KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:52 PM   #2523
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Roman's audition tape for hollywood. I get what they were trying to do, but man its just more of this too many people thinking they're trying to write a movie crap.

I do admit that Paul really sold the whole thing.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 10:27 PM   #2524
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is the bucks v FTR really a dream match years in the making?

One of these tag teams is not like the other...
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:01 PM   #2525
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post

Agreed. This one seems to be a match that the teams want more than any of the fans. I don’t think it’s a dream match years in the making at all.

Also tonight just proves that they wasted Kenny Omega for 12 months. Guy is a star as a a singles wrestler, and they benched him for a year for no real reason
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:02 AM   #2526
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Also tonight just proves that they wasted Kenny Omega for 12 months. Guy is a star as a a singles wrestler, and they benched him for a year for no real reason
His injury must have been worse than they let on or they really wanted to build Mox up because, yeah, there was no other reason to not make him the featured attraction right off the bat. The guy is a generational in-ring performer and pulls 5-star matches off almost at-will.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 01:11 AM   #2527
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Or he was the only one who got the memo that for the show to be a success the guys running it can't be front and center. Of the four, he was the only one who that memo shouldn't have applied too but here we are.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:43 AM   #2528
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

It’s been built up for a long time, and should be a great one. Bucks have put on consistently fun matches, and FTR tell a good story.
LIP MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #2529
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Or he was the only one who got the memo that for the show to be a success the guys running it can't be front and center. Of the four, he was the only one who that memo shouldn't have applied too but here we are.
Cody is not world champion, the Bucks aren't tag team champions.

Not saying they should be at the top of the mountain, but they're not exactly taking up everyone's TV time. Plus the point of their positions at the moment is to give the rub to everyone else - Orange Cassidy, Luke Harper, FTR, etc.

With regards to the TNT Championship, I have no doubts that TNT wants that title on Cody because of his Dusty Rhodes appeal to the southern US demographic. I'd be very confident saying that it's not even Tony Khan's call at the moment in that particular case.

Omega is definitely the only one with Mega star talent, but I don't see Cody and Bucks abusing their positions in any significant way.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #2530
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was watching Halloween Havoc 1988 last night with a main event between Flair and Sting vs Funk and Muta in a cage.

It was a great match with great timing, and it really accentuated the problem that I have with modern booking.

In that match there were 1 or two real high spots dangerous spots and they came out of nowhere. Flair looking Funk in the figure four and Sting coming off the top rope to splash Funk at the same time (Flair did a great job of protecting Funk). And a Muta nasty tumble off of the top rope.

So what drives me crazy about today's wrestling?

First of all, finishers and devestating moves have absolutely no meaning. Wrestlers are easily kicking out of these moves over and over again. Every Match has these dangerous stupid spots, its no wonder we see a ton of injuries now, and they render those spots pointless. To me slamming people on ladders of a high spot to the floor spot should really be saved for main events or feud blowoffs or specialty matches. It just seems that every wrestler needs to hear the holy shyte chant and every fan wants to see death defying stunts in every match.

The long set up of stuff. I really wanted to like Bayley and Sasha, and for the most part I did. But having Bayley setting up a table and chair contraption of death for 2 minutes was stupid. The tug o war over the table to set up a ramp for a high spot looked dumb. Not only that wrestlers sitting outside congregating and staring at the wrestler who takes a bunch of time setting up a dive looks stupid.

The matches are 10,000 miles an hour, have started to look really phony, have no real proper selling, and simple things like brilliant psychology like working on an injury have gone out the window.

The other thing, is the loss of understanding of elevating a talent. Instead main event guys are made to look like dofuses, and it does very little to elevate the lower card guy.

Old 10-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #2531
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Guys running it can be front and center if they should be, and Kenny should have been

Wcws problem was the wrong people were running the show

As long as cody is building to a hard heel turn when the fans really come back then hes doing great

Bucks are not, they seemed to be on the cocky chicken #### heel path the last month which would be great, but after last night they are faces again?

Kenny's been solid for like 6 months, and the last few weeks hes been great, seems way more invested now too

Last edited by d_phaneuf; 10-29-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #2532
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Guys running it can be front and center if they should be, and Kenny should have been

Wcws problem was the wrong people were running the show

As long as cody is building to a hard heel turn when the fans really come back then hes doing great

Bucks are not, they seemed to be on the cocly hicken #### path the last month which would be great, but after last night they are faces again?

Kenny's been solid for like 6 months, and the last few weeks hes been great, seems way more invested now too
The Bucks' booking has been atrocious. Cody's has been mediocre. They've absolutely nailed things with Hangman and Omega.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:34 PM   #2533
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

MJF and Jerichos townhall was great too, he has a different style but MJF is so reminiscent of the miz, just completely know how to own a crowd

I think AEW has been on a but of an upswing the last 6 weeks or so, nxt and smackdown have been as well. Raw outside drew and randy not so much
Old 10-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #2534
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
The Bucks' booking has been atrocious. Cody's has been mediocre. They've absolutely nailed things with Hangman and Omega.
I dont like how hes beat some guys that they seemed to be really building up

But even last night, him not caring he got help via interference, the over the top celebrations the last few months. I think they are saving the turn for something big and I think the crumbs are being laid really well.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #2535
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if they are setting up an inner circle turning on Jericho and having MJF join for full gear

I do think that's the play eventually, but I'd love if they slow burned it, kinda like the rock and farooq in the nation
Old 10-29-2020, 02:52 PM   #2536
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
MJF and Jerichos townhall was great too, he has a different style but MJF is so reminiscent of the miz, just completely know how to own a crowd

I think AEW has been on a but of an upswing the last 6 weeks or so, nxt and smackdown have been as well. Raw outside drew and randy not so much

I'm loving Alexa Bliss' work with the Fiend. So creepily well done. Suppossedly she's heading towards being masked as well and firing up a feud with Nikki Cross.

Old 10-29-2020, 06:08 PM   #2537
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
I wonder if they are setting up an inner circle turning on Jericho and having MJF join for full gear

I do think that's the play eventually, but I'd love if they slow burned it, kinda like the rock and farooq in the nation
Yeah the Santana bit last night would indicate a classic pro wrestling PPV swerve. That said, who knows what they will do for fireworks.

I am really disappointed that the World Title Eliminator tournament was used as a vehicle for the Omega/Page storyline. I liked the Penta/Fenix tension as a sub-story, but Wardlow losing really hurts his hoss character.

Omega and Penta have serious chemistry though.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #2538
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Yeah the Santana bit last night would indicate a classic pro wrestling PPV swerve. That said, who knows what they will do for fireworks.

I am really disappointed that the World Title Eliminator tournament was used as a vehicle for the Omega/Page storyline. I liked the Penta/Fenix tension as a sub-story, but Wardlow losing really hurts his hoss character.

Omega and Penta have serious chemistry though.
I'm hoping they turn Wardlow face soon and turn him into a Strowman-type character. That said, I didn't think the loss to Hangman hurt him.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:57 AM   #2539
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I'm hoping they turn Wardlow face soon and turn him into a Strowman-type character. That said, I didn't think the loss to Hangman hurt him.
He took two finishers, he was protected

Hangman is probably booked as strong as anyone outside mox and cody too
Old 10-31-2020, 01:08 PM   #2540
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

PAC returns to Dynamite next week! Awesome news, as he's been sorely missed.