Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2020, 06:48 PM   #101
slots881
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
wait is there a secret handshake or code worked?

You guys up on 16th just east of Shouldice?
No secret handshake! Just get them in before Oct.31st for the deal! Price goes to full rate after that.
Yes, we're right on 16th Ave NW
slots881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:52 PM   #102
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Before Oct 31 or is it still good on Oct 31? I ask because I doubt I'll be able to get there before Saturday.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #103
slots881
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Before Oct 31 or is it still good on Oct 31? I ask because I doubt I'll be able to get there before Saturday.
Deal is good until Nov.1st. so Halloween drop off is good!
slots881 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slots881 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 08:20 PM   #104
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Skis on shoulder is fine...it's probably only 5 mins walk to the main chute, and then just a bit further beyond that.

The funnest and most satisfying way is to explore and figure it out yourself...there's nothing too hairy there (that isn't obvious). Do a regular brownshirt lap over to North Cornice and scope it out from below. Do the hike and drop into the main chute. Hike it again and explore the boundary line.
Thanks! I can't wait to make it out there this winter.

LL already has a 40cm base!
bizkitgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:24 PM   #105
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, should be fun. I'm wondering if they try to open the gondy on day 1. It'll still be groomers only but they might be able to get something more than the usual WROD.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 10-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #106
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Louise opens Thursday, including the gondola.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 01:30 PM   #107
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Louise opens Thursday, including the gondola.
I don't think I have ever gone to Louise before Boxing Day... when does the alpine usually open?
bizkitgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #108
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Usually? A few weeks after opening day. But that's not the whole mountain. Last year I don't think the alphabet gullies were open until mid January. Brownshirt and boundary took even longer.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:34 PM   #109
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just because I know how important discussion of ye ole misery sticks is to this forum, the early bird season pass pricing at Canmore Nordic ends Saturday. Then it’s full price. And yeah the run on cross country ski gear has already started (just like bikes) so it’ll be a gong show.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:39 PM   #110
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm at Louise today. For November 8 it's not too bad, more stuff open than you might expect, but it's very thin. Topo is open, but nearly unskiable in one part due to exposed rocks. Rodney's is open, but unless the sun is on it, it's pretty sketch as well. Gondola laps are mostly fine, but they're trying to keep them half full at most so you pretty much have to picture the line being double what it appears. Topo you can just ski right on to, if you want to navigate the bony stuff up top.

Summit was rolling but I didn't bother to see if it was actually open.

A few more storms are needed. But it's setting up to be a pretty good December if that happens.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:54 PM   #111
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it windy up there? It's blowing like hell in Calgary.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:57 PM   #112
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

No, not bad at all. It cleared up once I hit the park and was bare road and good visibility from there. It was overcast this morning, sun and cloud this afternoon.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 09:08 PM   #113
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

We'll it wasn't not busy this weekend for early season - where did all these people come from?

Went to book some days on my COP pass and they're already full for the first two weeks. Bananas!

With the way things are going I reckon I'll need to find a corrugated tube for my yard soon.
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:12 PM   #114
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a great day on Sunday. Blue skies all day long, not too crowded. I want to head up midweek more since I'm working from home anyway and weekends are meaningless, but it's really a matter of when the weather's going to be nice because it's still early season conditions anyway.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:25 PM   #115
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm thinking about taking the kids to Nakiska on Saturday. It is opening day for them officially. We have season passes but I'm really concerned about how busy it will be and how painful traffic and the parking lot will be.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:53 PM   #116
Yellefan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I'm thinking about taking the kids to Nakiska on Saturday. It is opening day for them officially. We have season passes but I'm really concerned about how busy it will be and how painful traffic and the parking lot will be.
I was there the past 2 weekends and it was fine. Parking wasn't a problem and now that both Olympic and silver are open at the bottom the lines weren't too bad. The weekend before last only Olympic was open and the line was about 15 minutes.
Yellefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:19 AM   #117
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I love snowboarding and took a few years off, I really don't know why as I LOVE it everytime I go.

I took advantage of Sunshine's Halloween Sale and got an afternoon seasons pass for $800. I have already gone up twice and the conditions this early in the season are excellent in my opinion. It wasn't that busy either time and plenty of open spaces on the hill.

I do think spending as much time as possible outdoors and keeping active and fit will be a big way to mentally get over Covid. Another bright side is that by the time you get home later on in the evening, you just want to have a nice meal and relax for a bit. For a night owl like me to want to go to bed fairly early, even better!

If anybody from CP ever wants to meet up or hit the slopes at Sunshine, hit me up, I am flexible time wise!
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:45 PM   #118
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everyone get their reservations in at Louise over the holidays?

I got mine in.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #119
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Everyone get their reservations in at Louise over the holidays?

I got mine in.
I booked one day cause I know we want to go that day.

Curious to see how it goes. 22nd and 23rd already full.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 08:22 PM   #120
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tomorrow & Wednesday don't surprise me much, considering it's nuking out.

I was there today, and lasted front/back/larch/back/front, & home. Just pandemonium, too many people.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote