Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #121
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I look back at my time playing vanilla fondly. I wasted no time because it was something I enjoyed.

and unlike something like Ocarina of Time or whatever your favorite video game might be, you can't just hook up your N64 to experience it again.
Two words:

Private server

https://valkyrie-wow.org

I played for a few weeks before finally getting Legion a couple weeks ago. Got to level 29. It's definitely as ruthless as I remembered it
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #122
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctajones428 View Post
Two words:

Private server

https://valkyrie-wow.org

I played for a few weeks before finally getting Legion a couple weeks ago. Got to level 29. It's definitely as ruthless as I remembered it
Earlier today they snap shotted peoples toons and no more progress will be recorded as they are going to be injecting the nostalrius code into the server. 1 maybe 2 weeks. Should be good.

https://valkyrie-wow.org/legacy-continues
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #123
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElysiumProj..._order_stress/

Nostalrius is back plus fresh servers.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #124
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I've been playing around on the Kronos2 vanilla server. Seamless so far and a decent amount of people playing at any given time.
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:25 PM   #125
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't know if I can go back to Vanilla. It was fun and I feel nostalgic about it but I really like the changes in Legion.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #126
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just hit 833 gear score on my mage. Slowly starting to run out of stuff to do in Heroics so I think it's time to jump to mythic/raids. So hard to schedule 2 nights of raiding during the week though.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #127
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
Just hit 833 gear score on my mage. Slowly starting to run out of stuff to do in Heroics so I think it's time to jump to mythic/raids. So hard to schedule 2 nights of raiding during the week though.
If you're willing to stomach LFR, it's an okay way to get gear. Not my favorite thing though. I'd much rather run mythics.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:54 AM   #128
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
If you're willing to stomach LFR, it's an okay way to get gear. Not my favorite thing though. I'd much rather run mythics.
Yeah LFR can be painful. I'm on Sargeras with my worgen mage so there are a lot of good guilds to run raids. I'm in "Currently Online" so running mythics is no issue and we've gotten to 11. Raid times are challenging though so I might need to move to a guild that raids late friday/saturday.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #129
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have not gotten into this X-Pac at all. I played Draenor like crazy and then totally lost interest.

Might spend some time this weekend...
Old 11-26-2016, 10:10 AM   #130
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
I have not gotten into this X-Pac at all. I played Draenor like crazy and then totally lost interest.

Might spend some time this weekend...
It was the opposite for me so far. As soon as I hit max level in Draenor, I was very uninterested in whatever was left. Loved the leveling experience though.

In Legion it was the opposite. While I couldn't be bothered to level another character right now, the max level content is excellent and I haven't gotten bored of it yet. Maybe it's because I like Adventure mode in Diablo 3, but they did a good job of doing something similar with World Quests. Suramar is an excellent zone as well that really does things differently than your typical WoW zone, which I appreciate.

Either way, I feel at this point in WoW's life, people are going to have short attention spans with new expansions. It's impressive that it's still running strong today, really!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2017, 08:26 PM   #131
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fresh Nostalrius server (Elysium) launches this Saturday if anyone is interested in joining.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #132
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

5 Legendaries. Can only equip 2. Come on man.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:27 AM   #133
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Damn. I haven't even had 1 legendary drop yet.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:46 AM   #134
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

It's basically a function of time spent playing it seems. So if you have 5...
Old 01-26-2017, 01:00 PM   #135
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's basically a function of time spent playing it seems. So if you have 5...

(Oh, I know. I know.)
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #136
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I was avoiding opening my emissary cache on my Death Knight the day before Nighthold opened so that any legendary would be 940. I open some random world chest.. bang, first legendary. Now I have to collect those essences to upgrade it.

We started playing after a nearly 2 year break (quite after the first patch in WOD I think), and I find Legion way more interesting and engaging. The world quest system is pretty great improvement on the "dailies" that they used to use. I was unsure about the artifacts, but they are pretty fun too. Also loved the Suramar Insurrection quest lines, very fun to play through.

Uh... Lance Uppercut.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:13 PM   #137
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Yeah, Legion has kept my attention better than any expansion since Wrath of the Lich King. It's good that there's so many paths to gearing up now. You don't have to be hardcore to have a decent set of gear on your character.

The flip side to this is that the "inflation" of gear means everyone demolishes Heroic dungeons and Mythic dungeons aren't scary at all. So now Blizzard is increasing the health and damage of enemies in dungeons in the next patch, but at least also increasing the item level of gear drops at the same time.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #138
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

The Tomb of Sargeras, which is likely the final raid tier of Legion, is opening today. I'll admit I'm not totally keen on the concept as it is more green fel tinted demonic everything. Nighthold was a decent change of pace as Suramar is a very nice looking area, but now we're back into Burning Legion nonsense.

I'd say that overall Legion has been a decent expansion, as it totally catered to casual players and allowed them to gear up enough to jump into any post game content they wanted. Hardcore players have complained bitterly of the artifact power grind as the race at the top level requires fairly ridiculous time investments to keep up. I haven't stayed subscribed through an entire expansion of content since Wrath of the Lich King so I'm impressed.

That being said, I haven't been logging in much lately except to raid. I've been trying out Final Fantasy XIV since they have a free trial up to Level 30. It's been a nice change of pace. Definitely some similarities to WoW but plenty of differences to make it fresh.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #139
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
The Tomb of Sargeras, which is likely the final raid tier of Legion, is opening today. I'll admit I'm not totally keen on the concept as it is more green fel tinted demonic everything. Nighthold was a decent change of pace as Suramar is a very nice looking area, but now we're back into Burning Legion nonsense.

I'd say that overall Legion has been a decent expansion, as it totally catered to casual players and allowed them to gear up enough to jump into any post game content they wanted. Hardcore players have complained bitterly of the artifact power grind as the race at the top level requires fairly ridiculous time investments to keep up. I haven't stayed subscribed through an entire expansion of content since Wrath of the Lich King so I'm impressed.

That being said, I haven't been logging in much lately except to raid. I've been trying out Final Fantasy XIV since they have a free trial up to Level 30. It's been a nice change of pace. Definitely some similarities to WoW but plenty of differences to make it fresh.
I quit because of the legendary grind. I'm so much happier for it.

They are doing an excellent job of keeping people subbed though, even if it's the most ridiculous reasons like time gating a mount behind 12 weeks of missions.

Seems like 7.2.5 just continues to add various pieces to the grind, which is great for some players, but just awful for others.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #140
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
I quit because of the legendary grind. I'm so much happier for it.

They are doing an excellent job of keeping people subbed though, even if it's the most ridiculous reasons like time gating a mount behind 12 weeks of missions.

Seems like 7.2.5 just continues to add various pieces to the grind, which is great for some players, but just awful for others.
I stopped caring about legendaries a long time ago when I realized there was no point in trying to grind out "my" legendary I wanted. I just don't care about min/maxing enough to bother. It great improved my outlook on the game!

I already forgot the class mount thing, haha. Whoops. My focus has solely been on raiding (and doing the weekly when it has to do with dungeons) for a while.