Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #81
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wasn't even that fast compared to some. Took me around 13-14 hours in total. Some people in my guild had their alts to level 107 when I hit 110 on my main.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:19 AM   #82
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Your guild is insane, haha. I'm honestly surprised how slow I'm leveling so far. I've been getting distracted with all sorts of side events and the class order hall quest line is really cool too.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #83
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Your guild is insane, haha. I'm honestly surprised how slow I'm leveling so far. I've been getting distracted with all sorts of side events and the class order hall quest line is really cool too.
I'm with you. There is so much to explore and do. Still don't have any champions in my class hall so haven't used the new app much yet.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #84
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not much to do in the app even with full champions. Its going to allow you to squeeze in a few missions during the day. If they could incorporate this into the Armory app (which doesn't support legion) its would be amazing.

Love the world quests, snuck one in before work and left with an 850 belt. At ilevel 830 now.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #85
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The armory app is just really great for setting up auctions when away. Easier than trying to use the in game auction house.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #86
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Finished up all the Legion leveling zones last night. The best zone story wise was Val'sharah, and the worst was Azsuna. That's three times they've tried and failed to do something with Queen Azshara and it fell flat. On the flip side, I didn't expect to get hit by the feels train at the end of Val'sharah at all! I was totally floored and just kinda idled there after the last cinematic. I also have to give a lot of credit to Highmountain for being a great zone to explore.

The Class Order Hall story and Suramar has been great so far as well. It really feels like a great build up to something grand.

I'm still only scratching the surface of max level content, however. Will I get more out of this than Draenor? We'll have to see.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #87
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Finished up all the Legion leveling zones last night. The best zone story wise was Val'sharah, and the worst was Azsuna. That's three times they've tried and failed to do something with Queen Azshara and it fell flat. On the flip side, I didn't expect to get hit by the feels train at the end of Val'sharah at all! I was totally floored and just kinda idled there after the last cinematic. I also have to give a lot of credit to Highmountain for being a great zone to explore.

The Class Order Hall story and Suramar has been great so far as well. It really feels like a great build up to something grand.

I'm still only scratching the surface of max level content, however. Will I get more out of this than Draenor? We'll have to see.
The story telling has improved a lot in this expansion. I'm level 105 and have slowly been exploring everything and taking my time this expansion. BC and WoTLK I hurried to max to run dungeons and raids but this time I don't see the point. In between levelling I've been going back and soloing old 25 man content for mounts which has been good to make some extra gold and level my professions. Enchanting seems to take forever to level but it seems like the enchantments are worth while and not that hard to aquire the mats for.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #88
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Professions in general are a huge grind this time around. In Draenor they were definitely an afterthought for players as you had a readily available source of cheap materials for any crafting you needed to do. I was crafting epic gear for myself shortly after hitting Level 100. This time it's gonna be a long slog to get there, or a very expensive shortcut. I've made quite a bit of money just selling ore rather than prospecting for gems, for example.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #89
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Professions in general are a huge grind this time around. In Draenor they were definitely an afterthought for players as you had a readily available source of cheap materials for any crafting you needed to do. I was crafting epic gear for myself shortly after hitting Level 100. This time it's gonna be a long slog to get there, or a very expensive shortcut. I've made quite a bit of money just selling ore rather than prospecting for gems, for example.
Yeah I levelled a druid to 65 with the legion invasions and just went herb/mining and he is making a killing.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:00 AM   #90
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think I've logged more than three times since the expansion was released.

Maybe will find more time now that golf is done.
DoubleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:28 AM   #91
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I have been playing since open beta and I have never made an Alliance toon. I feel like I'm missing out on a bunch the game has to offer and can't help but think what would have been different if I choose Alliance instead of Horde in the beginning.

Leveling a Human Mage now but I feel I will miss the story anyway since its so fast to level and dungeon grinding is most efficient. Also got my first Legendary last week on my Pally, a nice Ring from my Mythic +6 cache
Old 10-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #92
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sad. I'm only a day away from my order hall trait that lets me equip 2 legendaries at the same time and I don't even have my first one yet.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #93
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
I'm sad. I'm only a day away from my order hall trait that lets me equip 2 legendaries at the same time and I don't even have my first one yet.
This will add fuel to the conspiracy theorists out there. Only 2 legendaries have dropped in our guild one for my brother (Shamross) and one for me (Dangeross).

Everyone in the guild is now renaming their toons . . . lol
Old 10-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #94
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

lol too funny.

I'm a half bar from 110 and have been running through the dungeon quests for enchanting and tailoring. It's nice to have the scavenger enchant to pick up extra silk but it sucks some of the new enchanting recipies have to be bought with arkana. Some cool toys to make now though and they sell pretty well. Even the ring enchantments have been selling for aroung 400g on the AH.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:26 PM   #95
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
So I have been playing since open beta and I have never made an Alliance toon. I feel like I'm missing out on a bunch the game has to offer and can't help but think what would have been different if I choose Alliance instead of Horde in the beginning.

Leveling a Human Mage now but I feel I will miss the story anyway since its so fast to level and dungeon grinding is most efficient. Also got my first Legendary last week on my Pally, a nice Ring from my Mythic +6 cache
Honestly, this is why I have always run two "mains"...one Alliance and one Horde. I'm a big fan of the storylines and like to see what the other side gets.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2016, 08:25 AM   #96
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I got a legendary wrist on the first World Quest chest I opened. Been getting asked about it ever since, so yeah, it's very random.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #97
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Got into Karazhan Mythic last night. It really does feel like a 5 man raid. You really have to be on your toes, and the bosses so far appear to be pretty significantly changed. Granted, we only had time to run Opera and Maiden, so it's a small sample size. Maiden is a healer gear check, as everyone will be taking a ton of damage the entire fight. Positioning is just as important as it was in the 10 man version.

On a side note, I'm done using Looking For Group to run Mythics. Many people continually ask for insane gear levels for no good reason, and are complete asses to anyone who doesn't play perfectly. Average item level is a garbage metric to get into a group, as someone can be 20-30 item levels lower but have better stat composition on their gear and play their class better than someone who facerolled to 860 gear. I'll gladly have slower progression if it means only playing with those I know.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #98
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
I picked up a legendary ring from a world quest cache. With a socket so I can stuff a saber gem into it and never worry about having to needing a new one for upgraded gear.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #99
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
I picked up a legendary ring from a world quest cache. With a socket so I can stuff a saber gem into it and never worry about having to needing a new one for upgraded gear.
I ended up getting my first one around a week or so ago. Anger of the Half Giants. Luckily it was one of the better ones for DHs, gave me around a 15% dps increase.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #100
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
On a side note, I'm done using Looking For Group to run Mythics. Many people continually ask for insane gear levels for no good reason, and are complete asses to anyone who doesn't play perfectly.
This is a problem I'm facing. I don't do Mythics, and I'm sure not interested in Mythic+ stuff...and it looks like they are trying to force a lot of people into Mythics. I was really excited about "Going Back to Karazhan"...until it was announced to be a Mythic only. Now it's not likely I'll ever see it, unless I really outlevel/gear it solo some years down the road.

I'm also not impressed with the "80 Soul Prisms" quest. Couple of big mis-steps in this content patch, imo. Guess we'll see where it goes.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote