Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-18-2020, 08:16 AM   #21
Geraldsh
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I have lined up at Costco and Home Depot, not a bad experience at all. The movement was slow but steady which felt like progress and fellow liners were eager to chat about anything and everything.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:59 PM   #22
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
If overall time to purchase is the same then it really doesn't matter if I'm in the store or out. I'm in a line either way. Costco for example, or even just now at a butcher shop. Overall time is the same, I'm just waiting in line at a different spot. Of course not all places will be like this but right now I'm not finding a big time difference in many places I have been too.
What a great way to look at it. Thanks.
stampsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:02 PM   #23
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I've never been able to stand in lines. Ever. I can't stand it. Doesn't matter what it is, it could be the best-reviewed restaurant of all time, if I go there and there's a line, I just think to myself "Well, guess I don't get to try that!" and keep on going.

I'll drive 20 minutes to go to another restuarant just to avoid a wait of 15 minutes.
This.

I hate lines and will go as far as not going into a store for months because they had a line one time.

I building my basement. Can’t imagine waiting in line at home depot every time i need something. Huge waste of time.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:53 AM   #24
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
I have lined up at Costco and Home Depot, not a bad experience at all. The movement was slow but steady which felt like progress and fellow liners were eager to chat about anything and everything.
I havenít lined up for costco, but the lines Iíve been in have been ok, because everyone stand far apart, every person going in makes the line move, so it feels like you are always moving.

Like others have said, a little line outside to avoid a more crowded store is somewhat worth it.

What did suck the other day was waiting in line at Rona only to find out that they didnít have what I needed, so having to go wait in another line at Lowes.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #25
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^^ lowes lines are short and quick. That’s if they even have a line. This weekend it took 15 minutes at lowes to wait in line, get what i needed and get out. Way better than home depot which is 25 minutes just to wait in line for the garden centre (just to use my final store credit). I’m convinced home depot has fomo lines. Not like it’s a better store. They have the same products as lowes.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #26
Calgary14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Does Home Depot still have the big recycling bins in their parking lot? Im sure not all have them but the Shawnessy location has them and its very handy for dealing with big cardboard boxes that wont fit in the blue bins
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:57 PM   #27
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
^^^ lowes lines are short and quick. Thatís if they even have a line. This weekend it took 15 minutes at lowes to wait in line, get what i needed and get out. Way better than home depot which is 25 minutes just to wait in line for the garden centre (just to use my final store credit). Iím convinced home depot has fomo lines. Not like itís a better store. They have the same products as lowes.

I needed soil, fertilizer and a few plants (herbs plus a couple of annual flowers). Drove by Lowes and Rona, decided against the line, and went to a Canadian Tire with a garden Center on the end of the store.

There was pretty big lineup to get in the store itself, but you could just walk in the garden Center. It was generally pretty picked over, but for that type of essential needs, it got the job done
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:08 PM   #28
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Does Home Depot still have the big recycling bins in their parking lot? Im sure not all have them but the Shawnessy location has them and its very handy for dealing with big cardboard boxes that wont fit in the blue bins
Not sure if they all do, but my local Tuscany location has them. Incidentally, the City is asking people to hold off on blue cart and community recycling if possible for the time being. They are still picking up as per schedule but might be landfilling some of the material if they get too much.

https://www.calgary.ca/UEP/WRS/Pages...Recycling.aspx
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 08:06 PM   #29
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I switch merchants on the basis of lines. Costco used to be my favorite place to shop, bar none. I'd bring the kids there just to spend the afternoon (who doesn't love hot dogs?) sometimes.

Now? Nada. I've found substitutes for most things I liked at Costco shopping via PC Express at Superstore. I get a few things here and there via costco.ca when it's a big coupon event. Dealing with the crush of humanity of Costco just isn't worth it either in dollars or the health risks. Costco is going to have to dial up their online game if they want to survive long term.

Besides, I probably save $100 a visit by not buying random weird and wonderful stuff that one tends to do when walking the aisles of Costco.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:25 AM   #30
Pliddy
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I laugh my ass off every time I drive by a Dollar Store with a line up, what ever crap you are buying will be broken in less time than you will spend lining up in their parking lot
Old 05-25-2020, 01:10 PM   #31
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Huge line-up for haircuts today at Northland Mall. A lot of shaggy dudes.
troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:48 PM   #32
Calgary14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

60 min wait to get into a bike store, 45 min wait to get into Home Depot - those are the only 2 I went to today before heading back home. Is this the new normal given the limits on headcount in stores or just a one-off?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #33
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Huge line-up for haircuts today at Northland Mall. A lot of shaggy dudes.
Do most people not make appointments for their haircuts??
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #34
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Went to Homesense today. Was about 10 minutes to get in and about 15 minutes in line for checkout.

Overall activity in the store was ok. Felt about as busy as normal, not overly packed but not noticeably limited either.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:16 PM   #35
sa226
First Line Centre

Exp:

Princess Auto was by far the worst lineup experience. It wasn't any longer than most of lines I've seen. In fact it was shorter. I guess when you consider the shopping experience in a Princess Auto it makes sense, nothing is easy to find and you wander around looking at random things that you kind of want but definitely don't need.

I had one thing I need/wanted, waited in line for almost an hour, wandered around looking for said item for a ridiculous amount of time, only to then go to customer service and ask for the item and be promptly told that its in stock in the warehouse. Please wait 15 more minutes and someone will bring it out. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:16 AM   #36
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
Princess Auto was by far the worst lineup experience. It wasn't any longer than most of lines I've seen. In fact it was shorter. I guess when you consider the shopping experience in a Princess Auto it makes sense, nothing is easy to find and you wander around looking at random things that you kind of want but definitely don't need.

I had one thing I need/wanted, waited in line for almost an hour, wandered around looking for said item for a ridiculous amount of time, only to then go to customer service and ask for the item and be promptly told that its in stock in the warehouse. Please wait 15 more minutes and someone will bring it out. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Well, in fairness, Princess Auto is a strange idea for a business. At the risk of being defending the aristocracy, I canít imagine many princesses buy auto parts and do their own work
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #37
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had to go there last week. There was only about a 5 person line, so that went quick. But they only had one person worknig the register! So there were about 15 people lined up. It seemed odd. The one thing preventing you moving people through the store is a till worker? Why?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #38
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Huge lineups yesterday and today at lululemon at Market Mall.

Why? Does not seem to be a sale on. Other shops are not lined up at all.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #39
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Everyone outgrew their yoga pants from being at home for two months?
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #40
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Lululemon shares hit an all-time high on strength of ‘work at home wear’

https://fortune.com/2020/05/21/lulul...2020-covid-19/

About time women worked at home, amirite fellas?
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post: