Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-16-2020, 08:17 AM   #3041
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
God I am just balls deep in "Among Us"
I've been playing it with bunch of friends, game is hilarious.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #3042
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here is something I really need after getting rid of my original PC Duo.
Introducing Analogue Duo.

An all-in-one reimagining of perhaps the most underappreciated video game systems of all time.
Compatible with nearly every NEC system and game format. TurboGrafx-16. PC Engine. SuperGrafx.
TurboGrafx CD. PC Engine CD-ROM˛

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/...678094860?s=20
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:34 AM   #3043
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I gave up on Horizon Dawn after a few hours. I had to invade this base and whether I tried stealth or outright attack I just couldn't get it. I wasn't a fan of the weapons and never got the hang of it.

I thought I was going to love the game, it was beautiful and seemed to have an interesting story.

Then again I didn't like Witcher 3 because I found the controls on PS4 to be awful. So clunky.

I suppose I should give them another try.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #3044
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm

Last edited by White Out 403; 10-16-2020 at 11:53 AM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #3045
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Witcher 3 is considerably better as a PC game. Horizon probably is slightly better if you have the requisite hardware but it was perfectly fine on console. I think you just have to put in a bit of grinding to get the hang of the controls, maybe. Or you're treating it like Doom Eternal and just trying to win a straight up fight against metal dinosaurs. In which case, that's a you problem.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #3046
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed Horizon at first but didn't get too far into it, it just didn't grab me.

Maybe I'll have to try it again on PC instead
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:01 PM   #3047
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I also wrapped up my first ever playthrough of Horizon this week but I thought it was pretty easy on Very Hard. Now I was playing on PC and I think the mouse just gives a big advantage when it comes to aiming with the bows. Overall I enjoyed my time with it but it was a little reminiscent of typical Ubisoft open world games. When I think about similar games released at the same time I can honestly say that I enjoyed Horizon more than Assassin's Creed Origins or Breath of the Wild. Horizon had a more interesting story and setting and I liked the combat. Hopefully, they make some improvements with the traversal system.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #3048
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I'm the opposite, I got as far as getting through the big gate and I haven't played since. I'm not sure why but the combat just doesn't engage me. I liked the story quite a bit but I didn't really feel like I wanted to play more. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to it on PC.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:06 PM   #3049
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heads up that Ghost of Tsushima Legends is out now! I only got to play about 30 mins tonight (tutorial and one mission) but it seems pretty cool so far! Very full featured for a free DLC, I’m extremely impressed
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:34 PM   #3050
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I'm the opposite, I got as far as getting through the big gate and I haven't played since. I'm not sure why but the combat just doesn't engage me. I liked the story quite a bit but I didn't really feel like I wanted to play more. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to it on PC.
This was me for Jedi Fallen Order. I really wanted to like it and play through it for the story, but I absolutely hated the combat and the platforming. I died about a dozen times trying to time a jump on a stupid ice slide before finally giving up and uninstalling. Easily my biggest regrettable purchase in games in the last few years
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #3051
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
This was me for Jedi Fallen Order. I really wanted to like it and play through it for the story, but I absolutely hated the combat and the platforming. I died about a dozen times trying to time a jump on a stupid ice slide before finally giving up and uninstalling. Easily my biggest regrettable purchase in games in the last few years
I deducted a full rating point from that game because of those stupid ice slides. When will developers realize that gamers don't like cheap platforming difficulty spikes?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:14 PM   #3052
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone in to the ‘Ys’ RPG series? I impulse bought Ys Origin on Switch and am having a really good time with it. So I picked up Memories of Celceta on PS4 and it’s pretty fun too (despite pretty dated graphics). Fun hack n’ slash games with just enough depth to stay interesting but simple enough you can just breeze through them. Cool bosses and a bangin’ soundtrack.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #3053
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Reading HZD is hard is interesting. I am like the worst gamer--The. Worst--and managed a platinum trophy on it.

But I was also really into the game, so that probably plays a huge part. It's like trying to get through a book that doesn't hold your interest, i won't even try if it doesnt turn my crank quickly

and on that note, God of War - nope, too hard
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:39 PM   #3054
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Platinum doesn’t really equate to difficulty. They’re totally different.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:45 PM   #3055
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Platinum doesn’t really equate to difficulty. They’re totally different.
Sometimes, but the God of War platinum was hard as hell due to the final Valkyrie battle.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:16 PM   #3056
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got all the trophies in Horizon: Zero Dawn including the "ultra hard" trophy that got added later and I don't remember a second of that game being difficult once the combat clicked for me. It was frustrating at the start, but once I started using the different weapon and ammo types properly I found it incredibly easy.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:38 AM   #3057
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excited for the release of Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods expansion tomorrow. My fiancé is obsessed with Doom now. She questions why every FPS game I play can't be like that.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #3058
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Anyone in to the ‘Ys’ RPG series? I impulse bought Ys Origin on Switch and am having a really good time with it. So I picked up Memories of Celceta on PS4 and it’s pretty fun too (despite pretty dated graphics). Fun hack n’ slash games with just enough depth to stay interesting but simple enough you can just breeze through them. Cool bosses and a bangin’ soundtrack.
Ys games are awesome. I don't really love the "Party system" games (Memories of Celceta, VII, and VIII) since they're piss-easy but the platformers (Ark of Napishtim, Oath in Felghana, and Origin) and the bump system games (Ys I & II Chronicles) were a ton of fun.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:05 PM   #3059
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Ok is Death Stranding worth playing? It really does seem like a walking simulator but the world building looks really interesting. Looks very pretty.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #3060
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Ok is Death Stranding worth playing? It really does seem like a walking simulator but the world building looks really interesting. Looks very pretty.
I loved it, but I can see why people would think it's very boring. It is a great looking game, but it's hard to explain for me on why I like it so much. It's like a walking simulator with some minor game play mechanics. It's more about the experience than the game play.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post: