Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2021, 01:16 AM   #1
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default Calling all Investment Professionals in the house for course advice!

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of the CP members who work in finance, banking and investments have the Chartered Investment Manager Designation (CIM)??

I worked in the business for a big 5 bank for several years a while back but I have been out of the game for a little while. I still have a great desire to get back into it in some capacity and been doing a little thinking.

I should have taken the CIM course a few years ago but I am an idiot and didn't. I should have taken the CIM course at some point earlier during Covid when I had a lot of free time, but I didn't cause I am an idiot.

A few friends have recently enrolled and completed a portion of it and I never expected that given their background. I think enough is enough and I need to get on with this for my future and as a personal challenge to try and get back into the industry.

I will admit, although I have a decent investment background knowledge and worked as a higher performer, I am a little nervous on things like the financial calculations and the general math. Some of this stuff I haven't done in a while.

I am wondering how hard the actual math component may be? Can anybody recommend any tutoring or anything in the Calgary area? I know that there used to be a study group for the CFA that would get together but that was pre Covid so I am not sure what is happening now.

Any advice anybody else may be able to offer for a former colleague would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:34 AM   #2
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven’t taken the CIM, but it’s offered through CSA and it’s a much easier route than the CFA in my opinion. Everything I’ve taken through CSA has been pretty straightforward and you could book exams frequently as well.

I guess it depends on what you want to do and why you’re taking the course(s).
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: