Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #61
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
How come Kooch had his suspension announced the next day but the Leafs have to wait an extra day?

I do agree with the first poster on this page that the refs should take some of the blame. But it's still Kadri's idiotic decision and he should be punished. I'm hoping 3 games but it's likely 5.

If you get a chance watch the rough stuff highlights on SN YouTube. It's hilarious the stuff they were letting go.
Think it's because they are doing a in-person hearing.

Also very likely that they've told the Leafs it's at least 2 games already - so not like they have to plan on if they are going to have Kadri in the lineup or not.

Kucherov's case wasn't as clear so they needed to make sure it was done on the off day.

Refs do hold a lot of the blame here IMO, this is what happens when you don't call all the cheapshots and let the game get to the point where it boils over.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #62
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

It's actually impressive that Kadri will manage to pick up a 5+ game suspension in the playoffs.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #63
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Toronto needs D and we have too many...

Brodie and Stone for Kadri and a 2nd?
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #64
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Toronto is going to have big cap issues next year. They aren't taking on $7M+ to get rid of $4.5M

If the Flames want Kadri, and Toronto wants D, I suspect a guy like Kylington might come up.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #65
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkhouser View Post
Toronto needs D and we have too many...

Brodie and Stone for Kadri and a 2nd?
I don't think Stone is going to be part of any trade that involves a quality player coming to the Flames.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:04 AM   #66
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Toronto is going to have big cap issues next year. They aren't taking on $7M+ to get rid of $4.5M

If the Flames want Kadri, and Toronto wants D, I suspect a guy like Kylington might come up.
If the flames trade for Kadri I'll be choked. If Kylington is the cost paid for Kadri, I'll start a petition to get Treliving's cat scanned. When it comes to trading with TO, just say no.
FlamesFanTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanTrev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #67
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanTrev View Post
If the flames trade for Kadri I'll be choked. If Kylington is the cost paid for Kadri, I'll start a petition to get Treliving's cat scanned. When it comes to trading with TO, just say no.
Just using that as an example of what Toronto might be looking for. Young and a year left on his ELC. Not saying it will happen but the Leafs will be looking to save money and maybe get a pick or two as well.

Also, lets leave poor Treliving's cat out of this.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #68
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I don’t think Tre will make that deal, but he certainly has shown an ability to identify and exploit weaknesses in other teams during trades. Carolina being the big one last year, but also the Dougie trade with Boston. I do see him targeting the Leafs as a team with little leverage.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PugnaciousIntern For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #69
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Treliving has a cat?
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 11:15 AM   #70
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't think Stone is going to be part of any trade that involves a quality player coming to the Flames.
Fair enough. The Brodie - Kadri connection could be an interesting trade foundation though...
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #71
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
I don’t think Tre will make that deal, but he certainly has shown an ability to identify and exploit weaknesses in other teams during trades. Carolina being the big one last year, but also the Dougie trade with Boston. I do see him targeting the Leafs as a team with little leverage.
Agreed with the above, but I think the flames have done a really good job acquiring a certain type of player, as far as psyche. I don't think Kadri fits that Archetype. If Kadri is what is available in a trade with TO, I think Treliving looks elsewhere for a deal. I mean, I don't think it's just TO looking for good, young, cost controlled Dmen.
FlamesFanTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanTrev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 11:22 AM   #72
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not to mention the suspension to Kadri for the throat slashing gesture to Gio a few years back. I can't see the Flames bringing in that guy at all. Just seems very uncharacteristic of the Flames moves in recent history.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #73
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
It's actually impressive that Kadri will manage to pick up a 5+ game suspension in the playoffs.
Sure there is a history with the player here, but I just can't see this league dishing out 5,6,7 playoff games as punishment for something where nobody has been seriously injured.

Right or wrong, injury seems to typically be a threshold for the NHL handing down serious, long-term punishment. My guess is he sits for 3-4 games and he's back in time for a game 7 should it go that far.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #74
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think Kadri's a bad guy or anything, he's just one of those people that when they get angry their wires cross and all of a sudden the common sense part of their thought process goes out the window.

It's really too bad because he's an important piece of that line up. Somehow he needs to learn to get those emotions under control though because he's really put his team behind the 8 ball two years in a row.

Selfish, stupid, and unnecessary. Bruins with a big advantage now.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #75
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
Not to mention the suspension to Kadri for the throat slashing gesture to Gio a few years back. I can't see the Flames bringing in that guy at all. Just seems very uncharacteristic of the Flames moves in recent history.
I doubt there’s long term bad blood from the organization over a throat slashing gesture. Guarantee Flames players have done that to opponents in the past. It’s pretty forgiveable

A Kadri/Brodie trade scenario makes sense and would be awesome for the Flames I think
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #76
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkhouser View Post
Fair enough. The Brodie - Kadri connection could be an interesting trade foundation though...
Likely not. Toronto could trade Kadri for cheap players and futures, and that's the likely route they would take.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #77
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Sure there is a history with the player here, but I just can't see this league dishing out 5,6,7 playoff games as punishment for something where nobody has been seriously injured.

Right or wrong, injury seems to typically be a threshold for the NHL handing down serious, long-term punishment. My guess is he sits for 3-4 games and he's back in time for a game 7 should it go that far.
You can't sit him for just three. They gave him three in last year's playoffs for a similarly dirty headshot, and he clearly hasn't learned. And if they were planning to give him four, there would have been no need for an in person hearing.

Kadri's going to have to sound mighty convincing at his hearing for this to be just four games or less. Personally, I think they give him five. Mostly due to his history - this will be his sixth suspension iirc, most for head shots - and partially to ensure he's out for the rest of this series.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #78
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

I think they’re waiting to see if the guy he hit plays tonight.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #79
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
Likely not. Toronto could trade Kadri for cheap players and futures, and that's the likely route they would take.
Why? Their window is 100 percent now and Brodie fills a need.

They just gave up cheap players and futures for Muzzin
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:35 AM   #80
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Why? Their window is 100 percent now and Brodie fills a need.

They just gave up cheap players and futures for Muzzin
Kadri is on a really good contract. They won't take salary on for a D man like Brodie.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote