Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #1761
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Bitcoin going up is relevant to all coins...if you don't get this you don't understand crypto markets

What do I know though

Up after going down? No coin that I have told people on here to buy has gone down below the point I have told them to buy at. Ever.

Anyway, should be a big run until the end of November...take that info or leave it
BTC hasn’t even broken its April peak from this year so I don’t know what you’re getting excited about. You’ve been on pause for 6-7 months and are just getting back square to your peak, predicting big runs again just because. Meanwhile some other major ones are up 200+% since April so not even tracking to BTC.

What do you know though? You don’t tell us. Just that it’s going up. Or that you were right once on a 50/50 situation. Like a weatherman. Hard up for validation.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 12:12 AM   #1762
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
BTC hasn’t even broken its April peak from this year so I don’t know what you’re getting excited about. You’ve been on pause for 6-7 months and are just getting back square to your peak, predicting big runs again just because. Meanwhile some other major ones are up 200+% since April so not even tracking to BTC.

What do you know though? You don’t tell us. Just that it’s going up. Or that you were right once on a 50/50 situation. Like a weatherman. Hard up for validation.
Well I haven't told anyone here to buy BTC in almost 2 years and haven't bought myself in 4 . I have told people to buy other stuff that is all up exponentially.

BTC is always a factor in the crypto market though, its #1

I have profited off Crypto more than anyone on CP so don't talk to me about peaks and on pause...even if your $50 investment is up 200%

I am always going to clap back at the people that told me I was dumb to buy bitcoin for $1500 because it was above peak bubble especially since they still talk trash, see you at the end of November...should be entertaining in here.

Last edited by dino7c; 10-16-2021 at 12:38 AM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 06:58 AM   #1763
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have profited off Crypto more than anyone on CP so don't talk to me about peaks and on pause...even if your $50 investment is up 200%
A) you don't know that. Being the most arrogant and vocal doesn't make this comment true.

B) unless you cash out you've made $0.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 07:13 AM   #1764
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Well I haven't told anyone here to buy BTC in almost 2 years and haven't bought myself in 4 . I have told people to buy other stuff that is all up exponentially.

I am always going to clap back at the people that told me I was dumb to buy bitcoin for $1500 because it was above peak bubble especially since they still talk trash, see you at the end of November...should be entertaining in here.
You used the word “I” five times is this last post. Cool down on the the humble brags and just comment on the crypto topics.

(Or at least talk about yourself in the third person to make it more entertaining.)

Last edited by Yoho; 10-16-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 07:36 AM   #1765
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Lol how the eff do you know that. The smart people keep their mouth shut.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2021, 01:09 PM   #1766
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I give zero bits about the financial statements of a rando on the internet. Tens of thousands of people worldwide have made that amount you’re up in the last few seconds. They exist; I don’t care. I don’t need to discuss my personal financial situation with a hockey forum either. You should have bought BTC at sub $100 though.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:03 PM   #1767
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
What happens then that might end the run? What's driving this one?
It could be from people remembering about the tax problems for crypto traders that made huge paper (but taxable) profits in the 2017 bull run and lost it all in the 2018 crash, but still had to pay IRS the taxes for 2017.

Last edited by accord1999; 10-16-2021 at 02:07 PM.
accord1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:09 PM   #1768
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

First off. Congrats. You did great. Second I know people who have a Calgarypuck username and lurk here that have done better than you (not myself, I was all talk not action on cryptos). I don’t mind you bragging. But your bragging is likely the dumbest thing you are doing. You’re just making yourself a target for 1) people to be annoyed by you. 2) you are causing yourself a potential security risk bragging about what you have.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:32 PM   #1769
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone have current thoughts or opinions on Vechain (VET) and Harmony (ONE)?? Looking to diversify some holdings a bit and these two have caught my attention.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:45 PM   #1770
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
A) you don't know that. Being the most arrogant and vocal doesn't make this comment true.

B) unless you cash out you've made $0.
Its a pretty safe bet IMO (no pun)

I have

I only boast here because I was mocked here for many of my buys in the early days...that was allowed, its directed at a few posters. Just breaking balls, won't do it again....won't be sharing any of my buys here either.

Sorry to anyone I offended

BTC $76,000 Canadian

Last edited by dino7c; 10-17-2021 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:26 AM   #1771
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

$0.25 DOGE AMIrite?!
Old 10-20-2021, 11:40 PM   #1772
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Its a pretty safe bet IMO (no pun)

I have

I only boast here because I was mocked here for many of my buys in the early days...that was allowed, its directed at a few posters. Just breaking balls, won't do it again....won't be sharing any of my buys here either.

Sorry to anyone I offended

BTC $76,000 Canadian
Don’t stop posting Dino, at least one lurker appreciates your posts. You do you, but I have found a little bit of humility goes a long way in life.

I would be described as a newb in the crypto world; no small coins, no wallet, no direct holdings, just a couple of ETF’s. I take the posts here a little like Cole’s notes and they are helpful.

It looks like you have made some great calls with your crypto. Look after yourself and look after your family, but, if I may, instead of filling your garage with fancy cars and your closets with fancy watches, find a cause you are passionate about and use it to do some good. Fund housing for at risk youth transitioning to the adult system, fund supports for people fleeing domestic violence, fund housing for our veterans so they can live out their last years with dignity or so our young veterans can get back on their feet. Whatever floats your boat.

I think at the end of your days, if your prowess in the crypto markets helped change 10, 20, 2000 lives, it would be more meaningful and outweigh any criticism received on an online forum.

Just my two cents.

And BTC $80,000 CAD
Reggie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie28 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 06:31 AM   #1773
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been dabbling a lot in FTMs ecosystem lately. Seen a 300% return on $Spirit earlier this month, and then a leap on $DEATH turned into a 400% return for me yesterday (before it fell back a bit). Unfortunately I only committed a few hundo but I ain't complaining, it bought me another GPU for my mining rack since MemEx got a massive shipment in yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:53 AM   #1774
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 10:54 AM   #1775
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Selling NFTs of dino7c’s posts. PM me to buy now before they’re worth a million.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #1776
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Selling NFTs of dino7c’s posts. PM me to buy now before they’re worth a million.
They already were, you just didn't follow my advice
Old 10-21-2021, 12:36 PM   #1777
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They already were, you just didn't follow my advice
The best advice is to not follow your advice.
Old 10-21-2021, 12:46 PM   #1778
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The best advice is to not follow your advice.
I have basically posted three calls to buy in this thread

Buy BTC early 2017
Buy Ethereum in 2018
Buy Cardano in 2019/2020

and hold, for now

bad advice? so far so good

Last edited by dino7c; 10-21-2021 at 01:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #1779
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/martin...buyers-for-4m/
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #1780
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have basically posted three calls to buy in this thread

Buy BTC early 2017
Buy Ethereum in 2018
Buy Cardano in 2019/2020

and hold, for now

bad advice? so far so good
You posted all of that with zero cred. Why anyone would have bought BTC early 2017 purely because they read a hockey forum post from you saying to do so, I have no idea. People in good financial standing didn’t get there by looking for scattered tweet level calls.

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum