Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #41
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Every day I take the dog for a walk it's taking me twice as long because I'm talking to so many people.

Okay, I assume you're doing your best to stay more than 6 feet away from everyone, but I'll bet all the money in my pockets that this is a prevalent phenomenon, and that most people are not observing that rule.

Social distancing: it's apparently a really difficult concept. Why are people even staying home in the first place if this is what they're going to do?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:56 AM   #42
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
One of my favourite YouTube channels is getting a lot of attention these days and ESPN is going to show their races to fill in for cancelled sports.

https://frntofficesport.com/marble-racing-league-jelle/
Alright, I'm in - what team is CP cheering for collectively?
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:58 AM   #43
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

Okay, I assume you're doing your best to stay more than 6 feet away from everyone, but I'll bet all the money in my pockets that this is a prevalent phenomenon, and that most people are not observing that rule.

Social distancing: it's apparently a really difficult concept. Why are people even staying home in the first place if this is what they're going to do?
I'm literally talking to people across a street. Clearly I'm keeping a healthy 10-20 foot distance. Relax.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:01 AM   #44
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

Good news, positive thread thread only. It would be sweet to keep it that way!
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #45
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

After days of the news sounding worse and worse, I'm, feeling a lot more positive today. Here are all my reasons:

Picked up breakfast takeout for my son and I (Kolaches which were delicious)

Listening to car radio heard an interview with a pair of doctors who were optimistic about some of the Covid-19 treatments that are available out there and showing some success
Another expert was optimistic that we will start to see effects of social distancing and other measures in place, which could keep our infected totals from the huge numbers that have been talked about. Suggesting that US infected numbers could stay below 150,000 if we are rigorous

And its Friday. Working from home every day. Kids doing online schooling. The weekend is coming up and we will be watching movies, playing board games and hopefully finding an empty field for a little batting practice and throwing/catching.

Things are going to get better.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #46
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m looking forward to talking about this virus in the past tense, such as, “Hey, how are you doing? I haven’t seen you since the lock down. We should get together now that we can again.”
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:12 AM   #47
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Things are slowly returning to 'normal' in China
Quote:
Coffee-bar icon Starbucks said that 90% of its stores in China are now open
Starbucks in January closed more than half its China stores in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...uyback-boosted
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:14 AM   #48
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Normally, our neighborhood is very quiet and people don't really interact with each other that much, so when I take the dog for a walk I only encounter other dog walkers. It makes our neighborhood feel a little cold and isolating. With everyone at home and little to do, most people are out at some point walking around the neighborhood. We all stop and chat (across the street obviously) and get to know each other a little more. It makes our neighborhood feel like a real community rather than a bunch of random people living close to each other. Every day I take the dog for a walk it's taking me twice as long because I'm talking to so many people.

This does happen somewhat during hurricanes, but not to this level. People have nothing left to do but stop and talk to each other. It's really nice actually.
I live in a somewhat urban neighborhood and have noticed a ton more people out and about. Walking the dog, running. I assume its because most offices are closed, gyms are closed etc.

I'm not finding people are talking all that much beyond waving and smiling but it's nice to see other humans.

Although I usually go for a run most days and will bring my dog with me on shorter ones, he gets a little more distracted with so many other dogs around so it's actually a little harder.

But the dog sure is happy having people round 24/7!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 AM   #49
CrunchBite
Backup Goalie

Exp:

My Wifes work decided to have them try working from home instead of just putting them on temporary layoff. So we're grateful for at least a little longer of full employment.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CrunchBite For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:48 AM   #50
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

'COVID19 Positive' is typically Negative news.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:18 AM   #51
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just for some positive news during this time. I work for X bank and yesterday I had the pleasure of being able to surprise a customer with a $45,000 cheque for a contest. We did it over video call while she sat with her mom and she was vibrating. This 22 year old who constantly volunteers around the world just won money that will now pay for her to get training for her dream job. It couldn't have happened to a nicer family and just a genuine person. Gave me a permanent smile all year
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #52
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve been impressed with the CCSD response for online teaching. We have google classrooms running for both kids and communication from teachers for plans for next week. Textbooks and other materials were arranged to be picked up.

We will see how the logistics work next week but in 5 days they appear ready to go for distance learning. An excellent job by everyone involved so far.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #53
bagofpucks
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Had to go grab a monitor for working from home and the local Staples was sold out of a fair amount of models. However, they had a behemoth 32 inch model on sale that fits within the budget I was given. So, yah, my home office set up is pretty awesome right now!
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bagofpucks For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 05:44 PM   #54
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hearing of families love for one another being reborn is pretty cool.
I took for granted for a long long time that money was more valuable than my time....couldnt have been more wrong.
Went for walks together , snowball fights , board games , long talks about random stuff, watched a movie at home snuggling with my 13 year old 😮 ....the kid who I felt I was chopped liver too.
It's been great.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #55
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Sun is setting later and later in the evening. Can actually go for some nice evening walks.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:19 PM   #56
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spring is here and I’m about to put a couple of t-bones on the BBQ. Little victories.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBR For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #57
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Match Game marathon every day this week. We’ve been watching with the kids. Alec Baldwin cracks us up.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:13 PM   #58
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

today my wife and i tackled our pantry - it looks sooooo good now! we did get a pretty good laugh when she was going thru the cold medicine and found a pack of sudafed that has a best before date of...... 2002! bahahahaha!! the best part is we moved into our current house in 2005, so i guess we brought expired sudafed with us! ha!

and i want to give a HUGE shout out to the superstore in kelowna. they got some more ventolin in today and are able to fill our daughter's prescription (she and my wife both are severe asthmatics). the kicker is getting the inhalers - i don't have a problem going, but i don't really want to go into superstore with being around so many people and having the chance of unknowingly bringing the bug home - so i was hoping i we could arrange something around the online grocery pickup spot. the lady on the phone said they could do even better than that - they are delivering prescriptions to people's homes (at no charge) so we don't have to go out - that's just awesome!
Old 03-21-2020, 02:45 AM   #59
Scorch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Take a deep breath

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2020, 07:56 AM   #60
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote: