Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-27-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Canada Post bulk deliveries

I stopped at a post office and the lady there knew nothing about this. I thought folks here may have some experience doing this. I'll head over to the CP website but wanted to check here for any advice.

I found this so it seems I'm almost there. I haven't read it yet. https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/...nqualification

I want to do bulk mail deliveries to certain areas of a city. I imagine that I confine my choices by postal codes. Does Canada Post have a map showing all of the postal codes for a city that I can use to make my choices so I can enter my codes in and then head over to the post office with my items?

Advice appreciated.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would think they do.

I work for the US Postal Service and you can get as specific as a certain delivery route to target. There's a tool on our website that helps people map out what they want to do.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

I couldn't find a map of postal codes, but one workaround is to use google maps.

If you click a address/spot in one area, grab the 3 character prefix (ex, T2V) and then search on the map for that prefix, it'll map out the area it applies to. Do this for other areas you want and I assume Canada Post will then be able to tell you how many households and go from there.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I stopped at a post office and the lady there knew nothing about this. I thought folks here may have some experience doing this. I'll head over to the CP website but wanted to check here for any advice.

I found this so it seems I'm almost there. I haven't read it yet. https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/...nqualification

I want to do bulk mail deliveries to certain areas of a city. I imagine that I confine my choices by postal codes. Does Canada Post have a map showing all of the postal codes for a city that I can use to make my choices so I can enter my codes in and then head over to the post office with my items?

Advice appreciated.
Do mail-outs work these days? Even my parents who are seniors throw this stuff straight in the garbage without even browsing through it.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #5
ikaris
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Do mail-outs work these days? Even my parents who are seniors throw this stuff straight in the garbage without even browsing through it.
I just stick this garbage back in the mail slot of my community mailbox. I figure if I have to take the effort to sort it out of my legitimate mail, Canada post can deal with putting it in the garbage as I didn't ask for this crap.
ikaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post
I just stick this garbage back in the mail slot of my community mailbox. I figure if I have to take the effort to sort it out of my legitimate mail, Canada post can deal with putting it in the garbage as I didn't ask for this crap.
Just so you're aware, you can inform Canada Post that you don't want flyers delivered to your slot and you will stop receiving them.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:15 AM   #7
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyfire89 View Post
Just so you're aware, you can inform Canada Post that you don't want flyers delivered to your slot and you will stop receiving them.
Here's how you do this if you're wondering:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/...t=maildelivery

Q: How do I stop receiving advertising mail?
A: To stop getting unaddressed advertising, simply put a note on your mailbox stating that you do not wish to receive Canada Post Neighbourhood Mail™. Place the note in or on your mailbox, or on the inside lip of your community mailbox, group mailbox or postal box.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
Phil1111
Farm Team Player

Exp:

This might be what you're looking for:
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pro...and_rural_deli
I used "canada post householder counts and maps" as a google search.

There are full time CP employees who can help you in this area.

They can work depending on the product or service. You have to target a demographic and geographic area and keep track of response rates. Blanket mailings of huge areas without paying attention to the aforementioned factors can be expensive.

Its effective for targeting seniors, and special promotions in limited geographic areas.
Phil1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:29 PM   #9
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1111 View Post
This might be what you're looking for:
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pro...and_rural_deli
I used "canada post householder counts and maps" as a google search.

There are full time CP employees who can help you in this area.

They can work depending on the product or service. You have to target a demographic and geographic area and keep track of response rates. Blanket mailings of huge areas without paying attention to the aforementioned factors can be expensive.

Its effective for targeting seniors, and special promotions in limited geographic areas.
Thanks, that's helpful. I want every household in certain areas of a city. I'm looked for people over age 18 regardless of other demographics.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #10
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaris View Post
I had to write a note on my mailbox to deter people from doing this as the slot was so clogged I couldn't mail a letter. I started off "Dear Prick".
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #11
Phil1111
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Thanks, that's helpful. I want every household in certain areas of a city. I'm looked for people over age 18 regardless of other demographics.
Postal walks with no apartments(or few),or business, targeting primary condo or single family homes.
Phil1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #12
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Here's how you do this if you're wondering:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/...t=maildelivery

Q: How do I stop receiving advertising mail?
A: To stop getting unaddressed advertising, simply put a note on your mailbox stating that you do not wish to receive Canada Post Neighbourhood Mail™. Place the note in or on your mailbox, or on the inside lip of your community mailbox, group mailbox or postal box.
Thanks. I really should have included a link detailing how to do it in my post.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #13
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

It used to be called unaddressed admail. You could pull up individual walks in each postal code and specify residential only, business only or both. You could then add up the number of pieces needed, box them up, fill out a admail slip and drop them off at the appropriate depot. That was 20 years ago though, the process has probably changed.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote