Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2022, 06:02 PM   #681
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

In my eyes, having a relative killed by a drunk driver, it is murder. He operated a motor vehicle while intoxicated, knowing full well it could end up killing someone.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2022, 06:11 PM   #682
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
In my eyes, having a relative killed by a drunk driver, it is murder. He operated a motor vehicle while intoxicated, knowing full well it could end up killing someone.
So every drunk driver is an attempted murderer - got it.

While vehicular homicide/drunk driving causing death are horrible crimes, murder is a specific offence requiring intent to kill. Your opinion isn’t what the law says.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2022, 06:22 PM   #683
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
In my eyes, having a relative killed by a drunk driver, it is murder.
In my eyes, having some yahoo on the Internet blatantly misuse words and then waste bandwidth to double down on his own bogus definition, it is torture. Do you agree that you're a torturer?
Old 01-12-2022, 06:32 PM   #684
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
In my eyes, having some yahoo on the Internet blatantly misuse words and then waste bandwidth to double down on his own bogus definition, it is torture. Do you agree that you're a torturer?
I'll take the title of torturer any day, especially if it is torturing you.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:37 PM   #685
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'll take the title of torturer any day, especially if it is torturing you.
Then turn yourself in and plead guilty. You admit to being a torturer, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison under the Criminal Code of Canada (sec. 269).

Either that, or admit that you don't get to decide what constitutes murder.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:40 PM   #686
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Then turn yourself in and plead guilty. You admit to being a torturer, which is punishable by up to 10 years in prison under the Criminal Code of Canada (sec. 269).

Either that, or admit that you don't get to decide what constitutes murder.
Never, to both of your requests! A true torturer can not get his fill while sitting in a cell.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:41 PM   #687
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Never, to both of your requests! A true torturer can not get his fill while sitting in a cell.
All right. Your claim that McTavish is a murderer is very nearly as stupid as your claim that you yourself are a torturer. And we all know how much attention to pay to your rantings from now on.
Old 01-12-2022, 06:49 PM   #688
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
All right. Your claim that McTavish is a murderer is very nearly as stupid as your claim that you yourself are a torturer. And we all know how much attention to pay to your rantings from now on.
Pay no attention to my rants, opinions or thoughts. From now on let's all put me on the ignore list.

This way! You don't have to be bothered by my posts!

Last edited by Since1984; 01-12-2022 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:59 PM   #689
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think after signing Kane I also predict the Oilers will pick up Kodak Black off the waiver wire.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 02:39 AM   #690
boogerz
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalTates View Post
Yes, so the extremely well documented cab driver incident and the international news rape allegation that even the prosecutor casted doubts on after the woman and her mother’s stories came crashing down.

Neither swept under the rug unlike E. Kane’s who’s at least 8 alleged assaults (or worse) didn’t garner a tenth of the media attention of P. Kane’s.

Again he seems to have the facts confused.

Neither of those incidents follow Patrick Kane around despite what an obviously toxic individual he is in his personal life. You didn't even remember those incidents until someone else reminded you because they've essentially been swept under the rug/forgotten by public consciousness. If P. Kane has verifiably assaulted two people, there must be more...right...?

Then, when you refer to Evander Kane in the same post, you use a bunch of rumors or alleged events...none of which have proven except for the 2013 bar fight. Lots of hockey players are involved in bar fights that go relatively unreported in the media, with two examples of that being Ferland and Phaneuf. What is so different about E. Kane's bar fight that necessitated as much media coverage as it received...?

Also, none of E. Kane's ex-wife's claims have been corroborated. In fact, the courts granted him a restraining order against her, as well as full custody of their child because she's mentally unwell. For things to be so bad that a US court grants full custody to a father like that, much less a father with as many perceived character issues as E. Kane, invalidates every accusation that she's made.

The premise of my response to Loob was that (1) E. Kane unfairly has significantly more public scrutiny on his life because he is "different" (i.e. black), and (2) the public are unjustly vilifying E. Kane for acting in the same manner as his white peers because of that enhanced media scrutiny.

Thanks for proving my point with your responses. Carry on...
boogerz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to boogerz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 04:02 AM   #691
Stampede2TheCup
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Over and over again in this thread people keep mentioning NHL players have done something regrettable and then gone on to still play in the NHL. The key difference is with most or all of them they were incidents in the past that the player at least appeared to learned from. These are not comparable to Kane, who has steadily and repeatedly done negative things right up until this moment to get him here. I think he shows no signs of stopping his negative behavior.

I didn't particularly like when the Flames signed Bertuzzi, but it would have been another thing completely if he kept angrily jumping on players backs or cheap-shotting guys while he was here. That's what Kane is doing, doubling down on his old problems. He's a gambler in a hole that hasn't lost his ego. He's still a ticking time bomb in my opinion, a wounded animal, - and possibly in a more desperate state than ever. He's shown little to no signs that he's learned or changed from his mistakes. He now just has a deeper hole to make himself more desperate.

Last edited by Stampede2TheCup; 01-13-2022 at 04:05 AM.
Stampede2TheCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:23 AM   #692
Gemnoble
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
So every drunk driver is an attempted murderer - got it.

While vehicular homicide/drunk driving causing death are horrible crimes, murder is a specific offence requiring intent to kill. Your opinion isn’t what the law says.
If someone shoots a gun off randomly in the air and one of those bullets kills someone it is infact murder by negligence. Similar situation to drink driving.

I'm also a cousin short because of a drunk driver, the driver showed zero remorse and got away with a slap on the wrist and the law is wrong. Laws change for a reason.
Gemnoble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:08 AM   #693
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerz View Post
Neither of those incidents follow Patrick Kane around despite what an obviously toxic individual he is in his personal life. You didn't even remember those incidents until someone else reminded you because they've essentially been swept under the rug/forgotten by public consciousness. If P. Kane has verifiably assaulted two people, there must be more...right...?
Well, no. I do not believe that P. Kane is "an obviously toxic individual in his personal life." The incidents involving Kane occurred years ago, and things have been pretty quiet in his own personal life since then. It would seem to me that this could rather suggest a change in his behaviour over time. This actually looks a fair bit different than E. Kane, of whom the allegations have been quite consistent and have followed him around since he entered the NHL. I guess it is possible that the League and the media are simply covering for P. Kane, but that seems highly unlikely to me. It seems to me much more plausible that you are exaggerating this particular comparison between the Kanes to construct a narrative that does not actually appear to be borne out of the facts.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 09:18 AM   #694
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL at the people arguing in defense of Kane. The guy is maybe the all time biggest cancer in the NHL.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 09:43 AM   #695
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Then, when you refer to Evander Kane in the same post, you use a bunch of rumors or alleged events...none of which have proven except for the 2013 bar fight. Lots of hockey players are involved in bar fights that go relatively unreported in the media, with two examples of that being Ferland and Phaneuf. What is so different about E. Kane's bar fight that necessitated as much media coverage as it received...?

Also, none of E. Kane's ex-wife's claims have been corroborated. In fact, the courts granted him a restraining order against her, as well as full custody of their child because she's mentally unwell. For things to be so bad that a US court grants full custody to a father like that, much less a father with as many perceived character issues as E. Kane, invalidates every accusation that she's made.

The premise of my response to Loob was that (1) E. Kane unfairly has significantly more public scrutiny on his life because he is "different" (i.e. black), and (2) the public are unjustly vilifying E. Kane for acting in the same manner as his white peers because of that enhanced media scrutiny.

I think that a massive difference is that Evander Kane has so many allegations against him from a variety of people, if it was one or maybe two I would agree that it could likely be flimsy and people looking for a pay day. But the fact that it is person after person who has said something for the better part of a decade leads me to think that perhaps this is an issue with Kane’s character. He is a great hockey player who seems to have a toxic presence when he is around a team for too long.

As for Patrick Kane, I agree that there have been allegations in the past and that does mar his reputation to a certain extent, but they haven’t been of the same volume as Evander Kane’s in my opinion.

You also mentioned how they are all allegations… well I think that shows more of how difficult and onerous it is to prove sexual assault in a courtroom than how Kane is likely innocent.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 09:47 AM   #696
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemnoble View Post
If someone shoots a gun off randomly in the air and one of those bullets kills someone it is infact murder by negligence. Similar situation to drink driving.

I'm also a cousin short because of a drunk driver, the driver showed zero remorse and got away with a slap on the wrist and the law is wrong. Laws change for a reason.
I think that is technically manslaughter. I agree that more needs to be done about drunk driving and I am a firm believer in strict punishments including not being legally allowed to drink alcohol in the future and definitely not being allowed to drive a vehicle. That being said still not murder.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 10:09 AM   #697
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Except I made mention to both incidents, both of which were much bigger stories than anything E.Kane got himself involved in, before being "reminded". You said numerous, there was one incident substantiated and another where the prosecutor had to do an interview to discuss an elaborate hoax presented by the alleged victim's mother before having to say the victim stopped working with them and her story was rife with doubt before dropping the charges.

Quote:
It wasn't a bar fight. The guy was walking home from work according to his statement of claims. Not all that different from P.Kane who's cab incident was far bigger news despite his race.

And none of them have been proven? Not even the one which was substantiated by video that showed him grabbing the women by their arms and hair? He got his charges stayed for staying out of trouble for six months (the one time he seemed to have been able to).
Quote:
Seven people, whose only connection is being allegedly assaulted by Kane, have opened themselves up to perjury charges to say a bankrupt person assaulted them. It's almost like they are doing so because they were assaulted by him.

Rachele Kuechle has pursued justice for 7 years now, soon to get her court date despite knowing that even if the civil case goes her way she's not likely to see much of anything because his bankruptcy.

Quote:

Name one white person in the NHL with seven people who have filled police reports or court affidavits alleging assault that would open themselves up to perjury if they are found to have lied. I'll wait. Then add another ex-girlfriend also alleging abuse for good measure.

Having seven people claim a form of assault puts him in line with Weinstein, Epstein, Prince Andrew...Not random NHL players.
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:46 AM   #698
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate when people derail a thread like this. Go to the off topic forum and debate the definition of murder, falling bullets or god forbid family members lost. Let’s get back to taking about this bozo and how he is a great fit for the Oilers to not solve their defense nor their goaltending.
dustygoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dustygoon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 10:50 AM   #699
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

CP discussion progression:

Kane is a bad teammate
A bad teammate is a bad person
A bad person is dishonest person
A dishonest person is a criminal
A criminal is a murderer