Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-10-2020, 07:58 PM   #121
Danijam
Backup Goalie

Exp:

This one seems counterintuitive. After Premier Kenney did his 'modelling' announcement on Tuesday, I've had a sudden irrational fear of the commute I'll be going back to after the quarantine is over. Like tossing and turning every night. My commute is not even that hellish, it just eats up so much of every day. And getting dressed up again to go downtown; that's also part of my irrational nighttime mental chaos.
Danijam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:24 PM   #122
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I keep having this dream where I wake on a hot summer day only to see armed men in vehicles patrolling the streets yelling over a loud speaker telling everyone to stay inside and in isolation. "Stay inside or you will face a fine." I run outside in my underwear with my 5 iron waving at people in the vehicle and I hear a gunshot, then I wake up.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #123
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I keep having this dream where I wake on a hot summer day only to see armed men in vehicles patrolling the streets yelling over a loud speaker telling everyone to stay inside and in isolation. "Stay inside or you will face a fine." I run outside in my underwear with my 5 iron waving at people in the vehicle and I hear a gunshot, then I wake up.
Sounds to me like someone is anxious about golf season coming up
Old 04-11-2020, 04:05 PM   #124
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old food. I once left a Tupperware container of leftover chicken and rice in the back of my fridge for easily over a year, maybe more. One day I was cleaning out the fridge and found it. When I opened the lid it released a gas/smell that made me instantly and horrifically projectile vomit. Ever since then I cannot deal with old food. I can actually make myself vomit pretty much on command if I think about it the right way. I'm getting queasy typing this post.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 03:23 AM   #125
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goats. I used to have a recurring nightmare as a child where an 8 foot tall, upright-walking, pitch-black goat, named "Goatly (maybe Goatlee?)" would show up and absolutely wreck my ####. I murdered him one night and he stopped showing up but they still freak me out.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:25 AM   #126
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional_Ale View Post
Old food. I once left a Tupperware container of leftover chicken and rice in the back of my fridge for easily over a year, maybe more....
Are you single? No way something like that can remain that long with my wife. She knows where everything is in our fridge. No way anything lasts that long.

How do you feel about canned and other food products that don’t have to be refrigerated? We have huge shelved food stocks, which is handy in a lockdown . We’re using relish now that’s five years past its best-before date and it’s fine. I’m using an almond milk that’s two years past, also fine. (This lockdown is an opportunity to clear out our shelves and freezer. Obviously 😉.)
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:56 AM   #127
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm, that’s interesting, Money. I just threw out a bunch of canned beans out of paranoia.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:52 PM   #128
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are you single? No way something like that can remain that long with my wife. She knows where everything is in our fridge. No way anything lasts that long.

How do you feel about canned and other food products that don’t have to be refrigerated? We have huge shelved food stocks, which is handy in a lockdown . We’re using relish now that’s five years past its best-before date and it’s fine. I’m using an almond milk that’s two years past, also fine. (This lockdown is an opportunity to clear out our shelves and freezer. Obviously 😉.)

Canned goods are on a case by case basis. If its some kind of beans I'd be more inclined than fruit, although for both I'd be getting someone else to open and check first. If the jar was kept in the dark I suppose I'd feel the same, but would be more wary for no logical reason. Not a chance I would touch any liquid except maybe broth if it was two years past.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
Traditional_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:20 AM   #129
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 04-16-2020, 10:18 AM   #130
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

My only fear is heights, but that’s not irrational given that falling from great height would be terrifying and the resulting collision with the ground generally results in death.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:15 AM   #131
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Accurate... too accurate

Link
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:35 PM   #132
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

Not a fear per-say, but this goes back to being a bused kid in elementary school.

When driving past a cemetery, I lift my feet off the floorboards, same thing with going over rail road tracks. Try doing this going past Queen's Park Cemetery on 4th Street!

The funny thing is I visit that cemetery on a yearly basis and don't do it IN the cemetery, only driving past it.
GrrlGoalie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:26 PM   #133
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Experiencing Sleep Paralysis

It’s where you’re physically woken up but you’re still in your REM sleep and your brain is acting in dream mode. Typically this is paired with hallucinations. Unfortunately, the nightmarish kind

Went through this once as a teen and I couldn’t move. I simply woke and stared at the ceiling with my mind trapped in this loop where I was splitting the same geometric object in half and continuously in half with no end. luckily my dad came to check up on me and forced to wake me up worried as I wasn’t responding to him speaking to me.

Reading up on this now as an adult, it’s just creepy hearing stories of people seeing ghosts, demons, monsters... etc...

[spoilers]
[/spoilers]

Last edited by Scorch; 05-05-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote