Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-17-2020, 03:09 PM   #2701
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Tatiana Maslany has been cast as She-Hulk. I think she'll be great.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...disney-series/
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #2702
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post

Was going to say she's pretty small to play She-Hulk, but I guess were well past the years of just painting body builders green.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:22 PM   #2703
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post

Oh yes. Because standalone 'Hulk' movies have an amazing track record of outrageous success.

RIP Tatiana's career.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:43 PM   #2704
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's not a movie. It's a Disney+ series.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:43 PM   #2705
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

She-Hulk is going to be one of the mini-series on the streaming channel. It should be easier to tell a story with an eight hour window. I wonder if this spells the end of Professor Hulk? You really can't have two smart Hulks lumbering around. Maybe they do a version of Planet Hulk, where at the end he is off-world and She-Hulk can just take over the Hulking in the MCU.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:47 PM   #2706
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
She-Hulk is going to be one of the mini-series on the streaming channel. It should be easier to tell a story with an eight hour window. I wonder if this spells the end of Professor Hulk? You really can't have two smart Hulks lumbering around. Maybe they do a version of Planet Hulk, where at the end he is off-world and She-Hulk can just take over the Hulking in the MCU.
How many times were you trying to put the word 'Hulk' in that post?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 09-18-2020, 01:21 PM   #2707
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

She-Hulk's biggest weakness

Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #2708
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I finally watched Endgame again. First time since theatre release. I’ll never get over how badly they handled the snap and the return. It really does irrevocably taint the movie.

It’ll never live up to Infinity War but other than the awful, awful snap/5 year gap/return, it’s a really great send off.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #2709
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

How much better would endgame have been if they used the stones to turn back time instead of the idiotic unsnap BS that they laughably explained away in FFH? It’s so goddamn stupid it tarnishes the movie.

Now instead, imagine if the five year gap still exists, but now Tony has to make a decision to keep his happy life with wife and kid or turn back time to save half the universe while wiping his kid from existence? Especially if he’s sacrificing his life, meaning he’ll be snapping his child out of existence and dying, so he won’t be able to have that family again. Now that’s a sacrifice.

Tony turns back time to pre-snap IW time and they defeat Thanos, then Tony dies from the overwhelming power of the gauntlet. Everyone’s memory of the five years is wiped like it never happened, mainly because it didn’t happen since Tony turned back time. But future Tony embedded a message to Pepper in his suit (not unlike the hologram he did record in endgame).

Pepper and crew watches it, seeing Tony talk about their happy life with child in the future, only now do they all realize what an insane sacrifice he made, wiping his future family from existence. This would be news to everyone because it’s the pre-snap versions of themselves. For them there was no five year gap.

Final scene sees Pepper walk up to the casket and she places an ultrasound on the casket and says “Tony, you’re gonna be a father” or “Tony, meet [insert future daughters name here].” Credits. #### I’m balling in the theatre if that happens.

Tell me that’s not like 5000 times better than that lame ass BS everyone comes back from the snap and somehow it doesn’t cause mass hysteria across the ####ing universe 10x worse than the original Thanos snap did after they’ve been gone for 5 years crap we got.

Yes I watched endgame 3 weeks ago and I’m still fuming about this. I have been since the movie came out.

And FFS, it should have been called Avengers Forever, like the time travel limited series. Yes I know there was a Batman movie called forever and the Avengers comic isn’t about Thanos but I don’t care. It was the perfect title.

It would also make Dr Strange’s premonition way more powerful and help explain why he didn’t want to tell anyone how it worked because he knew what it meant for Tony. Plus you could have had some poignant scenes with Tony and Steve about living life to the fullest.

The best part is, the plot of endgame wouldn’t have to change one iota. Everything still works, only this version he snaps back to pre IW snap, instead of just bringing people back into the future. Except maybe Steve’s weird alternate life thing which, while nice, was kinda dumb when you break it down. He just as easily could have got his own message from future Tony that inspires him to pass on the shield and go live his life.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 10-04-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:19 PM   #2710
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
How much better would endgame have been if they used the stones to turn back time instead of the idiotic unsnap BS that they laughably explained away in FFH? It’s so goddamn stupid it tarnishes the movie.
I think the Star Wars has been thoroughly ruined by fan fiction and the directors being stupid enough to start listening to it (particularly the last jedi). You need to accept the death of the author tenant, and accept the story as it has been presented to date, reserving your imagined scenarios for future additions to the time line, it's much healthier.

The existing cannon is what it is, you can only add to it, not wish that it was different.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:46 PM   #2711
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Fan fiction? What are you talking about? TLJ not being good has nothing to do with fan fiction.

It’s called plot and story.

Fan fiction is when you expand on the universe, not wish they’d written better stories with no idiotic plot holes.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:40 PM   #2712
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I think the Star Wars has been thoroughly ruined by fan fiction and the directors being stupid enough to start listening to it (particularly the last jedi). You need to accept the death of the author tenant, and accept the story as it has been presented to date, reserving your imagined scenarios for future additions to the time line, it's much healthier.

The existing cannon is what it is, you can only add to it, not wish that it was different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Fan fiction? What are you talking about? TLJ not being good has nothing to do with fan fiction.

It’s called plot and story.

Fan fiction is when you expand on the universe, not wish they’d written better stories with no idiotic plot holes.
Mentioned this a million times, Star Wars is the 'King of Excuses'

They put together some bad films and explained it away with:

"well you didnt know all the back-story and all of these obscure facts and events that were included in books, TV shows and comics that totally make the whole thing make complete sense!!!"

No. You didnt put all of the relevant information to make the story coherent into the story you were trying to tell. Thats nobody's fault but yours. Dont pass that buck along. Its just blame-shifting.

Thats not 'Fan Fiction' though, that is pure, Corporate 'Cover Your Ass' by trying to blame everyone other than the people responsible for the turd that you left in the theatre by trying to distract people with an incomprehensible mashup of incoherent scenes of 'shiny things happening quickly.'

Endgame and Infinity War were incalculably better. Even nit-picking the science of time travel (forget about straight up Magic) they were damned fun movies that minor inconsistencies cant ruin.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #2713
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going back in time and wiping everyone's past and memories is a DC trope. I'm sure that they wanted to avoid that. Actually, Fox already used that as well, in what might be their best superhero movie.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #2714
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I don't agree with you there Cecil Terwilliger. How they have handed post-reverse-snap could have been done better, but I don't blame that on Endgame.

And Tony snapping his fingers to return everything back to normal after a 5827857873 movie arc, would have been near "it was all a dream" level. Might as well just have pre-Captain America scrawny Steve wake up in the alley after being beat up and finding out this was all a concussion induced dream.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #2715
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

It was worse than all a dream. They cause mass havoc across the universe and then just pretended it never happened.

This, after using the time stone multiple times to turn back time already. But to erase the snap is too much? Don’t buy it.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #2716
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Yeah, I don't agree with you there Cecil Terwilliger. How they have handed post-reverse-snap could have been done better, but I don't blame that on Endgame.

And Tony snapping his fingers to return everything back to normal after a 5827857873 movie arc, would have been near "it was all a dream" level. Might as well just have pre-Captain America scrawny Steve wake up in the alley after being beat up and finding out this was all a concussion induced dream.
Now thats a movie I'd be interested in watching.

Or have that same Steve Rogers wake up in a Hospital after undergoing the Super Soldier treatment and his crazy Doctor just shrug his shoulders in defeat.

"Whoops....I guess that didnt work. Also...you have Cancer now."

Credits.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:31 AM   #2717
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

What was too much? They could have reversed the snap, but part of the deal was not to so Tony didn't lose Morgan.

If you mean just generally in regards to the story telling, this was the cumulation of over 10 years of movies. It was suppose to have a huge impact, not be just whist away as though nothing happened.

I agree the snap should have had much higher ramifications (or alternatively been less than 5 years to avoid some of those questions that will be left mostly unexplored (couples moving on only to have their ex show up in the house, older siblings all of a sudden being younger etc.)) but those should have been explored better after Endgame and is not a fault of Endgame itself. I think Spider-Man being a 'light comedy' with the easy "hand-waving" of the impacts was stupid, but again I don't blame that on Endgame.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:32 AM   #2718
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Now thats a movie I'd be interested in watching.

Or have that same Steve Rogers wake up in a Hospital after undergoing the Super Soldier treatment and his crazy Doctor just shrug his shoulders in defeat.

"Whoops....I guess that didnt work. Also...you have Cancer now."

Credits.
Whatever it takes to get Stanley Tucci back in the MCU works for me.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #2719
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Whatever it takes to get Stanley Tucci back in the MCU works for me.
Agreed. But I thought the post-credits scene of Steve Rogers doing Chemo would have gotten a bit dark for the MCU.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #2720
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Agreed. But I thought the post-credits scene of Steve Rogers doing Chemo would have gotten a bit dark for the MCU.
Too dark? I hope not. I'm hoping they'll do the Spider-Man reign storyline and have MJ receive cancer due to Peter's radioactive jizz...