Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-19-2020, 01:49 PM   #181
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
I’ve started to feel the same way a bit about Honda/Acura as well. Not as drastic of a drop off as Infiniti, but I don’t find much of their current offering all that enticing and I have a few friends that have had odd reliability issues with vehicles that should be bullet proof.

For whatever reason, I have been really loving Toyota products (not sure what to think about the new Highlander, but the previous models were great).
The Honda definitely took a dip but this year's models are very well regarded.

Acura has never been mind blowing but always good value.

Toyotas seem the same to me. Ultra reliable but not so fun to drive.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #182
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’ve started to feel the same way a bit about Honda/Acura as well. Not as drastic of a drop off as Infiniti, but I don’t find much of their current offering all that enticing and I have a few friends that have had odd reliability issues with vehicles that should be bullet proof.

For whatever reason, I have been really loving Toyota products (not sure what to think about the new Highlander, but the previous models were great).

My dad has a Tundra and has had a ton of problems, but Toyota is still number 2 worldwide for vehicle reliability. Hyundai is #1 and Honda is #3. I'm a Honda fan myself as I always find they have the best value for performance and fuel economy. Infiniti and Nissan aren't in the same stratosphere IMO.

Been that way for a few years IIRC.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 04:05 PM   #183
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

I actually like technology, being a car guy, the mercedes e550 is a great example of having it all. Everytime I get into it, its wonderful with the power and luxury. My sister has a q60 coupe and its nice, but I do find the interior dated.

However even with innovation, there is something to be said about driving a car without all the tech as well. I still have a 1993 Mazda RX7 and its probably the most fun I have ever had driving a car, though I barely drive it due to the abysmal weather this city has for the most part.

I love both the newer and older cars.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soulchoice For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2020, 04:40 PM   #184
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulchoice View Post
I actually like technology, being a car guy, the mercedes e550 is a great example of having it all. Everytime I get into it, its wonderful with the power and luxury. My sister has a q60 coupe and its nice, but I do find the interior dated.

However even with innovation, there is something to be said about driving a car without all the tech as well. I still have a 1993 Mazda RX7 and its probably the most fun I have ever had driving a car, though I barely drive it due to the abysmal weather this city has for the most part.

I love both the newer and older cars.
100% agreed. There's still something to be said about "Driving unplugged" so to speak. Just you and the car. But all the crazy tech is also awesome.

Infiniti meanwhile, is stuck in some awkward middle ground purgatory where it does neither. Shame, I loved my old G37x but everything they've done since has just been so blah
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:45 AM   #185
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Perhaps also try a Kia Soul if you're going down that road. It's one of those quirky cars that a lot of car reviewers seem to like when they drive one.
Honda Element is another option

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #186
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The Japanese in general have fallen behind in tech. I was going to buy a Civic Type R but the infotainment system was so painfully slow and outdated I couldn't accept that in a $40k+ vehicle. My wife's Outback system is also slow and very basic. Drove a new RAV4 for a day and the infotainment system looked like it was designed a decade ago. Maybe I've been spoiled with iDrive but I know the Chrysler Uconnect system blows away anything from the Japanese so good tech isn't limited to the Germans.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:08 AM   #187
jwslam
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post
I rented a 4 door 2019 Infiniti Sedan as a Luxury upgrade at YYC last week(my company covered it) after 5 minutes I regretted not taking the KIA/Hyundai option.Had a GPS system that was unusable, and was the worst vehicle ive ever driven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Acura has never been mind blowing but always good value.
I owned a used 2008 RDX at one point. Very good value and I had no interest in the 2nd gen where they stripped the turbo. Then came the 2019 third gen with the turbo SH-AWD back and I was very interested, but it was fairly lackluster to drive and I did not like the interface.

I ended up with a 2019 Hyundai Kona and it's amazing bang for buck, super intuitive infotainment. Fun to drive. Hyundai/Kia/Genesis is climbing fast!
jwslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:28 AM   #188
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Steinberg off to the dark side...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1286111473136054272

I've always wondered what the details of these types of sponsorships are. Radio personality gets a car... what's in it for the dealer? Does the radio guy have to enter into a lease? Does the radio station? Or is it no strings attached and all the dealer gets is a few plugs on air?

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:39 AM   #189
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The dealer gets plugs on air and Pat probably gets a sweet lease deal. Used to be Audi. Good for Pat as while Nissan's in general are terrible this car is probably the least terrible vehicle they sell outside of a GTR and I don't know who's still buying those in this day and age.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #190
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Well, credit where credit is due. To the delight of rental fleets everywhere, this interior is a huge leap into the modern era:

I think the exterior is nicer as well. They even have lane keep and a few other goodies. Finally a 2020 car from Nissan. Not saying it's exciting or anything, but it's at least competitive and would be worth a look if you were shopping in this category.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:51 AM   #191
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nissan is now the Japanese version of Dodge/Chrysler.....meaning, usually can be had on the cheap side and the transmission will probably fall out 1 day after the warranty expires. I wouldn't touch either of them.
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rotten42 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 07:33 PM   #192
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The Japanese in general have fallen behind in tech. I was going to buy a Civic Type R but the infotainment system was so painfully slow and outdated I couldn't accept that in a $40k+ vehicle. My wife's Outback system is also slow and very basic. Drove a new RAV4 for a day and the infotainment system looked like it was designed a decade ago. Maybe I've been spoiled with iDrive but I know the Chrysler Uconnect system blows away anything from the Japanese so good tech isn't limited to the Germans.
That’s like the complete opposite and of my experience. Nothing slow about the system in my civic which is now 3+ years old r my wife’s new HR-V. UConnect n the other hand is a specific reason I avoid Chrysler rentals.

But maybe things have changed.

Last edited by ernie; 10-26-2020 at 07:38 PM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #193
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

That whole G/Q sedan/coupe range is just so boring at this point. They hit on something hot 20 years ago and haven't taken a risk since.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 07:54 PM   #194
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Which is such a shame, because it was such a nice vehicle in that category. Over 300 hp, nice interior, solid reliability, and available with a very good awd system. I had a sedan and coupe and was prepared to just upgrade every 6-8 years with the new model of sedan, but when I visited the dealer when the new models came out I was so disappointed I didn’t even take it for a test drive. I didn’t like the exterior and the interior was even worse!
bagofpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #195
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
That whole G/Q sedan/coupe range is just so boring at this point.
Q coupe is the best looking exterior in that segment, IMO. It's prettier than the Merc and I feel like it's Audi that hasn't taken a step forward. BMW not even in the discussion with that new grille that's coming.

For other reasons I'd still be buying an Audi coupe in that segment.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:11 PM   #196
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Q coupe is the best looking exterior in that segment, IMO. It's prettier than the Merc and I feel like it's Audi that hasn't taken a step forward. BMW not even in the discussion with that new grille that's coming.

For other reasons I'd still be buying an Audi coupe in that segment.
Looks are all the Q has got going for it. Like a weathered cougar, frequenting the Trop.

And the A5? Why?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2020, 08:16 PM   #197
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I drove an RC, it felt like driving an SUV and just too big a car for its actual size. I like the way the Audi drives vs the C-class as well. If it was like a C63 vs RS5 discussion then I'd be C63 every time because that new engine in the RS5 is sufficiently potent but sounds lame.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #198
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

the S5 sportback is the way to go if you can't jump to the RS. Not a coupe, but one of Audi's best looking cars.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:29 PM   #199
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree that the sportback looks good relative to other 4 doors, but I still prefer the look of coupes. My next car will hopefully be an A5 or S5.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:36 AM   #200
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya know, Kia/Genesis really need to get a coupe into this segment.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:

Tags
nissan