Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #21
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Charsiu, you mentioned you started taking it last night, did your doctor advise you to take it at night instead of in the morning?
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #22
Charsiu
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Charsiu, you mentioned you started taking it last night, did your doctor advise you to take it at night instead of in the morning?
He didn't mention it. I just wanted to get going on it as soon as possible. I picked it up from the pharmacy and took it with dinner.

Do you advise taking it in the morning? Did you take it a couple times during the day?

I admit I'm terrible with the doctor. I always leave with unanswered questions.
Charsiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:29 PM   #23
Charsiu
Backup Goalie

Exp:

With my previous meds I was instructed to take them through out the day, maybe I should call him and ask but when I asked the pharmacist for instruction she just told me to take my pills with food.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #24
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you were able to fall asleep no problem then I don't know if it's an issue, but I'd definitely check with your doctor if I were you.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #25
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was on/off it for years with ulcerative colitis. Every time I tapered down to 20mg or so, all the symptoms would come back. On 40-50mg, I felt like a million bucks. I got the moon face and night sweats but that's about it for short term. I've got some arthritis now at a young-ish age, which may be contributed to my time on prednisone. My sister was on over 100mg at one point; she lost all her teeth eventually. I'd look into seeing if calcium supplements help.

I was anemic, underweight, and malnourished. They wanted to yank out my colon. I got my life back via a strict diet and I haven't had a symptom in 8 years. PM me if you have questions.
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burnin_vernon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 11:54 PM   #26
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

thanks for the info guys...

i was on a very short regime of prednisone, but only for 2 one weeks periods for some sinunitus issues i was having (and still have)... my ENT doctor was reluctant to prescribe a continued or long term regime because of the side effects...

i was disappointed, as it really helped me, but i guess she was right in trying to minimize usage.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:17 AM   #27
Charsiu
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin_vernon View Post
I was on/off it for years with ulcerative colitis. Every time I tapered down to 20mg or so, all the symptoms would come back. On 40-50mg, I felt like a million bucks. I got the moon face and night sweats but that's about it for short term. I've got some arthritis now at a young-ish age, which may be contributed to my time on prednisone. My sister was on over 100mg at one point; she lost all her teeth eventually. I'd look into seeing if calcium supplements help.

I was anemic, underweight, and malnourished. They wanted to yank out my colon. I got my life back via a strict diet and I haven't had a symptom in 8 years. PM me if you have questions.
Yikes, definitely have a couple questions I'll send your way.