Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2023, 11:22 AM   #1321
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I can't remember the last time I ordered a bottle of beer in a bar.
I just figured even though you get less, the cost would be lower.
Although from what CroFlames posted, $7.20 for a pint of beer sounds pretty darn reasonable. I thought a pint of decent beer would be around the $10 mark or more by now.

I suppose with the tax increase, bars and beer stores and going to take the opportunity to add in a little extra for themselves, too.

They're doing it with food costs, so I don't think booze will be any different.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:24 AM   #1322
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I don't see $4 anywhere, anymore even during happy hour. It seems more like $6 is the absolute low end (during happy hour other specials, and the standard domestic or medium type beers are $7-$9.

Sometimes you can get a house brand absolute swill for $5/6, I guess.
In red deer you can get $4 bottles. At least you used to recently. Gordon is in Edmonton so there is a variance across the province.

My local pub on the west side is like $5 bottles of some kind almost every night.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:30 AM   #1323
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
In red deer you can get $4 bottles. At least you used to recently. Gordon is in Edmonton so there is a variance across the province.

My local pub on the west side is like $5 bottles of some kind almost every night.
still not worth going to Dead Rear...............

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:34 AM   #1324
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I went to a pub on Saturday and I think a 22oz beer was $7.20.

It may have been 20oz, not sure.
That’s gotta be on the low end.

I’ve been paying $8-9 for 16-18oz pretty much everywhere.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:59 AM   #1325
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
still not worth going to Dead Rear...............
Typical Sylvan snobbery.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 08:15 PM   #1326
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

How much is a bottle of beer on the wall these days?
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2023, 08:46 PM   #1327
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
How much is a bottle of beer on the wall these days?
A lot less than the other 98 combined? Maybe.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:29 PM   #1328
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
hope the little guy got home ok.
Thanks. Still there. They're re-evaluating tomorrow. They finally did an xray today and found out he's got pneumonia, which he didn't have when he went in for surgery. So, still dropping his oxygen especially at night, and why he's got a fever etc. He's on an antibiotic now, so hopefully 24 hours on that (by tomorrow) will yield some results.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:31 PM   #1329
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ok couldn’t find the Kijiji thread on my phone. Anyways… conundrum… I bought a used smart watch in very good condition for an extremely low price. Person said it was non functional and they could not get it to work. I bought for very little. A little tinkering later at home and it’s working well except for 1 button but since it’s touchscreen and has a phone App it’s easy to work around.

Question: I bought it for very little, and now it works. I could keep and use it or sell for for maybe 200. Do I offer the used watch back? Or just take it and be good with a good score?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:41 PM   #1330
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Ok couldn’t find the Kijiji thread on my phone. Anyways… conundrum… I bought a used smart watch in very good condition for an extremely low price. Person said it was non functional and they could not get it to work. I bought for very little. A little tinkering later at home and it’s working well except for 1 button but since it’s touchscreen and has a phone App it’s easy to work around.

Question: I bought it for very little, and now it works. I could keep and use it or sell for for maybe 200. Do I offer the used watch back? Or just take it and be good with a good score?
The only reason you paid anything at all was because there was a chance you could get it to work. Seems like that it's kind of understood that if you get it to work it's your bonus
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2023, 12:31 AM   #1331
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post

Then item was in described condition and you needed elbow grease and expertise to fix it. I have no clue why you would offer it back.

It's different if the seller said it wasn't working but the item you received was. Then maybe I'd ask if they sold you the wrong one etc. (Ie: warranty replacement that inexplicably doesn't ask you to ship the old one back). But even then, I don't think you have an obligation to send it back even if asked. Most Kijiji deals are well known for deal is as is when money changes hands.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:48 AM   #1332
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I think you guys missed the point of his post. He wasn't under any impression that there was an actual obligation to return the item. Just wondering if it was the "nice" thing to do with the score.

In that respect, I'd say no reason to feel any guilt and just keep or sell it if you wish, but.....it would be a really cool exchange if a buyer contacted a seller and wished to return an item or some money based on what happened. Not many feel good stories or actions by human beings these days in this increasingly self focused world. Would probably really brighten someones day and restore a little faith.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:50 AM   #1333
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

If it was me I'd maybe keep it, but just contact the seller and with no room for negotiation (who knows maybe it's a dick that suddenly tries to get more out of you) just state what happened and that you'd like to offer $X more in addition to what you paid.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 11:40 AM   #1334
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Nah man, the feel good story here is that someone made some money on something that was otherwise trash, and someone else turned trash into something productive. That’s like, the perfect scenario.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:50 PM   #1335
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Youth pastors give me the Heebie Jeebies.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2023, 12:54 PM   #1336
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Nah man, the feel good story here is that someone made some money on something that was otherwise trash, and someone else turned trash into something productive. That’s like, the perfect scenario.
I think contacting him and letting him know is kind of a dick move. Essentially unless you are going to offer him full value of what the watch is now worth he will leave the exchange feeling a little ripped off as he could have spent a little time to fix it and made more money. As it stands he sold it for what he thought it was worth. Contacting him, even to give him money, likely makes him feel worse.

I agree with 81MC this is a Kijiji best case scenario. A person turned their junk into money and a person turned junk into something more valuable.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2023, 10:06 PM   #1337
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I think contacting him and letting him know is kind of a dick move. Essentially unless you are going to offer him full value of what the watch is now worth he will leave the exchange feeling a little ripped off as he could have spent a little time to fix it and made more money. As it stands he sold it for what he thought it was worth. Contacting him, even to give him money, likely makes him feel worse.

I agree with 81MC this is a Kijiji best case scenario. A person turned their junk into money and a person turned junk into something more valuable.
Heh heh good overall discussion. So although I THOUGHT I had the unit back to 100% working condition… alas… it is not. At best it’s 75% functional with the remaining 25% being the Inability to choose the sport to track… because one of the button contacts seem very flaky. The person I got it from thought it was 100% dead.

I can still use my phone App to manage some of the functions. Still worth more than what I paid and has other great functions still. Im going to contact the manufacturer and see if for a “small fee” I can get a replacement which has worked for me in the past (when I was original owner).

I’m simply now more willing to put effort and money into this than the former owner and so don’t feel nearly as bad as last night when it kinda felt like I had “stolen” a fully functional current-model piece of electronics due to their naivety.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 06:36 AM   #1338
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
pastors give me the Heebie Jeebies.
Fixed

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 10:20 AM   #1339
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Youth pastors give me the Heebie Jeebies.
Like 20-30 somethings that are pastors to kids? Or age 40-50+ that are pastors to kids?

I mean, the less creepy ones are more like... counselors or attempt to act like a big brother/dad to those who didn't have such a role model, I guess. The ones that have young minds to guide and mold are creepy AF, I agree.

But then again, strip away the pastor part. Any older guy trying to guide and mold the younger generation with gusto, are often creepy AF. Some of those junior CEO and junior leadership programs are just as weird and creepy and full of weird mantras.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 10:23 AM   #1340
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Like 20-30 somethings that are pastors to kids? Or age 40-50+ that are pastors to kids?

I mean, the less creepy ones are more like... counselors or attempt to act like a big brother/dad to those who didn't have such a role model, I guess. The ones that have young minds to guide and mold are creepy AF, I agree.

But then again, strip away the pastor part. Any older guy trying to guide and mold the younger generation with gusto, are often creepy AF. Some of those junior CEO and junior leadership programs are just as weird and creepy and full of weird mantras.
quite a few youth pastors in the USA have been busted recently for molesting kids. I can only imagine how many are getting away with it. Especially in the states.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote