Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #301
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

What are the odds of that spoiler cast being true.
That is a very underwelming cast.

I like Cochrane though
Phil is a nutcase but somewhat entertaining
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #302
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

From what I can tell searching the net and looking at a few websites that have been accurate in the past, that list is legit.

Interesting stats checking out the Survivor wikipedia page, the show peaked for viewers in season 2 and has been on a steady decrease since.. premiere going from 45 mill in season 2 to 11.37 in season 25..

Is the writing on the wall?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #303
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Writing on the wall?

I doubt it. It's not an expensive show to film given they aren't paying a cast millions an episode. In general, shows just don't get the ratings anymore that they did when there were 3 or 4 channels to watch.

I know Lisa obviously annoyed people but put me in the club as happy she got the 100k. I think having read some background info on her and her situation as she entered the game she deserved it. She was in what was basically an arranged marriage and a husband that was extremely controlling. She went right from divorce and being in an emotionally trying time into a game that can only serve to magnify emotions. When she said she grew during the game never before has that truly been the case. She deserved it.

Well that and the way she looked last night brought back facts of life fantasies....
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #304
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

One thing you have to remember is that networks aren't just looking at what a show produces, but also what the shows around them are producing.

Luckily Survivor is on a pretty dead night for American TV, but if that slot starts heating up I would look for the network to move survivor on its way down, and that would be its way out.

It also seems Probst is pretty happy with his new talk show, recently married and looking to start a family I can imagine that being away for over a month at a time, twice a year, might become less appealing. Survivor without Probst drops even further down in ratings.

All good things must come to an end, and even Survivor can't outlast ratings.

Just some things to think about.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #305
Guest1

Wow. Just looked at the contestants for the next season: Fans vs. Favourites.
It should be Fans vs Least favourites.
This may be the first season ever that I don't watch.
##### has to hit the fan the first episode to keep me watching... we'll see.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #306
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
One thing you have to remember is that networks aren't just looking at what a show produces, but also what the shows around them are producing.

Luckily Survivor is on a pretty dead night for American TV, but if that slot starts heating up I would look for the network to move survivor on its way down, and that would be its way out.

It also seems Probst is pretty happy with his new talk show, recently married and looking to start a family I can imagine that being away for over a month at a time, twice a year, might become less appealing. Survivor without Probst drops even further down in ratings.

All good things must come to an end, and even Survivor can't outlast ratings.

Just some things to think about.
still a top 20 show in main demo, I think it gets to at least season 30 then who knows
Old 03-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #307
Nasty
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Wow. Just looked at the contestants for the next season: Fans vs. Favourites.
It should be Fans vs Least favourites.
This may be the first season ever that I don't watch.
##### has to hit the fan the first episode to keep me watching... we'll see.
that might just have happened last episode

Tags
pool , survivor , survivor pool