Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-05-2022, 01:45 PM   #41
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Not much between the two teams for me in the opener here, good early pressure by the gunners and palace with more of the ball for the last 15 or 20. for me a weak weak foul on ayew a couple plays before the goal where he clearly got the ball leading to arsenal pressure for the goal but arsenals set play off the corner was good.

For me I am really disappointed partey is playing with an active rape case against him and the commentators have their heads in the sand not even addressing the constant booing or controversy

Did they change the handball rules again? There also was a stone cold handball in the box that wasn't a pen because the commentators said they are looking at intent this year? Weird

Last edited by Matty81; 08-05-2022 at 01:49 PM.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2022, 02:11 PM   #42
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

So far I am not impressed with fubotv. Thought the reason the quality wasn’t great for Canadian premier league was just that one soccer sucks, but the wiality is just as bad this game, not even HD. Would be hoping to have 4K options at this point, not going backwards to 720p
J epworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:11 PM   #43
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Man, I know money is king but how do the Premier League allow there games to be broadcast on such a garbage streaming site. The picture quality is awful on this.
cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:12 PM   #44
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
He was cussing something something Slava under his drool this morning; most angry I've seen him
Can an Arsenal fan explain why Thomas Partey isn't given the same treatment as Mason Greenwood?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:03 PM   #45
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Good entertaining game. Thought a draw would have been fair but Arsenal edging it was fine, Palace had a 56-44 possession advantage, shot attempts 10-10, Xg 1.55-1.18 Arsenal.

My thoughts:
Michael Owen is such a lazy, terrible commentator, claiming Arsenal battered palace. They had a great first 25, not to take anything away from them but he just says things to reinforce the scoreline and ignores the stats.

Partey needs to be suspended by the club until the rape charge is dealt with. Absolutely bush league Oilers level move by Arsenal playing him. Their fans allegedly chanting, Thomas Partey he shags who he likes on the train platforms... perfect example of how this kind of thing emboldens the bastards who do that kind of ####. What other employers would let an accused rapist represent their company actively, suspend with pay. I am starting to get embarassed to be a sports fan these days with the win at all costs crap with guys like Kane, Partey and Watson. By all means let them earn and clear their name but how are they allowed to play.

Saka looked real good, and I though Zinchenko really locked down the left side against Ayew. That new central defender Arsenal had looked real rusty, Eze and Eduoard missed two absolutely golden chances after slipping past him.

Palace are missing a box to box midfielder and they will be a top half side, Doucoure is a good DM and Eze a good number 10 but they lack a player to ferry the ball between them and press.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #46
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saliba was the best player on the field by a mile
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:12 PM   #47
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also unrelated to this game, but was watching one of the previews on sky youtube with neville and Carragher

They were asked if refs should answer questions after the game, they said refs would never let it happen and didnt blame them

But interestingly they brought up something I've never heard, they get to hear the VAR communication between VAR and the ref, and said to them it helps them understand the decisions better and if it was made so the fans could it would lower the amount of complaining of fans

It happens in other sports, rugby and I believe cricket now too

Makes too much sense, which means it wont happen
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:21 PM   #48
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Saliba was the best player on the field by a mile
For me as a central defender when your d gets sliced open twice like that that's a big deal. That free header Eduoard had and the pass Zaha put past him to send Eze in alone were pretty big errors in center d, with all due respect to Palace, against a better side those are two easy goals. But outside of those two chances he looked solid, am sure he will get better, has missed a ton of time.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:36 PM   #49
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Arsenal fans should screenshot the table now.

Arsenal with more points than the rest of the League combined!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:00 PM   #50
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Can an Arsenal fan explain why Thomas Partey isn't given the same treatment as Mason Greenwood?
I actually haven't been following this story.
Last I heard was on here when someone said an unnamed North London player us being investigated.

I noticed the crowd booing Partey today and though maybe he had a bad tackle against them last season or something.
I had no idea these allegations were about Partey or even an Arsenal player.

Happy to learn more about the situation if you have sources.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:03 PM   #51
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Three charges of rape against him, he's out on bail until October. One charge since dropped. There's a lot more explicit/sordid stuff circulating online including firsthand allegations one of the women posted on social media.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-rape-27605691
Old 08-05-2022, 09:49 PM   #52
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Also unrelated to this game, but was watching one of the previews on sky youtube with neville and Carragher

They were asked if refs should answer questions after the game, they said refs would never let it happen and didnt blame them

But interestingly they brought up something I've never heard, they get to hear the VAR communication between VAR and the ref, and said to them it helps them understand the decisions better and if it was made so the fans could it would lower the amount of complaining of fans

It happens in other sports, rugby and I believe cricket now too

Makes too much sense, which means it wont happen

It's FIFA preventing it sadly.

https://www.espn.ph/football/english...season-sources
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 10:48 PM   #53
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
Three charges of rape against him, he's out on bail until October. One charge since dropped. There's a lot more explicit/sordid stuff circulating online including firsthand allegations one of the women posted on social media.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-rape-27605691
I read some of her posts and it’s just unbelievable that the media has ignored this completely. I can understand them talking about privacy and such, but at the same time his name is out there and the allegations are not inconsequential. I have no idea how the media can continue to avoid it as a topic.

And to have a professional club play him and just carry on as though nothing has happened is despicable. With fans making those kinds of chants, it’s even worse. How do the other guys feel in the room? I wouldn’t want anything to do with that guy.

As you say, sports in general needs to have some kind of reckoning.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2022, 07:59 AM   #54
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So what services do I need to be able to watch games in Canada?

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:50 AM   #55
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
So what services do I need to be able to watch games in Canada?
Fubo TV.

They also carry the Italian League and some other leagues, as well as the CPL and Canadian national team games/Concacaf games.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2022, 09:51 AM   #56
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We’ve been fully appraised at the latest Board meeting, but had to sign NDAs before that particular agenda item.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 11:44 AM   #57
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1555972218957402113
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 12:23 PM   #58
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
We’ve been fully appraised at the latest Board meeting, but had to sign NDAs before that particular agenda item.
Well you lot, disregarded that NDA when you were cheering on his rapey antics today.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 01:32 PM   #59
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 2022/2023 English Premier League

Quote:
Well you lot, disregarded that NDA when you were cheering on his rapey antics today.

Thought better of my reaction to being accused of cheering on a rapist and just put you on an ignore list.

Last edited by Barnet Flame; 08-06-2022 at 01:58 PM.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 01:33 PM   #60
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote