Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2022, 04:26 PM   #2641
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Just don’t call anyone brainwashed or stupid because that’s just RUDE.
I don’t know if that’s targeted at me, but that was nowhere near my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
So, in other words, we have our very own little Donald Trump for a premier. Too lazy or stupid or self involved to verify anything she reads. This is gonna go well.
Is that it though, or is it more nefarious? Maybe she knows exactly what kind of hatred she’s spreading?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:30 PM   #2642
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post

Is that it though, or is it more nefarious? Maybe she knows exactly what kind of hatred she’s spreading?

Oh it's for sure to incite her rabid base of neanderthals. She can be dumb and still know exactly what she's doing. I think, like Trump, she's doing it because she likes to watch the world burn and to feather her own nest.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:32 PM   #2643
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
BCHS? If not BCHS (Brooks) then you are not alone.

As for the bolded, could it simply be strategy for them to have an easy class for the day? I remember back to my childhood and we would often do/ try this.
No it's not BCHS. Of course kids try to derail the class for their own amusement, but it happened enough and across multiple grades that I realized it wasn't just the personalities in the room. I had all four of my classes in a single day ask varying questions related to pedophilia, satan worshipping, etc.

I reported my concerns to the Admin, and they said they'd talk to her (the EA). The next day she (the EA) was wearing a mask that said 'censored' across the front. She worse that mask everyday until she was finally let go (her contract wasn't renewed at the end of the school year).

There's two factors at play here. First, is she shouldn't be trying to influence kids politically. Whatever her political beliefs, that's not hers (or anyones job). My students could never tell my political beliefs. They'd always ask me and I'd ask them to guess. its was always hilarious to see 1/3 of the class guess me to be NDP, 1/3 guess Liberal and 1/3 guess Conservative. But I always found comfort in it because it meant I was doing my job without influencing the kids (at least not overtly). I would always tell the kids, that my job was to teach them to think/question not what to think.

The second issue at play is her beliefs. I mean, her beliefs were terrible, and demonstrate a failing on her part of media literacy and basic common sense. Some people on this board might argue it was just her opinion, and she's entitled to it. Sure she is, but she's also entitled to be ridiculed for how ridiculous and awful her views are.

Regardless, she's been elected as a town councillor for the area and her facebook page is full of this garbage, so obviously the people in that area either condone these views or agree. Finally, she openly supports the UCP, so the UCP is in some sense affiliated with her views. The local UCP MLA and her are family friends, so he is aware of her and her views.

Last edited by b1crunch; 10-18-2022 at 04:37 PM.
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to b1crunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 04:48 PM   #2644
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don’t know if that’s targeted at me, but that was nowhere near my point.
It wasn’t directed “at” anyone though I don’t really know what your point was and am still curious about your theory on why politics have changed/people have become more entrenched, since you’re here.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 05:11 PM   #2645
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
It wasn’t directed “at” anyone though I don’t really know what your point was and am still curious about your theory on why politics have changed/people have become more entrenched, since you’re here.
I don’t think I know though. I think peoples positions are more entrenched, and there’s less overlap between the parties. I can’t explain why that is though.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 06:12 PM   #2646
Faust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Alberta premier apologizes for comments on Russia's war in Ukraine:

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alberta-...aine-1.6115053
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:26 PM   #2647
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post

Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:33 PM   #2648
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I imagine by next year we will have one of those “word-a-day” like desk calendars with alternating statements and apologies by Danielle Smith.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:39 PM   #2649
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post

This just in. Danielle Smith finds out that over 10% of the Alberta population is Ukrainian and that immediately pissing off 10% of the population within a week in power is a really bad idea.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 07:52 PM   #2650
RedHot25
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
This just in. Danielle Smith finds out that over 10% of the Alberta population is Ukrainian and that immediately pissing off 10% of the population within a week in power is a really bad idea.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...+Article+Links

Quote:
Communications firm Navigator Ltd. surveyed Albertans in the days after Ms. Smith’s Oct. 6 leadership victory, and the poll is filled with grim data points for the UCP. There’s been no bump in support for the party based on Jason Kenney’s departure. There’s no honeymoon after the win – the provincial election campaign was basically on the moment Ms. Smith gave her victory speech. According to the poll, the UCP stands at 38-per-cent support provincewide for current vote intention, while the NDP stands at 53 per cent.

(And the Navigator numbers contrast with a Leger Marketing poll, also done just after Ms. Smith’s leadership win – but released last week – which put the proportion of decided voters at 44 per cent for the NDP, and 42 per cent for the UCP. But which also found 36 per cent of Albertans believe Ms. Notley would be the best premier, followed by 22 per cent for Ms. Smith)
Quote:
The poll also zeroes in on “defectors” – about 14 per cent of Albertans who voted for the UCP in the 2019 election but say they won’t now. Some will go to the NDP, some are undecided and some won’t vote. But they are mainly baby boomers – those age 55-74 – and Calgarians. This group says they view Ms. Smith negatively either because of her proposed sovereignty act, or her floor-crossing from the Wildrose to the Progressive Conservative party eight years ago. To me, it’s unclear whether voters actually remember that Ms. Smith switched to Jim Prentice’s PC party in December, 2014 – which she has many times acknowledged was a mistake and apologized for – or the poll question prompted them on this piece of history.

The poll also concludes “Rachel Notley was the key beneficiary of the of the UCP race.” That’s a damning problem for the UCP, as the party thought Mr. Kenney’s resignation would be a positive reset – both on the inside and amongst voters.
Quote:
This was also before the Premier made a statement clarifying her comments on the most discriminated group in her lifetime being the unvaccinated, and apologizing late Tuesday for “some ill-informed comments on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. My knowledge and opinion of this matter have drastically evolved since that time, and I apologize for those previous comments.”
RedHot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedHot25 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 07:57 PM   #2651
Bs&Cs
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Smith apologized for crossing the floor? Didn't she spend most of the last decade justifying that decision on the radio saying the WR party was broke and she believed in what Prentice was selling?

She is incapable of being honest about anything.
Bs&Cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:49 PM   #2652
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:
Default Alberta Politics & Government Thread 3.0

I thought conservatives didn’t like leaders who apologize so much?
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 08:58 PM   #2653
Yikes
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs&Cs View Post
Smith apologized for crossing the floor? Didn't she spend most of the last decade justifying that decision on the radio saying the WR party was broke and she believed in what Prentice was selling?

NEVER trust a traitor....she did it once and will do it again. Like the orange guy, she is a perennial loser, down on her luck once again, lied her way into her current position and will continue to lie to cover her ass and somehow secure employment.
Yikes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yikes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 09:28 PM   #2654
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs&Cs View Post

To me crossing the floor was a sign of good governance. The wild rose party refused to pass the tolerance resolution so Smith crossed the floor. This is what we expect of our Leaders, To actually have some principles.

Now she gets her information from anti-Semitic, anti-science groups. I have trouble seeing the same floor crossing person as this current leader. Best case scenario she’s a spineless opportunist who will move to the Center to get elected. Worst case she’s a spineless opportunist who gets elected without having to move to the Center.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 10:14 PM   #2655
14Roman14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post
I thought conservatives didn’t like leaders who apologize so much?
You’re right, say what you mean and mean what you say.

I do believe she should be allowed an opinion on the territory without supporting invasion. She could have apologized for some of it I guess and explained why her opinions on some of it had changed and why she felt that way at that time and why and how she feels now right or wrong. Don’t just apologize to try and get political points.
14Roman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:47 PM   #2656
b1crunch
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Roman14 View Post
You’re right, say what you mean and mean what you say.

I do believe she should be allowed an opinion on the territory without supporting invasion. She could have apologized for some of it I guess and explained why her opinions on some of it had changed and why she felt that way at that time and why and how she feels now right or wrong. Don’t just apologize to try and get political points.
What if what the person says is ridiculous or easily provable false? Do you still support them because 'they tell it like it is'?
b1crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:04 PM   #2657
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyfire89 View Post
What could possibly be bad about universal dental care?

Dental plan!

Jason cuts taxes.

Dental plan!

Jason cuts taxes.

Dental plan!

Jason cuts taxes.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:07 PM   #2658
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
Nah, he voted for the numbers underneath barcodes.

A UPC is both the numbers and the barcode. The code is the numbers in UPC-A format.

####, I’ve worked in retail for too long.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:27 PM   #2659
14Roman14
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1crunch View Post
No it's not BCHS. Of course kids try to derail the class for their own amusement, but it happened enough and across multiple grades that I realized it wasn't just the personalities in the room. I had all four of my classes in a single day ask varying questions related to pedophilia, satan worshipping, etc.

I reported my concerns to the Admin, and they said they'd talk to her (the EA). The next day she (the EA) was wearing a mask that said 'censored' across the front. She worse that mask everyday until she was finally let go (her contract wasn't renewed at the end of the school year).

There's two factors at play here. First, is she shouldn't be trying to influence kids politically. Whatever her political beliefs, that's not hers (or anyones job). My students could never tell my political beliefs. They'd always ask me and I'd ask them to guess. its was always hilarious to see 1/3 of the class guess me to be NDP, 1/3 guess Liberal and 1/3 guess Conservative. But I always found comfort in it because it meant I was doing my job without influencing the kids (at least not overtly). I would always tell the kids, that my job was to teach them to think/question not what to think.

The second issue at play is her beliefs. I mean, her beliefs were terrible, and demonstrate a failing on her part of media literacy and basic common sense. Some people on this board might argue it was just her opinion, and she's entitled to it. Sure she is, but she's also entitled to be ridiculed for how ridiculous and awful her views are.

Regardless, she's been elected as a town councillor for the area and her facebook page is full of this garbage, so obviously the people in that area either condone these views or agree. Finally, she openly supports the UCP, so the UCP is in some sense affiliated with her views. The local UCP MLA and her are family friends, so he is aware of her and her views.
First off I commend you for your teaching style and for your efforts to not politicize your teaching allowing your students to somewhat form their own opinions. While I do relate to a less extreme to the lady you worked with, school is not the place to deliberately share personal views of the political landscape.

You may not wish to engage in any further conversation with me after our last major differences of posts. However I will ask but not push if you’d rather not.

From the sounds of it you and the woman you used to work with are both big contributors to your community and leaders within it. I’m glad you still respect her as a human within your community despite despising her beliefs.

Just wondering how you know with 100 percent certainty that all her views are untrue or misinformation. I’m not saying that they are all true, but just because we dislike information does it make it misinformation if there is no proof it’s untrue. Not liking it or thinking it’s garbage using our own opinion doesn’t necessarily refute it.

Yes, from what you said the detail of information and extremity is quite far fetched. However with the elites and pedophilia, there is some awful things surrounding the Epstein case. And for some reason the ones that committed the crimes against minors have been protected by keeping it all out of the press. In my mind anyone who commits crimes against children should be punished to the fullest extent no matter how rich or powerful. It really baffles me in that case and likely many others how the ones who were hurt likely had their lives hurt forever, yet the ones who committed the crimes are protected. Do we know who it was, no, but we do know it was a ring of the rich and powerful unfortunately.

As for the elites and globalism and control. There are WEF leaders speaking publicly about infiltrating 50 percent of the Canadian liberal cabinet. Writing books about the great reset and the need for globalism rather than nationalism.

Again, I agree with you that the school is not the place for anyone to spread views like this. I’m just wondering how you know with 100 percent certainty that none of it is true, enough to call it all garbage, despite it not being your views.

Everyone is looking for answers to why our world is the way it is. One hears of things like elites wanting control, pushing globalism, and infiltrating government parties. Then they see decisions being made by those parties that could help their cause, it makes one wonder for sure.

Things like governments spending and spending with no end in sight increasing the debt uncontrollably all it does is create debt. Who pays the debt? The taxpayer over many years. Who collects that interest on it, the wealthiest of the world who own the world banks and lent the money in the first place.

Not to bring it back to that thing we don’t want to talk about but it was a major transfer of wealth the last few years as governments spent billions on vaccines for the public and Ppe and test kits etc. The lower and middle class pays taxes and as they go into major debt, major pharmaceutical owners take on that wealth. Major ppe manufacturer owners gain wealth.

If there was a globalist elite group taking steps to form a one world government, they’d have to do things like transfer of wealth to weaken the people and gain control, infiltrate cabinet with allies and ideology, gain control of the media which sways the thinking and ways of life of those that watch it, and encourage people to call out anything that could harm your goals as disinformation.

Now I’m not saying I believe everything she said, and a lot of what you described(the blood stuff) is pretty out there. As you know I do not believe everything you believe. I am simply wondering how you can 100 percent refute it as misinformation?

At one time, likely even on here, anyone who suggested that COVID would lead to vaccine passports, and digital ID were called conspiracy theorists and misinformation spreaders. Then it happened, and nobody called them conspiracy theorists for saying it would happen anymore, but instead conspiracy theorists for opposing it.

It could be a complete crock, or it could have some true elements or be full on truth. I don’t believe her way of expressing it in schools she could be right, you could be right, but how does one know with 100 percent certainty either way?

Again I am ok if you just scroll past and would rather not, just don’t know how people call it all garbage when there is some truths to some elements? If true it will easily happen because people will keep looking the other way calling it disinformation and only going to their echo chamber for their approved information.
14Roman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 12:55 AM   #2660
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Roman14 View Post
As for the elites and globalism and control. There are WEF leaders speaking publicly about infiltrating 50 percent of the Canadian liberal cabinet. Writing books about the great reset and the need for globalism rather than nationalism.
Why don't you hit us with a source for something like the above? Let us all know where you're getting these alternative views. Just one link.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote