Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2019, 07:54 AM   #1821
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post

Barb Wire
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ped For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #1822
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
2nd ever female led superhero movie

Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #1823
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Tank Girl says hi! Although just as bad.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 08:39 AM   #1824
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Tank Girl is enjoyable for it's cheesiness. Barb Wire is just bad.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #1825
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Tank Girl says hi! Although just as bad.
O Hi Tank Girl!

Actually I really flubbed it up, first was Sheena, then Supergirl, then Tank Girl and then Barb Wire.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #1826
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The Spider-man rumour mill is churning.

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-d...ovies-avengers

New Spider-Man Deal possibly underway with Disney, Marvel and Sony

According to the new deal Disney wants:
  • A 6-picture deal with Tom Holland, with an option for a 7th.
  • There are three more Spider-Man films after Spider-Man 3, which will be a new trilogy.
  • The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker's college years including plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice Man of the X-Men (based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon).
  • The other three movies are two Avengers films in which Spider-Man will have a larger role and become friends with Johnny Storm (Human Torch from the Fantastic Four).
  • Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance all Spider-Man related movies for 30% of the full profits (Disney previously wanted 50%, but Sony said no, which led to the talks falling apart).
  • Sony would distribute, but Disney will acquire exclusive digital and online rights for Disney Plus and affiliated TV networks.
  • Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance SpiderVerse live-action spinoffs under the same terms.
  • Venom will relocate into the MCU.
  • Sony will be given permission for TV live-action programs based on SpiderVerse properties (Sony only has film rights to Spider-Man, but needs permission from Disney for TV rights)
  • Disney wants the deal to be done before Saturday's Marvel panel at D23 Expo.
  • Spider-Man is also said to be a part of a D23 Expo panel.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #1827
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
The Spider-man rumour mill is churning.

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-d...ovies-avengers

New Spider-Man Deal possibly underway with Disney, Marvel and Sony

According to the new deal Disney wants:
  • A 6-picture deal with Tom Holland, with an option for a 7th.
  • There are three more Spider-Man films after Spider-Man 3, which will be a new trilogy.
  • The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker's college years including plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice Man of the X-Men (based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon).
  • The other three movies are two Avengers films in which Spider-Man will have a larger role and become friends with Johnny Storm (Human Torch from the Fantastic Four).
  • Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance all Spider-Man related movies for 30% of the full profits (Disney previously wanted 50%, but Sony said no, which led to the talks falling apart).
  • Sony would distribute, but Disney will acquire exclusive digital and online rights for Disney Plus and affiliated TV networks.
  • Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance SpiderVerse live-action spinoffs under the same terms.
  • Venom will relocate into the MCU.
  • Sony will be given permission for TV live-action programs based on SpiderVerse properties (Sony only has film rights to Spider-Man, but needs permission from Disney for TV rights)
  • Disney wants the deal to be done before Saturday's Marvel panel at D23 Expo.
  • Spider-Man is also said to be a part of a D23 Expo panel.
If this is true and I'm Sony I say "Ya that's a no from me".
Old 08-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #1828
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
If this is true and I'm Sony I say "Ya that's a no from me".
The one thing Sony might agree to is to be given TV rights. That might be huge and could cover the 30% stake Disney is looking for.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:29 AM   #1829
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:

Not true.

Red Sonja
Supergirl
Sheena
Wonder Woman had multiple tv movies
Tank Girl
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #1830
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is this worse than CBA negotiations in the press? I think this is worse than CBA negotiations in the press.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #1831
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
[*]The other three movies are two Avengers films in which Spider-Man will have a larger role and become friends with Johnny Storm (Human Torch from the Fantastic Four).
They should have Chris Evans reprise his role as the Human Torch then.

Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #1832
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
The one thing Sony might agree to is to be given TV rights. That might be huge and could cover the 30% stake Disney is looking for.
At this point Disney needs Spider-Man a lot more than Sony/Spider-Man need Disney. Venom and Into the Spider-Verse along with the Raimi trilogy prove Sony can make good Spider-Man content. Spider-Man is one of a few comic book properties (X-Men, Batman, Superman are the others IMO) where you could build a cinematic universe around it given how great his villains and supporting cast is.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #1833
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
At this point Disney needs Spider-Man a lot more than Sony/Spider-Man need Disney. Venom and Into the Spider-Verse along with the Raimi trilogy prove Sony can make good Spider-Man content. Spider-Man is one of a few comic book properties (X-Men, Batman, Superman are the others IMO) where you could build a cinematic universe around it given how great his villains and supporting cast is.
Not sure this is true - honestly the real answer is that neither party really need one another.

Disney has turned the entire marvel universe into gold - Black Panther, GotG, Thor, Captain Marvel, etc are all just as big of box office hits as Spider-Man at this point.

Plus Disney also has the X-Men and Fantastic Four they need to incorporate to the Franchise now, so not like they are lacking for characters to work into the Universe.

If anything Sony would probably be the one's benefiting more if Disney is going to let them use X-Men characters and other MCU characters in the Sony universe.

Sony doesn't need Disney either because history has shown that even horrible Spider-Man movies can likely make $800M internationally.

The biggest concerns for Sony would be it's not that clear how they would really move forward with the Tom Holland Spider-man without having that linkage to the MCU. Plus while Spider-Verse was amazing, it's not like Venom was critically acclaimed. It did well at the international box office but was destroyed by critics.

At this point from a critical perspective Sony is only batting about .500 on Spider-Man movies. 1, 2, and Spider-Verse were great. Spider-man 3, Amazing 1, Amazing 2 were no good and Venom is kind of "cult" good in that people liked it but critically it was hated.

The last Live Action Spider-man movie that was managed by Sony to get over 75% on Rotten Tomatoes was in 2004 - that's not really a great level of success.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 08-23-2019 at 10:57 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:02 AM   #1834
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the best solution would be just have Spider-Man join in the Avengers team up movies then leave him alone and let Sony make the stand alone ones. I really like Homecoming and Far From Home much more than Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 but one thing I didn't like as much was it felt more like MCU episode 18 and 23 instead of Spider-Man 1 and 2. I wasn't a big fan of having Tony take the place of Uncle Ben and having both the villains be the direct result of Tony Stark's actions. I want Sony and Disney to come to a deal quickly but I also want Spider-Man 3 to be more stand alone.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:11 AM   #1835
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Since Spider-Man has kind of introduced a Spider-Man Multi-Verse now I would actually be fine with them doing two live-action Spider-man Franchises.

Have the Tom Holland Spider-Man and let him stay and live in the MCU universe. Co-produced by Disney/Sony.

Then see if you can bring back Tobey Maguire and see do a "time jump" Spider-Man universe where he is in his late 30's / 40's. Make that the universe that crosses over with the Tom Hardy Venom (makes more sense anyways since Hardy is also in his 40s and is meant to be a similar age to Spider-Man) and the Sinister 6. Plus Spider-Man is supposed to have a long history with the villians before the Sinister 6 is formed and this time jump would kind of help facilitate that. Managed by Sony only.

Disney gets what they want, Sony gets their universe, and everyone should be happy.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 08-23-2019 at 12:25 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #1836
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

it would be good way to get Miles Morales into a live action movie without the weight of the MCU on him as well.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #1837
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not so fast, Sony counters with a 25% gross co-financed offer for Spiderman and Disney is rumored to be accepting it. Another reason for the split was apparently Disney had apparently wanted Feige to focus on righting "the X-Men ship" after the disaster that was Dark Phoenix.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/s...ce-1203311351/

Sensationalized title for the rumor
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:15 PM   #1838
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a feeling this will be the best film of Phase 4...Looks amazing

https://twitter.com/user/status/1164966010048454656
Old 08-23-2019, 01:48 PM   #1839
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have a feeling this will be the best film of Phase 4...Looks amazing

https://twitter.com/user/status/1164966010048454656
All 4 seconds of it?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 01:53 PM   #1840
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
All 4 seconds of it?
He listed Stardust and Barb Wire as movies to "check out."

I think the bar might be set low...