Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-22-2020, 01:44 PM   #1561
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
If a business requires you to wear a mask and you refuse they have every right to boot your ass, no question. Doesn't matter if it's Costco or the local haberdashery
The dumb ass asks if masks work why people are still getting sick.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #1562
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1330293215178665985

https://jalopnik.com/millions-of-ame...vel-1845738089

Prepare to see a big bump in US cases in a couple weeks.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:55 AM   #1563
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
I stopped into KMS tools yesterday to grab something for a project and was shocked to see none of the 3 cashiers wearing masks when I walked in. There was a 3x3 piece of plexiglass in front of each one, but that was it. Just plain stupid. I was also in B&E Electronics earlier in the week and 3 customers in there with no masks on. WTF people.
I went to an industrial supplier warehouse to pick up some parts last week and the three guys in the office area weren't wearing masks. I'm not one of those people that judges a single individual for not wearing a mask but when you see an office not wearing them you have to wonder about management.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #1564
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Absolutely. We've had masks in all shared spaces since pretty much the beginning. Even if you think it doesn't do anything, it still makes sense from a liability perspective. If you don't have your employees in masks at this point you're just a bad manager.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:53 AM   #1565
Minnie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

We have a local Karen that got more than she bargained for, over the weekend. She's a fervent anti-masker and both she and her husband tested positive for COVID. Someone did the math, based on the date of the screenshot she posted of her positive COVID test notification,and tomorrow would be their "safe" day to come out of quarantine. However, she decided to go shopping at the Rockyview Costco (Balzac), refused to wear a mask, kicked up a stink and got booted out. In her infinite wisdom, she decided to publicly post about it. This, after also publicly posting about her positive COVID test and that her husband was also positive. She was seen later that evening at both the Walmart & Superstore here and she is catching a ration of poo, well deserved, IMO. People have reported her left, right and centre to everybody they can think of, including social services, apparently.

She was refusing to quarantine, but she's become so infamous, I think she might be scared to leave the house now, because the villagers would run her out of the city with pitchforks and flaming torches - which I have zero issue with, LOL. She's already well known in the city beyond the whole COVID thing, which takes some doing, and none of it is good. She changed her social media name a couple of times, deactivated most of it, because she was getting bombarded. She has been threatening to sue everyone that says anything, for defamation, which makes me laugh because she put the info out there, and people talking about the fact that you're not quarantining is not defamation, it's just the truth. Been interesting to watch it play out. I wasn't at all surprised to find out that it was her, because it's exactly who she is.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #1566
socktape
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

There must be a way they can charge someone like this lady. Public endangerment etc. Unfortunately they may need to make some examples of people.
socktape is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to socktape For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #1567
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Two AHS workers are now in isolation because a visitor to the Rockyview Hospital decided to lie about their positive Covid-19 test status. There should be charges for something like this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ital-1.5811414
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 11:16 AM   #1568
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Two AHS workers are now in isolation because a visitor to the Rockyview Hospital decided to lie about their positive Covid-19 test status. There should be charges for something like this.

I was just in rockyview and someone on my unit who was a long term patient also contracted Covid and tested positive. No one on the unite (nurses/other patients) tested positive so they believe it was a family member that visited with covid and gave it to them. Just crazy.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #1569
Hot_Flatus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
The dumb ass asks if masks work why people are still getting sick.
Because masks are not a bulletproof solution and only help to reduce transmission. People are also still permitted by our UCP overlords to gather privately in groups up to 15, which is likely where everything is spreading right now.

If these useless restrictions that were put into Alberta 10 days ago have taught us anything, it's that the spread certainly wasn't coming from team sport, fitness classes, lessons etc....who would have thought?
Old 11-23-2020, 11:56 AM   #1570
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Because masks are not a bulletproof solution and only help to reduce transmission. People are also still permitted by our UCP overlords to gather privately in groups up to 15, which is likely where everything is spreading right now.

