Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #741
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm definitely a pure casual at this point and pretty much only watch Mania and Rumble, so I thought that was probably the best Mania in several years. But a five and a half hour run time is simply indefensible. And last night was maybe the only time since they've reeeeally bloated things that the run time was maybe defensible, but even still a PPV that ends at 12:30 am EDT on a Sunday night is a bit much. I get the need to make it "epic", but there's so much easy bloat to cut that they could easily cut 90 minutes and no one would complain.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #742
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really hope they bring back Thugonomics Cena for more than a one nighter. Feel like they could go on a fun little run with him.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #743
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Agreed on it being a great mania

Whether its top 5 or top 10 I don't think can be judged till some time out, but there were great moments, and some excellent matches, and even though the show was very long they kept things moving, nothing really overstayed its welcome

Kofi winning is imo one of the best wrestlemania moments of all time, seeing his reaction, woods crying, his kids in the ring, so awesome
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #744
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So on the Ronda Rousey front

1) She broke her hand during the match and worked through it
2) The shoulders coming up was a botch not part of the plan, its unlikely that the WWE uses it as Ronda is now done her run with the WWE and is taking some time off. Vince was supposed to be upset that the broadcast team focused on the shoulder coming up.
3) There was an even split on the booking committee on whether Ronda would submit or be pinned, Vince decided on the pin to protect Ronda and give her a story line if she should return, that's in the air.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:55 PM   #745
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1115367990646775809
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KelVarnsen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 07:32 PM   #746
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The bottom line is that a lot of people critized Ronda over her interview work and her character.

But I have a ton of respect for her, she fought on nearly every raw. She made wrestlers look like a million bucks because she sold for them hard. She clearly worked hard at trying to pick of the sport.

She could have come in on her name and just coasted, but she didn't. I'd love to see her come back as an even bigger heel.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2019, 12:08 PM   #747
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved Rhonda. She was still learning the ropes (no pun intended), but you could tell she was a legitimately dangerous women, the way she tossed her opponents around the ring with such ferocity and speed. Also, she didn't play the 'sexy' character at all, despite all other female wrestler having some element of it.

Rhonda elevated that division with her athleticism and background, IMO, which gave that division a ton of credibility. Best addition to the women's roster in a long time.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #748
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I loved Rhonda. She was still learning the ropes (no pun intended), but you could tell she was a legitimately dangerous women, the way she tossed her opponents around the ring with such ferocity and speed. Also, she didn't play the 'sexy' character at all, despite all other female wrestler having some element of it.

Rhonda elevated that division with her athleticism and background, IMO, which gave that division a ton of credibility. Best addition to the women's roster in a long time.

It sounds like the next planned story line for Ronda is next years wrestlemania as she intends to go off and have a kid.

I still remember that first match of hers with Angle, I was watching it with a friend and when she got the tag and bolted across the ring, We both went wow, she was that fast.

She still has a lot to learn, and she would be the first to admit it, but I doubt we see her back on a full time basis.

Still watching some of the behinds the scene videos, it seemed like she enjoyed doing it, and she busted her a$$ to do it, its a shame that in my mind the writers really let her down with the breaking kayfabe stuff, that was horrible. She also worked really hard to make her opponents look good and really did some crazy bumps. I guess her hand was really mangled after throwing a bad punch.

Just to add on, I was glad to see Alexa back in the ring last night even though she looked really rusty, but after sitting out for months because of what was described as a really severe concussion, when she went backwards head first into the turn buckle even my heart stopped.

On other woman notes.

Bayley has just gotten really bad and sloppy in the ring, Sasha is putting out cryptic tweets about skipping public appearances, I was glad to see the belts taken off of them because frankly they had already made the tag team belts seem stale.

Loved to see the Iconics win the belts. I'll be the first to say that they're not great wrestlers, but I love their characters and you had to melt a bit at the genuine emotion when they got the belts and Billie was crying.

Good to see that at least one member of the Riott squad is getting a push. I feel bad for Ruby, as this was supposed to be her vehicle, but sarah has stepped up her game and Liv is becoming the premiere seller in that division.

I didn't much care for Becky's promo last night, it almost felt like she went away from being the man to being what she was about 6 months ago, but I was glad to see Lacy get something to do, I liked her ring work in NXT.

Oh and a huge finger poke of doom to the main event last night that made no sense whatsoever and felt like a rip off.

Old 04-15-2019, 04:20 PM   #749
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 04-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #750
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

The Viking Experience? Wtf.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 06:34 PM   #751
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus they need to stop Vince - why not just debut then as War Raiders

AEW is going to be a real threat IMO and that might be the only thing that smartens them up.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #752
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

War Raiders are the closest thing to the Legion of Doom and fans aren't stupid how good they are. Vince is insulting his audience. May as well bring back the Warlord and Berserker to complete the stable.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #753
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ahahahaha. Jesus Christ, Vince.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:23 PM   #754
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I literally turned it on and saw the War Raiders come out, and I'm a huge fan, and then they announced them as the Viking Experience, and I had flashbacks to Mantaur, The Droz, and all of the other bad gimmicks that have been rolled out and killed wrestlers or teams dead.

Remember that Bret Hart almost became Cowboy Bret Hart.

I wonder if there was some kind of weird channel influence on using the name War Raiders, but even the announcers sounded embarrassed.

Anyone get a sense that we've seen the last of Sasha Banks for a while after her Wrestlemania reaction?

And putting Bayley with Naomi, two of my least favorite female Wrestlers right now.

Also loved Sami tonight, and loved Alexa's reaction to it.

I don't know how the Miz got busted open, but that was a major cut, but it really worked tonight, I never thought that Miz could be an effective face, but he's making it work.

Overall what was suppossed to be one of the biggest Raws of the year which was the Superstar shakeup was pretty lackluster.

I did enjoy Lacy Evans finally getting in the ring, but she and Natty didn't have much chemistry. But that was a nice moonsault.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #755
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

They mentioned sasha tweets and all that, so it's a work now, whether it was at the start who knows, would have kept quiet if there were still ongoing issues

Best thing they could do is bring back heel sasha, she shouldnt be a face
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #756
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Luke Harper has officially requested for his release via Twitter...

https://rajah.com/node/luke-harper-r...sues-statement

Too bad he wasn't healthy before Rowan to join leagues with Daniel Bryan, It would have made for a much better pairing.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #757
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
They mentioned sasha tweets and all that, so it's a work now, whether it was at the start who knows, would have kept quiet if there were still ongoing issues

Best thing they could do is bring back heel sasha, she shouldnt be a face

You know, I was so intrigued by the idea of a heel Bayley, who was angry at being taken advantage of and being the second wheel.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #758
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Luke Harper has officially requested for his release via Twitter...

https://rajah.com/node/luke-harper-r...sues-statement

Too bad he wasn't healthy before Rowan to join leagues with Daniel Bryan, It would have made for a much better pairing.

luke Harper/Brodie Lee is an insanely talented big man, but for some reason his style and the "wwe" style didn't seem to work well together.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:14 PM   #759
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
luke Harper/Brodie Lee is an insanely talented big man, but for some reason his style and the "wwe" style didn't seem to work well together.
Mid Card talents that have injury issues tend to get buried by Vince lately.

If you aren't an established top tier star and you get hurt more than once it really seems to stop any push or TV time you get on the main roster.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #760
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Harper would be a big draw in NJPW or AJPW. Dude is the the embodiment of Bruiser Brody. AEW could use him good, but would like to see him build his character back up as a brawler with stiff competition. A match between him and Joe Doering or Tomohiro Ishii would be amazing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: