Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #821
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the South, St. Mary's is pretty awesome. There are 6 Pokestops close together and if you go early evening or weekend afternoons at least 2 or 3 will be lured at a time. Caught a Ryhorn, Ivysaur, Meowth, and there is definitely an Eevee nest as I caught enough to evolve a Vaporeon and got half way to a Flareon.

Took the kids and tethered their iPads to my phone and they had a blast. Tons of people out walking their dogs, or with strollers and kids. Met my daughters teacher out there and we had a good laugh. Just a fun atmosphere.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:43 AM   #822
InBurkeWeTrust
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anyone up for chipping away at the Bow gym? Lvl 8 with like 6 lvl 30+'s
InBurkeWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:06 AM   #823
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Why do some people always want a shortcut?

Rare Pokemons, should be . . . rare.

Where is the sense of accomplishment in using hacks and cheats?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #824
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Does anyone know what happened to the transfer button? I don't have one anymore.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:15 AM   #825
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the transfer button? I don't have one anymore.

It's in the same place, just hit the menu button in the bottom right.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:41 AM   #826
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
The 3 line button beside the cancel/exit button opens a list for transfer/favourite the pokemon.

No need to scroll to bottom anymore.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #827
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Why do some people always want a shortcut?

Rare Pokemons, should be . . . rare.

Where is the sense of accomplishment in using hacks and cheats?
Some people always want to cheat. For example, read these wonderful posts from people who used an aimbot script in Overwatch and were banned for it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZzSGi#YzlF7xr
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #828
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Some people always want to cheat. For example, read these wonderful posts from people who used an aimbot script in Overwatch and were banned for it.

Wow, that is funny. "I cheated, I am now banned.... lets sue blizzard".

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:00 AM   #829
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post

Hahahaha

"do you hav e a skype? how do i join anonymus"
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #830
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Does anyone notice the delay on animation with the new update. It seems whenever I feed a razzberry or catch a pokemon, there's a slight delay before anything happens.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:53 AM   #831
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
Does anyone notice the delay on animation with the new update. It seems whenever I feed a razzberry or catch a pokemon, there's a slight delay before anything happens.
I think that's intended. Essentially, they've separated the animations by about half a second. There's the "feed the pokemon a razzberry" animation, followed by the "pokemon likes the razzberry" animation.

I like the change. I used to sometimes miss seeing the little heart appear when I fed them a berry, because both animations happened at the same time, and then would wonder if the pokemon got the intended effect or not.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #832
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Niantic releases statement. Apparently the heat got to them and ended the silence

Quote:
Trainers,

As many of you know, we recently made some changes to Pokémon GO.

- We have removed the ‘3-step’ display in order to improve upon the underlying design. The original feature, although enjoyed by many, was also confusing and did not meet our underlying product goals. We will keep you posted as we strive to improve this feature.

- We have limited access by third-party services which were interfering with our ability to maintain quality of service for our users and to bring Pokémon GO to users around the world. The large number of users has made the roll-out of Pokémon GO around the world an... interesting… challenge. And we aren’t done yet! Yes, Brazil, we want to bring the game to you (and many other countries where it is not yet available).

We have read your posts and emails and we hear the frustration from folks in places where we haven’t launched yet, and from those of you who miss these features. We want you to know that we have been working crazy hours to keep the game running as we continue to launch globally. If you haven’t heard us Tweeting much it’s because we’ve been heads down working on the game. But we’ll do our best going forward to keep you posted on what’s going on.

Be safe, be nice to your fellow trainers, and keep on exploring.

The Pokémon GO team
http://kotaku.com/niantic-explains-p...ges-1784692551
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #833
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

The original nearby 3-step feature was confusing? What's so confusing about it? 3 steps means it is far and 0 means it is near. Yes, very confusing.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #834
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is interesting to watch the initial trailer for the game. Of course it's not a realistic depiction of the game, but shows distance as well as direction tracking throughout. So it would be reasonable to assume detailed tracking is always what Niantic intended for the app, but has not been able to deliver on, while tracking assistant apps/sites were.

Certainly does not show people blindly wandering around stumbling into Pidgey's anyway...
Old 08-02-2016, 01:03 PM   #835
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is there a Pokemon shortage or something? 30 minute walk downtown only resulted in one capture - seemed a little low. I was able to battle and win my first gym though! Lost it in about 10 minutes, but still felt good.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #836
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Is there a Pokemon shortage or something? 30 minute walk downtown only resulted in one capture - seemed a little low. I was able to battle and win my first gym though! Lost it in about 10 minutes, but still felt good.
Make sure you go to Shop once you own the gym, and grab your gold and dust (top right). You need to be holding the gym to claim it, and can once every 20 hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #837
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have just over 100km walked on my account and 82 in my pokedex.

I'm always interested to see how people cheat etc so I made a fake account and tried an android emulator and played on PC, you choose the location and play as normal just on the PC. You can walk around and setup is as easy as installing a program. This is still cheating but not terrible as I will tell you in my next example.

Then I find a bot that plays for you, just edit a config with credentials and run the program and the dos box pops up and you see text of what's happening. Its smart and hatches eggs, transfers pokemon based in IV level, waits to evolve until you have you bag 90% full with pokemon to evolve and uses a lucky egg. This thing runs at 63k XP per hour.

Why don't people put their powers to good use instead of making stuff like this? I fully expect and hope this extra account gets banned and anyone else that uses stuff like this for an advantage. And to top it off people are making a bunch of fake accounts and running them all at once this way. This will be the reason trades never get put into the game.
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2016, 02:57 PM   #838
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Usually I walk towards City Hall to grab lunch. With Pokemon Go, that walk has become much more entertaining. City Hall/Olympic Plaza has a good number of stops. Went out for 20-30 mins today, and managed to get an 800+ Seaking and my first Tentacool! Hooray!

Also we were at Eau Claire this weekend to check out the Turkish Festival and catch come Pokemon. Managed to catch me a Rhydon in the process. There was a decent Poke crowd around the Rhydon too.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:13 PM   #839
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Also we were at Eau Claire this weekend to check out the Turkish Festival and catch come Pokemon. Managed to catch me a Rhydon in the process. There was a decent Poke crowd around the Rhydon too.
\

^ Also why I wish they'd add more beyond the original 151... so bored of those ones, and a lot of them (like Rhydon) got cool evolutions.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #840
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

They will add more pokemon with updates. I think there is around 1000 total
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote