressing room to inform Reddit user Adragon23. Seems totally legit.

I'd prefer if him or his BS 'insider info' are never mentioned again on these boards.
Could be legit - I won't be surprised if he's a random dude thats tight with a younger player in the dressing room and got a text after the game. Like "Yooo bruv - neal just went after Smitty hard. Well deserved 4 sho tho - Smitty crapping the bed hard every other night and is on a real bougie contract. Unacceptable."
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #444
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I suppose. He seemed to know the days the firings and Brouwer buyout were happening.

Not sure he can be faulted for mentioning the Flames inquired about Saros or Nylander just be cause nothing came out of it.

I figure if he's possibly legitimate, I'd rather hear what he posts. Then again, he only posts on Reddit only, so if people want to know they can read it there.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #445
Groot
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
Could be legit - I won't be surprised if he's a random dude thats tight with a younger player in the dressing room and got a text after the game. Like "Yooo bruv - neal just went after Smitty hard. Well deserved 4 sho tho - Smitty crapping the bed hard every other night and is on a real bougie contract. Unacceptable."
That scenario would be literally the only way he could get last night's info, and while plausible, it makes his whole schtick more obvious as how would this young player know anything about the other info he posted? His prior 'info' was all front office stuff. I call BS.
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #446
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
I am Groot.
I don't have anything to add... just wanted to quote your post.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 05:07 PM   #447
Yobbo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

No news on Gaudreau? That's hopefully a good sign that he is alright. Nasty slash, that could of been really bad.
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #448
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
No news on Gaudreau? That's hopefully a good sign that he is alright. Nasty slash, that could of been really bad.
This is completely beside the point, but it feels like I have been seeing this error more and more these days. I was actually just thinking about this yesterday with how much more frequently I see it tolerated, and I am wondering: is this a phrase that is entering our vernacular for good? Will my grandkids be writing about "all that could of been" in school without repercussions? What is happening to my world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #449
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
This is completely beside the point, but it feels like I have been seeing this error more and more these days. I was actually just thinking about this yesterday with how much more frequently I see it tolerated, and I am wondering: is this a phrase that is entering our vernacular for good? Will my grandkids be writing about "all that could of been" in school without repercussions? What is happening to my world?
I seen it too!
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flames0910 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 05:36 PM   #450
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think Adragon23 could be an ex-flame player with links to current players and Conroy/front office. Maybe Rhett Warrener or Mike Commodore or Brian McGratton.

After going through his posting history, he does seem legit to me.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #451
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Gaudreau leaves early; Flames lose 3-2

Quote:

Could have
Could’ve
Could of

The death of the English language...lol rofl w00t.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #452
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^What did he say last night?
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #453
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
I blame Cormac McCarthy’s proofreader and editor.

It’s one thing in an online setting, which is dismaying, but entirely something that in a proofread and published book.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #454
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
^^What did he say last night?
Oh, just noticed the locked thread. Carry on.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:00 PM   #455
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Adding to your point: one of my biggest pet-peeves is when people spell names incorrectly. It's not especially difficult to do in many cases.

So, to help out the masses, I've compiled this handy guide. If you're ever in doubt, these spellings are all triple checked and correct!

Correct: Noah Hanifin
Incorrect: Hanafin, Hanafan

Correct: Sean Monahan
Incorrect: Monohan, Shawn, Shaun

Correct: Brian McGrattan
Incorrect: McGratton, McGratten, McGrattin, McGrattun, MacGrattan

Correct: Juuso Välimäki OR Juuso Valimaki
Incorrect: Jusso

Correct: Jarome Iginla
Incorrect: Jerome
Technically incorrect but ironically acceptable: Jarmoe

Correct: David Rittich
Incorrect: Riddich, Riddick, Rittick

Correct: Travis Hamonic
Incorrect: Harmonic, Hamonick, Hamanic

Correct: Brad Treliving
Incorrect: Treeliving

Correct: Michael Frolík OR Michael Frolik
Incorrect: Mikael, Frolic, Frolick

Correct: Mikael Backlund
Incorrect: Michael, Mikäel, Backlind

Correct: Matthew Tkachuk
Incorrect: Tkachuck, Tkaczuk

Correct: James Neal
Incorrect: Neil

Correct: Dillon Dubé OR Dillon Dube
Incorrect: Dylan, Doobe

Correct: Sam Bennett
Incorrect: Bennet, Benett

Correct: Rasmus Andersson
Incorrect: Anderson, Andersen, Anderssen, Rasmussen

Correct: Morgan Klimchuk
Incorrect: Klimchuck, #1 prospect

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #456
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
We should also be going after the improper use of “hopefully”
Steve Bozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #457
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

If it’s any consolation, reportedly

Quote:
The mistake dates to at least 1837, according to the OED, so it has probably been infuriating pedants for almost 200 years
https://stancarey.wordpress.com/2012...ht-of-must-of/

Back on topic, these days we would have a better chance of seeing fans pleased with Brodie than we would of seeing them pleased with Smith.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #458
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
...Correct: Morgan Klimchuk
Incorrect: Klimchuck, #1 prospect
Scorp? Are you okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob