Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #141
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
This is so stupid. Go to post #18 and you will get your answer who talked guarantees. I took an issue with that dumb post. Sue me.

You guys are basically disagreeing with someone who said "hold your f'n horses before putting this guy on the team". Yet you laugh when Oilfans talk about yamamoto or some other new shiny toy on their team.

What a bunch of maroons !!!
Quote:
What argument did I put forward? That a 25 year old with 0 NHL success may not pan out?

Is this seriously being questioned? WTF people? Worse than HFoil homers.
lol

Oiler homers? Yeah sure haha

Old 07-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #142
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It is called lip service. What the heck did you expect them to say about a new shiny toy?

You are embarrassing if you can't see that.
Complete and utter nonsense.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #143
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What argument did I put forward? That a 25 year old with 0 NHL success may not pan out?
You have a strange definition of success.

Relative to his limited opportunity, he has had success. Last year in 98 5-on-5 minutes, he had three assists for a 1.83 P/60. To put this into perspective, this would have been the fourth-best point production rate of anyone to log 75+ minutes on the Calgary Flames after Gaudreau (2.46), Monahan (2.20), and Ferland (2.06). This was more 5v5 productivity per minute than current roster players' production last year including Neal (1.78), Tkachuk (1.69), Ryan (1.59), Lindholm (1.48), Backlund (1.47), Bennett (1.35), Jankowski (1.34).

In addition, when Czarnik was on the ice, the Bruins posted a 58% CF and 54% xGF%. Matthew Tkachuk led the Flames forwards in these categories with 57.2% CF and 53.6% xGF. Of course Tkachuk has a bigger sample size and against better competition but the obvious point to be made is that if you're making your team outshoot the opposition when you are on the ice, it's usually a sign that you are anticipating in the passing lanes, winning races, winning puck battles, and generally making solid plays in the neutral zone with the puck. All.. you know.. indicators of so-called "NHL success". Which I would rate higher than zero.

And of course you're going to point out that Czarnik only played 98 minutes last year and therefore the sample is meaningless. You're right. That's also why any claim he has had zero success is meaningless.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 07:17 PM   #144
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It is called lip service. What the heck did you expect them to say about a new shiny toy?

You are embarrassing if you can't see that.
Ha. That's ironic.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #145
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinL_NHL View Post
Ha. That's ironic.
Oh you got me. Sorry, but I am not in grade school anymore like yourself so spelling has slipped a bit.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:05 PM   #146
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
You have a strange definition of success.

Relative to his limited opportunity, he has had success. Last year in 98 5-on-5 minutes, he had three assists for a 1.83 P/60. To put this into perspective, this would have been the fourth-best point production rate of anyone to log 75+ minutes on the Calgary Flames after Gaudreau (2.46), Monahan (2.20), and Ferland (2.06). This was more 5v5 productivity per minute than current roster players' production last year including Neal (1.78), Tkachuk (1.69), Ryan (1.59), Lindholm (1.48), Backlund (1.47), Bennett (1.35), Jankowski (1.34).

In addition, when Czarnik was on the ice, the Bruins posted a 58% CF and 54% xGF%. Matthew Tkachuk led the Flames forwards in these categories with 57.2% CF and 53.6% xGF. Of course Tkachuk has a bigger sample size and against better competition but the obvious point to be made is that if you're making your team outshoot the opposition when you are on the ice, it's usually a sign that you are anticipating in the passing lanes, winning races, winning puck battles, and generally making solid plays in the neutral zone with the puck. All.. you know.. indicators of so-called "NHL success". Which I would rate higher than zero.

And of course you're going to point out that Czarnik only played 98 minutes last year and therefore the sample is meaningless. You're right. That's also why any claim he has had zero success is meaningless.
Well I look at it this way. Should have been drafted 7 years ago (didnt for some reason) so it's draft + 7. He has 5 goals. You call that success? Ok then, i don't.

And again, no issues with Czarnik. The hype is what I don't get.

Last edited by Red; 07-06-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #147
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well I look at it this way. Should have been drafted 7 years ago (didnt for some reason) so it's draft + 7. He has 5 goals. You call that success? Ok then, i don't.

And again, no issues with Czarnik. The hype is what I don't get.
24 NHL front offices wanted to sign the kid.
Brad Treliving and Bill Peters flew to Michigan to meet him personally.
They had a detailed plan for him and how they envisioned he fit with the Flames.
Treliving says openly they think with the right opportunity he could very well break out.
Peters says he's an elite powerplay guy with his skill set and plans to use him accordingly.
In 4 years of college he had point per game numbers.
In 3 years of ahl he put up better numbers than Marchessault did at the same age.
His underlying numbers so far in the NHL are very promising.

But you dont understand why some of us are excited that we signed this guy?

Because of all of the above reasons and also because some of us knew who he was before July 1st.

He might not make it. He might fail. But there is nothing wrong with us being excited about it and believing Tre and Peters when they say he's going to get a legit shot here if he earns it.

Can we put this to bed now?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2018, 09:55 AM   #148
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Put what to bed? That he may or may not make it? He has to earn it?

Deal.

As if I said any different? But whatever.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #149
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Put what to bed? That he may or may not make it? He has to earn it?

Deal.

As if I said any different? But whatever.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #150
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Funny, I just found this bookmarked on my old laptop. Pure gold
Old 11-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #151
The_Rug
Draft Pick

This is, without a doubt, the worst bump I have ever seen.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Rug For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2020, 09:09 PM   #152
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rug View Post
This is, without a doubt, the worst bump I have ever seen.
15 posts in 5 years and I got you to respond. I'm satisfied
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread