Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #221
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Some people saying only ordering a small Hawaiian? I’m not sure any of those people have had pizza at a gathering. Hawaiian should probably be the first candidate to have an extra pizza if the quantities of total pizzas outnumber the total number of flavours being ordered.
It's not a problem whenever I've been to one but people are complaining about there being leftovers that nobody wants because the people who aren't haters are too full from taking slices from others.

If you don't have enough people who would eat a full sized Hawaiian getting a smaller one helps solve that problem.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:21 PM   #222
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Every time we've had people/parties at our house over the last 20 years Hawaiian/pineapple is the leftover pizza probably about 90-95% of the time. One or two people want it, have a slice or two and then leave for greener pastures ie. meat lovers, deluxe, etc.

Then it sits there in the fridge, I have too many wobbly pops, open the fridge in the middle of the night looking for a snack, then have to spend time picking that garbage off the pizza so I can stomach it.......and I can still taste it. Thank god for the booze to wash it down.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 06:30 PM   #223
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Most of the pineapple complainers are really complaining about guests with terrible food sharing etiquette.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 06:41 PM   #224
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Every time we've had people/parties at our house over the last 20 years Hawaiian/pineapple is the leftover pizza probably about 90-95% of the time. One or two people want it, have a slice or two and then leave for greener pastures ie. meat lovers, deluxe, etc.

Then it sits there in the fridge, I have too many wobbly pops, open the fridge in the middle of the night looking for a snack, then have to spend time picking that garbage off the pizza so I can stomach it.......and I can still taste it. Thank god for the booze to wash it down.
Like you, Gordon Ramsay required alcohol too as he had mouthwash on hand when he ate Hawaiian Pizza for a charity.

https://www.bravotv.com/blogs/watch-...ple-pizza-live

Quote:
Last week, Gordon Ramsay issued a challenge on Instagram, announcing that if he received 500 donations to the Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity within 48 hours, he would do the unthinkable: eat “a ######ing god-awful PINEAPPLE pizza,” as he so eloquently put it, and stream it live on Facebook.

To no one's surprise, Ramsay hit his goal handily. Rabid Ramsay fans, of course, are only too happy to see the grumpy chef suffer—and complain about it loudly, in trademark Ramsay fashion. So the chef held up his end of the bargain, reluctantly eating a couple bites of the "piece of…sugar" (no swearing!) during a Facebook Live segment. "It's like eating moose turds," he proclaims, referring to the Canadian provenance of pineapple pizza.

Gordon Ramsay Is Now a Guinness World Record Holder — and No, It's Not for Cursing
Frankly, we're disappointed—we wanted to see Ramsay chow down on an entire slice, instead of taking dainty bites with a fork and knife.

But the mouthy chef did come prepared: He whips out a bottle of mouthwash and takes a hearty swig, spitting the remains out into what we hope is a spit bucket on the floor.
"like eating Moose Turds". That's what one of the greatest chefs in the world described eating Pineapple on a Pizza

Found the video

Last edited by Pizza; 05-26-2020 at 06:49 PM.
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pizza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 06:52 PM   #225
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
A pizza is basically a sandwich. Bread, sauce of some sort, cheese, meat, veggies. You can put whatever you want on a sandwich and no one gets upset. Why is pizza so special? And don't bring the Italians into this.

Probably because pizza a standard "we need food for everyone" meal unlike a sandwich that you're generally making for yourself or family. So odd topping choices are often pushed on the group rather than one person.

And the guy who mentioned the people that insist on some oddball or unpopular choice ALWAYS end up taking one, maybe two slices of that kind and then go right for some normal pizza, leaving the good pizza cleaned out and everyone staring at veggie and one off kinds.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:56 PM   #226
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
It's been discussed before. Pizza is a communal food. It always goes like this.

5 people watching hockey or sitting around before lunch at work decide to order pizza.

Person 1: So 2 large is enough? Maybe let's get 3 so we can have left-overs.
Person 2: Sweet, OK which toppings should we get? Everyone OK with pepperoni?
Person 3 & 1: yeah that's cool.
Person 4: how about a deluxe?
Person 3, 2 and 1: yeah I'm ok with that.
Person 5: How about bbq chicken?
Person 1 and 3: Gross. Can we not?
Person 5: Come on man, bbq chicken pizza is the best. We need to get that. That's why I even wanted pizza in the first place. If we don't get that then I'm out.
Person 2 and 4: I don't really care, I'll just eat whatever.

So the 3 pizzas show up. Person 5 eats two slices of his bbq chicken and one slice of the others. Person 2 eats one slice of bbq chicken and realizes it's gross. Person 1, 3 and 4 don't touch it. All of a sudden you're out of the good pizzas and the only left overs are the nasty bbq chicken.

Wow, has this thread ever moved quickly. Yes, this.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:00 PM   #227
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcKNoVa View Post

Horrible. I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Most of the pineapple complainers are really complaining about guests with terrible food sharing etiquette.
It's what Pineapple on Pizza do to people. It makes you a worse human being

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 PM   #228
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

See, the veggie thing can be circumnavigated by going with feta and tomato. That's just a hell of a good pizza, especially when it's Greek style pizza with that heavy dense crust. Problem solved. Although, honestly, I don't mind a veggie pizza for the most part; I just happen to really not like mushrooms, so that usually ruins it for me.

I have never experienced this BBQ chicken thing, but I also am not a big fan of BBQ chicken pizza (or for that matter, any pizza with BBQ sauce in place of tomato sauce). I just don't know if I've ever been in a group where someone insisted on it being ordered.

Hey, can you guys believe I got through that whole post about my personal preferences regarding pizza toppings without whining and complaining about the things other people like? Amazing, right? Based on certain posters, you'd think such things were totally impossible.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #229
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
See, the veggie thing can be circumnavigated by going with feta and tomato. That's just a hell of a good pizza, especially when it's Greek style pizza with that heavy dense crust. Problem solved. Although, honestly, I don't mind a veggie pizza for the most part; I just happen to really not like mushrooms, so that usually ruins it for me.

I have never experienced this BBQ chicken thing, but I also am not a big fan of BBQ chicken pizza (or for that matter, any pizza with BBQ sauce in place of tomato sauce). I just don't know if I've ever been in a group where someone insisted on it being ordered.

Hey, can you guys believe I got through that whole post about my personal preferences regarding pizza toppings without whining and complaining about the things other people like? Amazing, right? Based on certain posters, you'd think such things were totally impossible.
Tomato and feta sounds like a pretty boring pizza. Your choices are not approved.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:11 PM   #230
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I'll have you all know that the most distinguished and palatable pie in existence is the sautéed grape, salmon, caramel, and coriander pizza.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:13 PM   #231
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve definitely got burnt with the leftover Hawaiian on a few occasions. Now I’m at the point where if I have friends over I just pick and choose the order. Mainly because I’ll be paying for it and don’t want to throw out crap later. The only exception will be if a vegetarian or someone with dietary concerns come over. Then it’s cheese pizza all day. None of that vegetarian ####. Because cheese pizza is dope.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:17 PM   #232
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Tomato and feta sounds like a pretty boring pizza. Your choices are not approved.
Well, it sounds like you've never had it, so you have no standing here, sir.

That said, I've seen variations with some combination of green peppers, black olives, kalamata olives, spinach... even chicken, although that sort of defeats the purpose if you're using it as your veggie option. All good stuff. But I think it was just that my dad always ordered a meat lovers and a feta and tomato when I was a kid, so it's partly a nostagia thing.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:04 PM   #233
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post

It depends how many kids are there are at the party as well. They seem to love that stuff. I always assume it was just an easy way to get kids to eat something bland with a little fruit on it.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 05-26-2020 at 08:12 PM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #234
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is objectionable about the pineapple on the pizza. I get indifference or not your favourite but what in pineapple is off putting that makes it not taste good?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 08:21 PM   #235
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

2nd round is up, and only 2 of the write in pies made it through (Perogy and Brooklyn Pepperoni). Pepperoni also made a hell of a statement in taking down the well rounded deluxe rather easily.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:25 PM   #236
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

The bottom of the Bracket is pretty soft with a lot of non-traditional pizzas.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #237
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
What is objectionable about the pineapple on the pizza. I get indifference or not your favourite but what in pineapple is off putting that makes it not taste good?
Texture, the flavour of pineapple is really good (bbq'd with cinnamon..) but on pizza once its shriveled, its like biting into a fruity zit. Gross.

The best pineapple ive ever had was maybe picked a day earlier in costa rica. We went back to the farmers stand and bought 5 more the next day and that was a breakfast staple every day.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 05-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #238
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have to say, Hawaiian is having an easy few rounds here. First against seafood, and now bare dough and sauce. I think this is rigged.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flamingred89 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 09:07 PM   #239
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's the link! https://www.polltab.com/bracket-poll/-CpH_BuD0W
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:12 PM   #240
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Have to say, Hawaiian is having an easy few rounds here. First against seafood, and now bare dough and sauce. I think this is rigged.

I don’t even know what the hell a seafood pizza is. I have seen shrimp, but... that’s the extent of the seafood.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote