Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:
wranglers Quad City blanks Hamilton 2-0 in exciting AHL action

Keetley with the donut in a superb performance. Greentree, Peters the marksmen.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Kettley with 1 goal against in back to back games.

His save percentages from 6 games this season
Game 1- .862
Game 2- .958
Game 3- .929
Game 4- .960
Game 5- .964
Game 6- 1.000

Average of .944 so far. Wow.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #3
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i think keetley has looked amazing. conversely irving has put up some awful numbers. they are both playing behind the same depleted defense, so i think it really puts in perspective how far keetley still is ahead of irving.

i still think irving could use time in the E where he could be the number 1 guy and work on any part of his game that needs tweaking.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

The defense isn't depleted anymore. Palin, Pelech, and Eriksson all played.

Minor league attitude, major league pain
Drunk Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Kettley with 1 goal against in back to back games.

His save percentages from 6 games this season
Game 1- .862
Game 2- .958
Game 3- .929
Game 4- .960
Game 5- .964
Game 6- 1.000

Average of .944 so far. Wow.
Wow indeed, thats impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Skunk View Post
The defense isn't depleted anymore. Palin, Pelech, and Eriksson all played.
I'd call that depleted.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

I listened to the game online. Wilson absolutely rocked some poor feller. Ka-POW!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
I listened to the game online. Wilson absolutely rocked some poor feller. Ka-POW!
Wilson is rapidly becoming my favorite player. He has dropped some absolute monster checks so far this season, won both of his fights easily, and is offensively talented. From what I've seen, he should be the first defenseman callup. However, take into account that I haven't seen Pelech play much at all this season.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

I'd call that depleted.
Locke, we get it, you don't like Erikkson. Saying it every time his name comes up it starting to get annoying though.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Wilson is rapidly becoming my favorite player. He has dropped some absolute monster checks so far this season, won both of his fights easily, and is offensively talented. From what I've seen, he should be the first defenseman callup. However, take into account that I haven't seen Pelech play much at all this season.
Very interesting DS. For an undrafted guy, alot of people seem to like him.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wilson is my favorite player on the team. He has a MONSTER hit in every game. He is very physical will drop the gloves if needed and he has some of the best hands on the team. If he makes a mistake he is fast enough and has the heart to come back and play through it.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #11
Dynasty12
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
How is his skating? I remember reading on here quite a bit that his skating is something that is holding him back.
Dynasty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
Drunk Skunk
Obscure Jersey Wiz

Exp:

I would quality his skating as fair to decent. He's not the best skater out there, and has trouble keeping up from time to time, but from what I've seen, his skill more than makes up for it. I'm shocked that he went undrafted.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #13
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:
wranglers

Probably a good timeline for Wilson is two years in the AHL before he starts to crack a NHL lineup. More or less, the same as Giordano and Richie Regehr.

Skating doesn't improve overnight. Technique takes time to sort out as well as building leg muscles.

Maybe he'll surprise, but I think two seasons is a reasonable projection, and that's still a big "if."

Last edited by Reggie Dunlop; 10-26-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 PM   #14
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Very interesting DS. For an undrafted guy, alot of people seem to like him.
Well Sutter was real high on him this summer, called him a Giordano and had him pretty high on the depth chart. Wilson is supposed to be one of those late bloomers.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #15
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier View Post
Well Sutter was real high on him this summer, called him a Giordano and had him pretty high on the depth chart. Wilson is supposed to be one of those late bloomers.
Let's hope so. Sutter loves taking a chance on an undrafted blueliner. And with less draft rounds more and more of these players are going to appear.

Richie Regehr, Giordano, Brett Palin, Steve Marr, Brad Cole, and now Wilson.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #16
borr
Draft Pick

Default Undrafted D

As for our defence in the Quad City, Palin and Wilson are every bit as good as and probably more consistant than drafted players, Pardy and Pelech. It surprises me that they have not given Palin a shot, where as we all know Wilson will get his time eventually.
borr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #17
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
It will be interesting to see the team playing with all of these guys in real life this week...I watched all three games on NeuLion, and the Toronto game was the best of the three as far as being able to really see some action.

I found myself commenting in game threads about Wilson, and watching for him more and more. Love the kid! He hit a guy so hard in Toronto that the guy did a somersault when he hit the ice! Just bowled him over. Yesterday he was just everywhere, zipping around. I was listening to the Hamilton announcers yesterday for about a third of the last period....they were quite impressed with QC, saying they were definitely a tougher and harder hitting team (12-6 hits for QC in the second period alone) than the Bulldogs were.

In last week's bad game in Iowa, he was only a -1 and in Rochester came out with a +1. He's a plus 2 for the season....and seemed to be some of the glue holding that depleted d together before we got the boys back.
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #18
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last weeks Iowa Game he just destroyed a guy and then had to fight another right after it. I dont know if I recorded the hit but I have the fight on video. I have to upload em but its all good.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #19
SparkyOne
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty12 View Post
How is his skating? I remember reading on here quite a bit that his skating is something that is holding him back.
I think his skating has improved since the pre-season. He's obviously working on it. If he continues with this work ethic, his potential is pretty unlimited....
SparkyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #20
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Wilson is my favorite player on the team. He has a MONSTER hit in every game. He is very physical will drop the gloves if needed and he has some of the best hands on the team. If he makes a mistake he is fast enough and has the heart to come back and play through it.
Him and Dion on a line in years to come? They'll be laughing at the forwards while talking to each other! I can hear it now:

Phaneuf: Hey, you want this one, or should I have him?

Wilson: HAHAHAHA! You have him, I'll crush this poor b@stard if your guy passes.

Oh man, imagine forcing a double suicide-pass when other team enters our zone! Pass, you get nailed, deke you get nailed, dump n chase you get nailed. Drool....

So far, this is the oldest I've been.

Last edited by Traditional_Ale; 10-27-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote