Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Pick the best prospect from the following
Jake Boltman 2 1.17%
Daniil Chechelev 12 7.02%
Lucas Feuk 0 0%
Ryan Francis 0 0%
Pavel Karnaukhov 0 0%
Rory Kerins 0 0%
Johannes Kinnvall 96 56.14%
Justin Kirkland 0 0%
Demetrios Koumontzis 0 0%
Carl-Johan Lerby 0 0%
Mitchell Mattson 0 0%
Illya Nikolayev 3 1.75%
Josh Nodler 1 0.58%
Tyler Parsons 20 11.70%
Luke Philp 1 0.58%
Colton Poolman 1 0.58%
Martin Pospisil 1 0.58%
Rushan Rafikov 0 0%
Adam Ruzicka 26 15.20%
Illya Solovyov 0 0%
Filip Sveningsson 0 0%
Eetu Tuulola 2 1.17%
Alexander Yelesin 4 2.34%
Artyom Zagidulin 2 1.17%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2020, 05:57 PM   #21
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Parsons for me here too. I have him as the Flames' top goalie prospect still, thought Wolf has has closed substantial ground.

Yes, he has had issues since turning pro, but it was injury related, and that's why I am voting for him now and not earlier.

If you watched him in junior - especially in the playoffs - I think you wouldn't disagree much with picking him here, even if you don't quite agree either. I think he is a big game goalie. He is the antithesis to what we as Flames fans have seen too much of since Kipper hanged them up.

"Got a big playoff game, and the other team is faster, bigger, more physical, more skilled and play a vastly superior system? Yeah, I will take those odds with a money goalie in net - he makes up for quite a lot, and he is always on the ice."

That's how I feel about Parsons. I agree with Granteed - he could have the highest ceiling of any in the Flames organization.

When I saw Gillies win the memorial cup, I just saw a goalie that didn't outright lose it for Providence. I didn't see a goalie that stole a game, or made it ridiculously difficult for the other team. I have never been impressed by Gillies - always wished him well and hoped he would develop, but I didn't see a starter. Watch Parsons in the Memorial Cup, or the World Juniors, or even better - watch him in the playoffs the last year in Juniors. Kid was unreal. Just look at the shots on net discrepancy, and then you will get a sense of why I love this kid.

I hope injuries don't derail his career. You never know with goalies how they end up developing. However, like I have said a few times above already - this kid is a big game goalie that evens the odds and covers a lot of warts on the team in those big games.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #22
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Parsons. At this point in the draft, I'm taking the guys with the highest ceilings, since most of the remaining players won't ever be NHL regulars, and I believe that Parsons has the highest ceiling of the remaining prospects, with the potential to be a #1G. Kinnvall at this point probably has the best chance to make it among the remaining prospects, but he projects to be more of a third pairing D.
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote