Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2018, 02:45 AM   #41
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Beach Ball night

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/l...-spills-beers/

[QUOTEAs Complete Hockey News documented via Twitter, the Senators apparently wanted to get fans pumped during warm-ups prior to Thursday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks, and so they decided to drop "weird, heavy beach balls" onto the crowd from the arena rafters. As others reported, the results weren't pretty: Spilled beers, injured children and "people getting whacked left and right."]
[/QUOTE]
And I lol'd and I lol'd.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:06 AM   #42
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Beach Ball night

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/l...-spills-beers/

[QUOTEAs Complete Hockey News documented via Twitter, the Senators apparently wanted to get fans pumped during warm-ups prior to Thursday's game against the Chicago Blackhawks, and so they decided to drop "weird, heavy beach balls" onto the crowd from the arena rafters. As others reported, the results weren't pretty: Spilled beers, injured children and "people getting whacked left and right."]
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the Teddy Bear Toss for the Hitmen

(It’s eye opening when you are in the lower bowl, and realize your number one objective once that goal is scored is providing cover for the three year old kid beside you so that you can preserve the magic and beauty of the event, while getting pelted by teddy bears from the upper deck which are approaching terminal velocity.)
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:38 AM   #43
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

What's the terminal velocity of a teddy bear? 0.1m/s?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #44
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
What's the terminal velocity of a teddy bear? 0.1m/s?
African or European?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #45
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Only if we can force them to be renamed the Rough Riders.
Only if we can force them to be renamed the Leafs.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #46
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schteve_d View Post
Best 30 minutes in sitcom history IMO.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:44 AM   #47
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So while his team is out west, Eugene Melnyk decided to do a media tour back east. Here are some of the highlights:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1109091259107311616

The real fans comment came from his interview yesterday on the Fan590 where he claimed that most of the people that complain about the team aren't really fans because one person who complained turned out to be a 12 year old from Toronto.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:56 AM   #48
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seixeiro works for Sportsnet, yes? Criticism aside, isn't it "a little bit" unprofessional for a journalist to publicly call an NHL owner "a jackass"?

that being said, Melnyk is easily the worst owner in the league. The Sens need to get rid of him ASAP.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:59 AM   #49
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #50
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Thing is, Sid is 100% right. Also I'm not sure if I'd call him a journalist -- he's more of a television personality. He has a sports opinion show.

The sports atmosphere in Ottawa right now is truly unreal. I've never seen anything like it in Calgary. People talk more about the 67s and the Ravens/GeeGees than they do the Sens, and when the Sens do come up, it's to complete a joke.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #51
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, ripping on the Leafs is the first thing Melnyk has said that makes me think he cares about the Sens a little bit.

Like I'd never be mad if Flames brass took a jab at the Oilers.

From Seixeiro's bullet points, I'd give Eugene a 1/3, which is good by his standards

Last edited by Geeoff; 03-22-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #52
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Is this Melnyk's way of asking Katz to hold his beer?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #53
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Is this Melnyk's way of asking Katz to hold his beer?
Katz might be a knob, but he's generally a good owner considering he was able to get his new arena, spends to the cap, and is able to continually generate revenue with his sold out arenas and promises of false hope. His management team blows and the team sucks. But he finds a way to keep the team profitable and popular.

Melnyk on the other hand is a cheap ass who runs ALL his stars out of town, struggles with attendance, and is having trouble with his arena situation.

From strictly a business perspective, it's Katz>>Melnyk, and it's not even close.

As a Flames fan watching these other Canadian franchises go through the motions, it's easy to appreciate the stability and class the Flames organization shows from nearly every angle.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #54
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Seixeiro works for Sportsnet, yes? Criticism aside, isn't it "a little bit" unprofessional for a journalist to publicly call an NHL owner "a jackass"?

that being said, Melnyk is easily the worst owner in the league. The Sens need to get rid of him ASAP.
And how does a team get rid of an owner? Unless the NHL doesn't approve of him and we just recently heard Bettman say EM is a good owner in his books the team is pretty much stuck with him.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:22 AM   #55
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Ottawa's continual circus of the bizarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Katz might be a knob, but he's generally a good owner considering he was able to get his new arena, spends to the cap, and is able to continually generate revenue with his sold out arenas and promises of false hope. His management team blows and the team sucks. But he finds a way to keep the team profitable and popular.

Melnyk on the other hand is a cheap ass who runs ALL his stars out of town, struggles with attendance, and is having trouble with his arena situation.

From strictly a business perspective, it's Katz>>Melnyk, and it's not even close.

As a Flames fan watching these other Canadian franchises go through the motions, it's easy to appreciate the stability and class the Flames organization shows from nearly every angle.

Nm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #56
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
And how does a team get rid of an owner? Unless the NHL doesn't approve of him and we just recently heard Bettman say EM is a good owner in his books the team is pretty much stuck with him.
oh, I know. I'm just saying they better hope he sells soon for one reason or another.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:03 PM   #57
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post

Not sure if I would call Katz a good owner. He's got more money than Melnyk so he can spend to the cap but he kind of scammed Edmonton into the whole ice district thing to which he's benefited much more than just the Oilers arena. Also we will see how much he wants to spend on salaries when they no longer start selling out the arena and he has to dig deeper into his wallet. I haven't heard any sleazy stories about Melnyk's casting couch. To me they are both bad owners.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #58
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Not sure if I would call Katz a good owner. He's got more money than Melnyk so he can spend to the cap but he kind of scammed Edmonton into the whole ice district thing to which he's benefited much more than just the Oilers arena. Also we will see how much he wants to spend on salaries when they no longer start selling out the arena and he has to dig deeper into his wallet. I haven't heard any sleazy stories about Melnyk's casting couch. To me they are both bad owners.
Katz is also the guy at the top who's responsible for the brutal hockey operations.

And if they don't get McDavid in a lottery - who knows how many of those fans have bailed after these years of brutalness.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #59
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm going to start pounding F9 on the sens and no good oilers threads. Both gong shows provide minute by minute laughs.
dustygoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #60
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustygoon View Post
I'm going to start pounding F9 on the sens and no good oilers threads. Both gong shows provide minute by minute laughs.
You are pounding the wrong key. no good.