Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-25-2020, 02:05 PM   #21
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

my wife was saying how superstore on 130th is now taking reservations for pick up of on-line orders on April 1
Old 03-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #22
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
my wife was saying how superstore on 130th is now taking reservations for pick up of on-line orders on April 1
Meaning that's how long their backlog is for online orders, or they're now allowing people to place orders that far in advance?
Old 03-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #23
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Meaning that's how long their backlog is for online orders, or they're now allowing people to place orders that far in advance?
Means you can't book a pick up until the 1st
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:20 PM   #24
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you like quality, and are not overly price-sensitive, the Italian Market on Fairmont/Southland was well-stocked and pretty much empty at 10 am today.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:21 PM   #25
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If anyone has a lead on some powdered milk (skim preferably) that is either within an hours drive of Calgary or will ship I'd be very grateful! I went out yesterday for the first time in 8 days and for the first time in my life felt incredibly anxious. Milk is really the only item that will need regular stocking in our house and I'd love to have a supply of powdered so I can just stay home for a while.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:25 PM   #26
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
If anyone has a lead on some powdered milk (skim preferably) that is either within an hours drive of Calgary or will ship I'd be very grateful! I went out yesterday for the first time in 8 days and for the first time in my life felt incredibly anxious. Milk is really the only item that will need regular stocking in our house and I'd love to have a supply of powdered so I can just stay home for a while.
Just because you go through it quick? Fairlife tends to last longer then regular milk if you're worried about spoilage
Old 03-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #27
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Figure I'll post this here too. Calgary Co-op is increasing the pay for all frontline employees by $2.50/hr during the pandemic. Spoilered for size.

NSFW!

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #28
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Amazon ships some out of WInnipeg.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:34 PM   #29
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Just because you go through it quick? Fairlife tends to last longer then regular milk if you're worried about spoilage
Yeah pretty much. We all drink a fair bit of it and are stocked up pretty well on everything else. I'd imagine we could stay in the house for a couple of months and eat pretty well with everything in our deep freeze and two fridges. Lack of fresh produce would suck, but we have tins and frozen. Milk is the only item we would have to go out for and click and collect is already a week out on pickup times.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:38 PM   #30
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you that worried to go to the store every week?
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 02:49 PM   #31
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Try giving Amaranth or Community Natural a call they both normally carry it in bulk (I use it for baking).
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #32
Geraldsh
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

You can freeze milk, if you have enough room in your deep freeze.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #33
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpooge View Post
Try giving Amaranth or Community Natural a call they both normally carry it in bulk (I use it for baking).
What about Bulk Barn then?
Old 03-25-2020, 03:03 PM   #34
DoubleF
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
On Friday when I checked PC express, the earliest was the 24th for pickup (4 days). April 1st is 7 days now. While this is indeed kinda annoying, it is encouraging that people are taking this seriously to create this type of backlog.

Here's hoping that Loblaws and other stores like Walmart considers expanding the PC express/Click and Collect concept significantly somehow (ie: shutting down a store or two to field pure pick up orders).
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #35
Skaloper
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah pretty much. We all drink a fair bit of it and are stocked up pretty well on everything else. I'd imagine we could stay in the house for a couple of months and eat pretty well with everything in our deep freeze and two fridges. Lack of fresh produce would suck, but we have tins and frozen. Milk is the only item we would have to go out for and click and collect is already a week out on pickup times.
I've never done it but my mom has frozen milk in the Cartons. She says they haven't exploded but would advise caution if using plastic. Another option is to substitute almond milk in smoothies and baking.
Skaloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #36
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
it is encouraging that people are taking this seriously to create this type of backlog.
Or they're tired of seeing empty shelves and hoarders and just went online.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #37
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingHomer View Post
If any carnivores are hurting for a fix, TK Ranch has online ordering and home delivery. You may notice that the prices are much higher than traditional grocery stores but the quality is unsurpassed. They also have eggs.
Another one I'll throw out there is https://cultivatr.ca/

I haven't used them but was planning on it for a couple food projects I (had) on the go. They're pushing to get a lot of the local supply that would have been going into now-closed restaurants into peoples homes instead. Again, not cheap but they seem to have stock and supporting local right now is more important than ever if you have the means.

As far as frozen milk goes, I always take it out of the package and put it in mason jars. Leave the lid on loosely then tighten when frozen. I've split plastic bottles as well as nalgenes, even with the lid open. Cardboard bulges enough I wouldn't trust it when thawing out.

Last edited by DownhillGoat; 03-25-2020 at 03:58 PM.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownhillGoat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 04:06 PM   #38
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a strong desire to head to Bulk Barn to load up on some candy but I also feel like I probably shouldn't. Has anyone been lately? Do they still restock regularly? I received an email today about new store policies such as apparently the store employees now do all the scooping.

Should I try to go to Bulk Barn? Am I being selfish by wanting to get some candy?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:09 PM   #39
Scorch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
I have a strong desire to head to Bulk Barn to load up on some candy but I also feel like I probably shouldn't. Has anyone been lately? Do they still restock regularly? I received an email today about new store policies such as apparently the store employees now do all the scooping.

Should I try to go to Bulk Barn? Am I being selfish by wanting to get some candy?
There’s never a time where it’s wrong getting candy

Unless you’re a diabetic
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:11 PM   #40
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
There’s never a time where it’s wrong getting candy

Unless you’re a diabetic
Thank you. I am going out for candy and donuts.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post: