Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #81
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Officially with Koodo. In & out within 10 minutes. Really easy. Thanks for everything, PM! Only thing pulling me away is the roaming packages.

Very happy to have a fairly priced plan that works in 100+ countries.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #82
jdso
Backup Goalie

Exp:

They backed down from the increase (for now).

https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ge/td-p/220067
jdso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdso For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #83
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Officially with Koodo. In & out within 10 minutes. Really easy. Thanks for everything, PM! Only thing pulling me away is the roaming packages.

Very happy to have a fairly priced plan that works in 100+ countries.
I don't know if I'd call $10 a day "fairly priced". That would've been nearly $300 last time I went to Europe. Instead I got a local SIM with unlimited minutes/texts and 10 GB of data throughout the EU and Switzerland for $25. Keeping my own number for a few weeks isn't worth that amount of money for me, not to mention I use way more data than normal when traveling like that so I would've run out of my plan's allotment pretty quickly.

And I'd take Public Mobile's US roaming any day over $7 a day from Koodo.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #84
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I don't know if I'd call $10 a day "fairly priced". That would've been nearly $300 last time I went to Europe. Instead I got a local SIM with unlimited minutes/texts and 10 GB of data throughout the EU and Switzerland for $25. Keeping my own number for a few weeks isn't worth that amount of money for me, not to mention I use way more data than normal when traveling like that so I would've run out of my plan's allotment pretty quickly.

And I'd take Public Mobile's US roaming any day over $7 a day from Koodo.
It's capped at $100. Still more than you paid I know but I do like the convenience of keeping my number. That's worth it for me, may not be that way for all. And calls back home, is that included in PM's package or the European SIM cards? Genuinely curious.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 02-17-2018 at 11:07 AM.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #85
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
It's capped at $100. Still more than you paid I know but I do like the convenience of keeping my number. That's worth it for me, may not be that way for all. And calls back home, is that included in PM's package or the European SIM cards? Genuinely curious.
Ahh, that makes it a bit better. Still, it's per billing cycle so if you're gone for a few weeks chances are you're straddling two cycles so it'd still be more than that.

As for calling Canada, PM's voice roaming in the US has unlimited North American minutes so you can call home as much as you want. For the European SIM, some have long distance some don't. I don't think mine did, but with how cheap data is I just used Hangouts Dialer to call North America. If you verify your phone number with the app it shows up as your number on others' call display so as far as they know you're calling from your normal SIM.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:40 AM   #86
GreenHardHat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

FYI... If you jumped on the Public Mobile to Koodo transfer plan at 4 or 5 GB, they have now upped it to 6 GB for $40 per month.

I just called Koodo to get them to change my 5 GB to 6GB. I called their customer service number (1-866-995-6636) and went through a few of the menus. When I finally got to talk to a person, I was initially told that I would be unable to change this. I had them check with a supervisor, and the supervisor said no problem.

It was about a 10 minute call all in for an extra gig of data.
GreenHardHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:01 AM   #87
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHardHat View Post
FYI... If you jumped on the Public Mobile to Koodo transfer plan at 4 or 5 GB, they have now upped it to 6 GB for $40 per month.

I just called Koodo to get them to change my 5 GB to 6GB. I called their customer service number (1-866-995-6636) and went through a few of the menus. When I finally got to talk to a person, I was initially told that I would be unable to change this. I had them check with a supervisor, and the supervisor said no problem.

It was about a 10 minute call all in for an extra gig of data.
I did that as well but I checked the email I got and it says it expires in September. Did you get anything like that?
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #88
GreenHardHat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I didn't get an email from Public Mobile. Did you get an email from Public Mobile or from Koodo after switching?

I got a text in mid February with the promo GOKOODO404GB. The text I received is above in post 79. People were quite unhappy with the price increase (Public Mobile reps said the rate would stay the same), so Public Mobile backed down on the increase and offered a better transfer plan.

From what I read on redflagdeals, the new promo is GOKOODO406GB. It is tied to your phone number and you had to be on the $120/3 months/12GB plan.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #89
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Oh sorry I meant email from Koodo. I got onto the $40 for 5 GB. I then called in asking to upgraded to the 6GB and the guy said no problem and added on an extra 1 GB. But the next day I got an email from Koodo stating 'change in plans' with additional 1 GB but it will end September 2018.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #90
GreenHardHat
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Ah. I just called to ask this morning. I ended up getting an email with the plan change summary right after. It didn't mention that there was an end time of September on mine.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #91
Raymond83
Draft Pick

I'm currently with Koodo and love both the service and price.

Since both Public Mobile and Koodo are on Telus network, I expect the coverage to be the same.

Although good in cities, I experienced some spotty coverage in rural areas.

As with any business, customer service over the phone can take lots of time, so either go to their booth in a shopping mall, or call from your Bluetooth earpiece during a long car ride, or while working out at the gym, so at least you're doing something else while on hold.
Raymond83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #92
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Koodo is at it again offering deals to Public Mobile customers, their latest offer is $40/month for 5GB (I think?). If anyone has a Public Mobile account that got this offer (and isn't planning to use it) please DM me!
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote