Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #1381
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have two kids in elementary school but at different schools. In the past two weeks we've received 5 notifications between the two schools that there are new case(s) of Covid. My kid's classrooms have not been involved and we haven't had the quarantine notifications come yet but I'm sure it is only a matter of time. That will really suck.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:53 AM   #1382
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I have two kids in elementary school but at different schools. In the past two weeks we've received 5 notifications between the two schools that there are new case(s) of Covid. My kid's classrooms have not been involved and we haven't had the quarantine notifications come yet but I'm sure it is only a matter of time. That will really suck.
It just doesn’t work with 100-200 kids per day getting Covid. The WHO recommends positive test rates of less than 5% before starting schools. We are beyond that point now.

Our school has been lucky with only 2 cases so far so relatively minor disruptions but given the case rate schools will be forced online shortly.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:55 AM   #1383
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is difficult to see some of the strategies as sound and cohesive. Manitoba, starting today bans all non essential purchases from in person shopping, I guess as a way to insure everyone is equally screwed (the local video game store which is forced closed and Walmart, which is open because groceries but previously could sell video games in person).
Schools remain open while public health order will bar anyone who does not live at the home from being in the home. So little johnny comes home from riding the bus and hanging all day with little Timmy, and will be in violation if little Timmy stops by to play Xbox.
I have no idea what the right answer is, but it likely isn't the above. Probably
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote