Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #501
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Finally took the plunge on Playstation VR due to the combo of decent black friday sales + shoppers super redemption weekend...and have to say in my limited time with it yesterday I really enjoyed it.

Played the Battlefront VR mission, and some SuperHot VR and it was a lot of fun and really see the potential there.

Now just hope to get Astro Bot for Christmas or that it goes on sale boxing day.
Tetris Effect. That is all.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2018, 08:50 PM   #502
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Has anyone ever just stopped enjoying video games? Over the past while I just don't care to play.

The only game I've played since 2013 is FIFA. I buy the new one each year, and then this year I haven't bothered yet to get 19. My Xbox has become a glorified Netflix machine.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Traditional_Ale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 06:56 AM   #503
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fortifications in bfv add a nice small twist to defending objectives. I like it
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #504
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Has anyone ever just stopped enjoying video games? Over the past while I just don't care to play.
I go through peaks & valleys with it. I try to take breaks for a while then the excitement comes back.

I find gaming to be more of a seasonal thing with me; during the spring/summer I don't play much. I hate when a game I'm really excited for drops a summer release date. Gaming is kind of a cold weather thing for me which helps keep it fresh.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #505
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was actually going into a video game dryspell until I found Escape from Tarkov. Now I'm beginning to dream in Russian.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:08 PM   #506
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Tetris Effect. That is all.
Quite literally the most I've played Tetris since I got a Gameboy in 1990.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #507
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting to see that critics have fallen out of love with Bethesda finally. Maybe the checks didn’t clear in time?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:18 AM   #508
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

some got through https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/24/1...-76-solo-guide
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:23 PM   #509
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Interesting to see that critics have fallen out of love with Bethesda finally. Maybe the checks didn’t clear in time?
Or maybe, just maybe they finally delivered a dud?
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 12:44 PM   #510
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I have been going through this as well. I think I posted about it back in December or January that I was finding no joy or entertainment in video games anymore.

I didn't touch my PS4 until September when I bought PES 19.

I played that quite a bit and still play that occasionally.

I had been looking forward to RDR2 for years and was excited to play it when it was released... but I just haven't had the same connection with gaming for a long time. I am only around 30% in RDR2 and go days without even thinking of playing it.

I know it's an amazing game and that a couple friends play it constantly.. I am just meh about it.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 02:07 PM   #511
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
I have been going through this as well. I think I posted about it back in December or January that I was finding no joy or entertainment in video games anymore.

I didn't touch my PS4 until September when I bought PES 19.

I played that quite a bit and still play that occasionally.

I had been looking forward to RDR2 for years and was excited to play it when it was released... but I just haven't had the same connection with gaming for a long time. I am only around 30% in RDR2 and go days without even thinking of playing it.

I know it's an amazing game and that a couple friends play it constantly.. I am just meh about it.
I was like this with Persona 5. Played and beat P4 Golden multiple times years ago and was so jacked for this P5 to come out. Bought it a year ago and have played maybe 4 hrs.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #512
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I was like this with Persona 5. Played and beat P4 Golden multiple times years ago and was so jacked for this P5 to come out. Bought it a year ago and have played maybe 4 hrs.
I'm pissed at P5 because it took me a while to understand the game mechanics and now I'm boned. I got to the end boss and don't have enough SP to beat him, and I don't have a save point where I can go back and farm more restore items.

Basically 90 hours sunk into a game I can't complete, which is one of the most hilariously frustrating things to happen to me with a video game in a long time.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 12:15 PM   #513
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I'm pissed at P5 because it took me a while to understand the game mechanics and now I'm boned. I got to the end boss and don't have enough SP to beat him, and I don't have a save point where I can go back and farm more restore items.

Basically 90 hours sunk into a game I can't complete, which is one of the most hilariously frustrating things to happen to me with a video game in a long time.
Just curious what difficulty you selected?
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:17 PM   #514
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Just curious what difficulty you selected?
Pretty sure I just selected normal. It's 100% my fault for not creating multiple save points.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #515
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

On another note, did anyone else find Shadow of War extremely repetitive? I was a big fan of Shadow of Mordor but this one feels like way more of a grind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #516
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Finally took the plunge on Playstation VR due to the combo of decent black friday sales + shoppers super redemption weekend...and have to say in my limited time with it yesterday I really enjoyed it.

Played the Battlefront VR mission, and some SuperHot VR and it was a lot of fun and really see the potential there.

Now just hope to get Astro Bot for Christmas or that it goes on sale boxing day.
Between Astro Bot and Beat Saber I might say I enjoyed my PSVR games more than my non-vr games this year... and it was a really good year.

Beat Saber is just unbelievably satisfying. If you were into the rhythm music genre at all it's a must buy.

Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:11 PM   #517
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty sure I just selected normal. It's 100% my fault for not creating multiple save points.
False, it’s 100% bad game design to basically block you from finishing because you didn’t create a save point in the right spot and can’t go back.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 04:15 PM   #518
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
On another note, did anyone else find Shadow of War extremely repetitive? I was a big fan of Shadow of Mordor but this one feels like way more of a grind.
Somewhat. Shadow of Mordor was repetitive during the gameplay early on, shadow of war didn’t get numbingly repetitive until that ridiculously boring endgame. Up until that point I really loved it but stopped immediately there and watched the ending on YouTube.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #519
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shadow of War was originally designed to extract money out of players through microtransactions that were built into the nemesis system as it was at launch. Eventually, they removed that mechanic and tried to re-build the game so that it would work properly without that design, but I gather it just wasn't possible to quite get it all the way there (as it probably would have been if they'd built it as a game to begin with, rather than a mechanism for squeezing more cash out of people who'd already paid $60+ up front).
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:25 PM   #520
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Somewhat. Shadow of Mordor was repetitive during the gameplay early on, shadow of war didn’t get numbingly repetitive until that ridiculously boring endgame. Up until that point I really loved it but stopped immediately there and watched the ending on YouTube.
Are you talking about the "Shadow Wars" epilogue business? Because I just started on that and it pretty much made me want to throw my controller in disgust. To Corsi's point, that's the point in the game you can really tell is built for microtransactions because it's basically do that or spend hundreds of hours farming XP to finish the game.