If these useless restrictions that were put into Alberta 10 days ago have taught us anything, it's that the spread certainly wasn't coming from team sport, fitness classes, lessons etc....who would have thought?
I agree and never said that masks are the only solution. I was only speaking to the conclusion that masks are mandatory in most places and cases are rising so obviously masks donít work.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:56 AM   #1571
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post

If you test positive and lie about it you should be given a massive fine or criminal charges.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 12:06 PM   #1572
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
We have a local Karen that got more than she bargained for, over the weekend. She's a fervent anti-masker and both she and her husband tested positive for COVID. Someone did the math, based on the date of the screenshot she posted of her positive COVID test notification,and tomorrow would be their "safe" day to come out of quarantine. However, she decided to go shopping at the Rockyview Costco (Balzac), refused to wear a mask, kicked up a stink and got booted out. In her infinite wisdom, she decided to publicly post about it. This, after also publicly posting about her positive COVID test and that her husband was also positive. She was seen later that evening at both the Walmart & Superstore here and she is catching a ration of poo, well deserved, IMO. People have reported her left, right and centre to everybody they can think of, including social services, apparently.

She was refusing to quarantine, but she's become so infamous, I think she might be scared to leave the house now, because the villagers would run her out of the city with pitchforks and flaming torches - which I have zero issue with, LOL. She's already well known in the city beyond the whole COVID thing, which takes some doing, and none of it is good. She changed her social media name a couple of times, deactivated most of it, because she was getting bombarded. She has been threatening to sue everyone that says anything, for defamation, which makes me laugh because she put the info out there, and people talking about the fact that you're not quarantining is not defamation, it's just the truth. Been interesting to watch it play out. I wasn't at all surprised to find out that it was her, because it's exactly who she is.
Ah yes. I remember that law class.

As I recall, it cant be defamation if its true. So maybe plastering the interwebs with copious amounts of evidence is an unwise legal strategy?
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #1573
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
If you test positive and lie about it you should be given a massive fine or criminal charges.
ya, I 100% agree, especially when they are out in public and are putting others in danger. Oh man, I can't even, those people need to be made an example of. Heavily fine them and give them community service doing something unpleasant and live stream it for everyone to watch.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:49 PM   #1574
Leondros
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Wow - I was in that airport on Friday and it was nothing like that. Makes me concerned on our return. We have face shields, masks and goggles which we will utilizing.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #1575
Boreal
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I donít really know where to put this. Covid morons, Edmonton is no good, Covid all purpose.

This toxic egotistical moron decided to hump his opinion on a public community health forum in Edmonton last week.

He touts his credentials like heís actually practicing pathology and not running a health business/ambulance chaser.

https://www.reddit.com/r/alberta/comments/jwil8y/dr_roger_hodkinson_this_is_the_biggest_hoax_ever/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

Quote:
Is a Doctor that doesn't practice in a clinical setting... check.

Doesn't work in public health... check.

Owns and operates a business that makes money of alternative therapies... check.

This guy definitely has my best interest!
Quote:
He's a menace and as a pathologist, he should know better.

From his Western Medical Assessments profile though he " keeps in touch with pathology as the Executive Chairman of Bio-ID Diagnostic Inc., a private company commercializing patented technologies in DNA diagnostics. "....which means he doesn't do any of that work these days, but owns a business.

Last edited by Boreal; 11-23-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2020, 10:11 PM   #1576
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Morons of the Pandemic

Prem is such an idiot. Her whole thread is like an encouragement for morons to pull stunts like walking into hospital emergency waiting rooms.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1330212728435306499
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #1577
pseudoreality
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not sure if this has been posted or not:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...king-1.5815220

CBC is reporting an anti-masker freaked out at a coffee shop and spat on an employee who later had a heart attack. I don't understand why people feel so entitled to spread germs.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:41 PM   #1578
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
Not sure if this has been posted or not:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...king-1.5815220

CBC is reporting an anti-masker freaked out at a coffee shop and spat on an employee who later had a heart attack. I don't understand why people feel so entitled to spread germs.

That should be murder. Or at least manslaughter.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:49 PM   #1579
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
That should be murder. Or at least manslaughter.
The victim didn't die.

But, the suspect has been charged with assault, so that seems significant.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2020, 07:56 PM   #1580
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
The victim didn't die.

But, the suspect has been charged with assault, so that seems significant.

And the fact that if this is a person with a heart they will eventually be forced to remove themselves from the division of absurd anti Covid opinions and actions and understand that they caused the suffering and near death of another human being. It will come for them if they're a decent person, for sure.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote