Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #161
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gam...2-any-22256090

It seems you're correct. If they add more story, it'll be a TLOU3.

I believe they are working on multiplayer mode for TLOU2 though.

It sounds like they're actually planning on releasing a standalone Factions game at some point. I would imagine they're probably pretty far along with it too, because this statement was made quite a while ago now.

Quote:
"As development began on the evolution of our Factions mode from The Last of Us, the vision of the team grew beyond an additional mode that could be included with our enormous single player campaign. Wanting to support both visions, we made the difficult choice that The Last of Us: Part II would not include an online mode. However, you will eventually experience the fruits of our team's online ambition, but not as part of The Last of Us: Part II. When and where it will be realised is still to be determined."

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/th...ve-multiplayer
codynw is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2020, 03:01 PM   #162
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally beat it, and quite enjoyed it. i was surprised how long it took me to be honest, but I am usually pretty thorough when searching for every_little_thing to the point where I kind of start to piss myself off.

I think I enjoyed the first a bit more, and when I ask myself why i thin it's because I had no idea what to expect then

Might play it through again. I am only missing a handful of in game collectibles, power-ups, and trophies, so running through on super easy...someday. But I don't really want to right now
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:36 PM   #163
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I liked the game. Excellent story telling. You don’t really get Ellie until you see her past and how it drives her future. Has she changed? Who knows.

I admit I disliked the start of the game as I found it retread of the first one. I still think the weakness of every Naughty Dog game is their repetition. I felt every encounter was a cookie cutter from the first just slightly different.

That said, the protagonist story was very well done, and making you see the other side was well done as well. I was angry switching sides but it was redeeming for me and set Abby apart from the classic video game “boss”
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #164
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've just finished it. I didn't buy it right after the release because I actually had to play the first game first never owned a PS3 and had it on my PS4 bucketlist for way too long, but playing 1 and 2 just after each other was a good thing I think. I never had to wait for the second game and build up super-crazy expectations, and looking back, I can't really say which one I liked better.

I feel both of them are masterpieces in their own way though and I think they are pretty even in terms of quality. I really haven't seen immersion like this before in a video game, they really suck you in and make you feel a lot of emotions. I didn't even enjoy the fighting all that much (doing it stealthy is always gratifying though), but I really liked scouring everything for items and I think the storytelling and characters are outstanding.

And although I was pissed when the game made you switch characters, I do appreciate it now that the game is over. It's a gutsy decision, but I felt getting the other perspective and seeing the other side of the story was well worth it. They could have played it safe with the protagonist/antagonist thing, but they actually challenge you to reconsider the whole good/evil and right/wrong thing. You don't get to see that very often and I honestly enjoyed that a lot.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 02:48 PM   #165
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Last of us has one of the highest completion rates of any PS4 game

Quote:
It may come as a surprise to some, but a lot of gamers actually don’t finish single player games. In fact, a triple A title getting a 50% completion rate can already be considered a success. For comparison, only around around a 35-40% of players finish the story of several open-world games.

Given this, The Last of Us Part II is a major success as the game has a 58% completion rate (as of this article’s writing). The game’s completion rate is based on the data in the “What I Had to Do” trophy that’s awarded to players who have completed the game’s story at least once.
Certainly my GOTY at this point. Not surprised the narrative was good enough to carry people through to the conclusion. Definitely sets up potential DLC or a 3rd sequel given it was one of the fastest selling exclusives of all time.

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flashpoint For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 04:28 PM   #166
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looking back, it seems like the negative attitude toward the game right at release was either:

1) Not related to actual game play (ex. Naughty Dog's employee issues, didn't like playing as Abby)
2) Some people had way too high expectations due to how excellent the first story concluded

Those that have played through seem to have a very positive experience and I don't hear much negativity at all. I'm replaying it again on a much harder difficulty and am really enjoying it. The AI is probably the most realistic I've experienced but I never feel like its unfair. It's also really fun to see the nice details in all the artifacts along the way now that I know the fully story. There are tons of little "easter eggs" in there that is making the second playthrough still very engaging.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:07 PM   #167
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Looking back, it seems like the negative attitude toward the game right at release was either:

1) Not related to actual game play (ex. Naughty Dog's employee issues, didn't like playing as Abby)
2) Some people had way too high expectations due to how excellent the first story concluded

Those that have played through seem to have a very positive experience and I don't hear much negativity at all. I'm replaying it again on a much harder difficulty and am really enjoying it. The AI is probably the most realistic I've experienced but I never feel like its unfair. It's also really fun to see the nice details in all the artifacts along the way now that I know the fully story. There are tons of little "easter eggs" in there that is making the second playthrough still very engaging.
Yeah, it was pretty obvious on social media with the targeted hate and bigotry. Nevermind the hot takes and reviews less than 12-24 hours after release, people never even played it or turned it on.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #168
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Or, get this... some people didn’t like it, and finished it anyway.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2020, 09:58 PM   #169
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean there was no way I wasn't finishing it. And I did like it, at a lot of points, to be fair. I just thought it was a very flawed game that could easily have been much, much better.

Off the top of my head I can't think of what the other GOTY contenders would be as I don't play many games immediately after release, but if that does end up being the best of 2020, that would be pretty sad. Of course, 2020 has sucked, so par for the course, I guess.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2020, 07:15 AM   #170
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was too violent and dreary to really be an enjoyable experience. The technical craft of it was astounding though. I didn’t finish it.

Ghost of Tsushima was exceptional though, it’s my GOTY by a pretty big margin right now.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:25 AM   #171
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm on my third playthrough right now and I thorougly enjoy it. So much to explore, so many little details, and most importantly, simply outstanding gameplay. During my first playthrough I was obviously very focused on the story and didn't like the combat that much, but now that I can focus on a lot of other things, I absolutely love it. I feel the gameplay took huge steps from the first game to this one, and it's fun to mix stealth with more aggressive combat strategies. Some sections are just a lot of fun (Ellie's first day in Seattle, Abby and Lev during the skybridge section and so on). Still haven't found all the trading cards and coins, and I really like the game on higher difficulties (I'm playing Survivor+ now).

When all is said and done, it will rank very highly among the best games I've ever played. I honestly feel for those who had high expectations and then didn't like it for some reason, but personally, I absolutely love it.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:43 AM   #172
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Halfway through the game I just lost enjoyment and the game couldn't end fast enough for me. So far Doom Eternal, Nioh 2, Ghosts of Tsushima are top 3 in order as 2020 will not be a year to remember for a lot of reasons including video games.

No need to feel for me as to me it wasn't a matter of high expectations and more that I just didn't enjoy the story and the gameplay got boring moving from empty building to empty building going through drawers for resources between cutscenes of miserable and angry people making excuses why they have to kill each other. I actually feel for those that enjoyed the game and feel that people that didn't share their enthusiasm for it are victims of high expectations or bigots.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 09-08-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote