Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-16-2019, 08:03 AM   #2301
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Anybody make the move to iOS 13.3 yet? Is it any better?
My only remaining issue on the iPhone is that when I click an exchange mail notification it hangs the mail app for a few seconds. Beyond that I don’t really have any issues with my phone.

My iPad on the other hand is seeing some system hangs and slowdowns. I am probably going to do a reinstall just to make sure it’s not the upgrade.

I still have Bluetooth issues with my beats occasionally getting choppy on calls and require me to take them off then put them back on to reconnect. However this is an issue that has existed since the 11 came out.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:13 AM   #2302
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I gave it a try. I still have the same issue with email. It will notify me and even show how many unread I have. But to see the new messages I have to force it to reload them.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:18 AM   #2303
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Anybody make the move to iOS 13.3 yet? Is it any better?
I did it last night and I seem to have lost a few contacts. I have a bunch of "maybe:XXXXXXX" in my messages screen now.

Last edited by Mccree; 12-17-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 11:19 AM   #2304
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Flames Fan View Post
Order one yet? If I remember correctly you were Resolve based? We've (LA office) have one for testing but I doubt I will see one anytime soon. I do 16 machines to replace though as these cheesegraters are not going to last forever.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:00 AM   #2305
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Just to report back that iOS 13.3 did not fix my email issue. I still have it notify me and tell me how many unreads I have, but I still have to go in and force the download.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #2306
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

^
Is this an exchange account? Have you tried to delete the accounts and the mail app then start over? I don’t have this issue so I am assuming it is specific to your account or a setting in it. I did have a bunch of mail issues till I setup my phone from scratch and it’s been great since.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:04 AM   #2307
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Just to report back that iOS 13.3 did not fix my email issue. I still have it notify me and tell me how many unreads I have, but I still have to go in and force the download.
13.3 trashed my battery life by about 30% a day. Brutal
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #2308
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
^
Is this an exchange account? Have you tried to delete the accounts and the mail app then start over?

It is my Telus home email- so imap. I think I had tried that step right when I went to 13.0 but I suppose I could try again.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #2309
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
My iPad is seeing the same. Bad battery life and some stutters in apps.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #2310
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I honestly don't understand why everyone keeps going through this with Apple. Oh, this overpriced phone has been nerfed by an iOS update? The same thing they been doing for a decade? Well, better go buy another overpriced phone from them! Surely they won't do it again in 3 years! It's baffling.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #2311
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have put thoughts of switching to iphone on hold for awhile. It might make sense in the long run for family integration but I m not liking what I am hearing around the OS these days. I still loathe Apple even though 75% of the machines I use are from them. Or maybe that's why I loathe them.
Old 12-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #2312
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I honestly don't understand why everyone keeps going through this with Apple. Oh, this overpriced phone has been nerfed by an iOS update? The same thing they been doing for a decade? Well, better go buy another overpriced phone from them! Surely they won't do it again in 3 years! It's baffling.
The bottom line is no OS is perfect and as there is new features being added and a human element to those features being used an implemented there will always be people who are unhappy. I’m happy 99% of the time with my iPhone and was happy 20% of the time when I was using my Samsung for work. I am certain there is people who have had the opposite experience and that’s fine. This thread isn’t for android people to quickly forget about all the issues with their ecosystem.

Edit : and FYI many android flagship phones are near or above current iPhone pricing.

Last edited by Diemenz; 12-17-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 12:11 PM   #2313
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It is my Telus home email- so imap. I think I had tried that step right when I went to 13.0 but I suppose I could try again.
I don’t want to get your hopes up but I installed the 13.1.1 beta this morning and the only mail issue I had (2 second delay when clicking a exchange mail notification) has been fixed on this beta and Mail is loading considerably quicker. Ram management seems better so far but it’s still early.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #2314
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Because they respect my privacy. That's it.

I've always cringed owning Apple stuff because the fact I may be associated with the fanboys, but they are the only company selling consumer electronics that handle a ton of my personal data that I actually trust they have the right intentions.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2019, 01:13 PM   #2315
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fair enough. The security part is probably the only reasonable argument I can see for sticking with Apple.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:09 PM   #2316
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

New iPhone user and this text message glitch where all my messages are rearranged has me frustrated. I tried rebooting my phone and they're still way out of order. Not a great first impression.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:12 PM   #2317
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
I had that happen and I changed my email notifications from automatically push to every 15 mins. Now I find the battery life to be excellent. I'm at 85 percent when I get home from work after a couple hours use.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:43 PM   #2318
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't think either company respects your privacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ell-phone.html
Old 12-20-2019, 08:08 AM   #2319
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
I don't think either company respects your privacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ell-phone.html
What does that have to do with Apple? They don't sell your data or use it for marketing purposes.

They are also trying to actively make it harder for people to track you without you knowing (making every app now ask to use Bluetooth for example).

Google's whole business model is built on your data. Apple's is based on overpriced hardware.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #2320
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do wonder about Google's policy where they are pretty good about showing you exactly what they collect, how to delete it, how to turn tracking off, etc. Is that all just for show, and they still get all they need, or do they do that for legal reasons, and just decide that so few people actually use those features that they are OK letting them turn everything off, because 99.999% of people still let them track everything?