Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #101
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
well, here's my take on that, unless she was willing to tell the gullible, what they wanted to hear, regardless of how grounded in reality it was, she wound't have gotten their votes anyways.

bringing back coal jobs, and returning America to the prosperity of the 50's, when union workers were making tons of money, twisting bolts, in Ford plants, is simply not going to happen. There's nothing her or Trump can do about it, but voters were willing to vote for the snake oil salesman, for a dream he sold them.

She didn't lose because of coal miners. She lost because she lost what should have been safe states like Pa but extremely small margins. If she had focused even a bit on those I have no doubt she could have rallied enough support to win. She was fighting headwinds from the late breaking FBI thing and needed to counter more strongly. Her tactical game wasn't good enough.

Having said that, the fact that the ejection was even close speaks to bigger problems with her candidacy, some of her making and some from external factors.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:13 AM   #102
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll just leave this here. I don't know if Liberals have realistic standards for their candidates at this point.

NSFW for Bill's frequent swearing!
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:08 PM   #103
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Here is our fundamental disagreement. Automation is not a wealth transfer mechanism. It is a driver of efficiency.
How do you not see it as a wealth transfer mechanism? It drives labour cost efficiency, I'll give you that much. But it does not always provide any efficiency from a productivity perspective.

Quote:
Automation creates surplus capacity. This surplus capacity can be taken as profit, a reduction in price, increased wages for remaining workers or tax. Creating surplus is always good in an economy.
If that companies' surplus is kept only as profit or invested in another economic region it does not help the local economy. Unless the employees who lose their jobs are able to find new ones that pay the same amount of money they also now put a strain on the existing economy, less spending of their earnings at other businesses will decrease those businesses' sales. So I'm not sure how you classify that as "always" a good thing. Increasing the wages of the remaining employees would help soften the burden, but I think you'll agree that this is unlikely to be the employers goal by automating as it is counter productive to their decision to automate in the first place. Price reduction is possible as well, however it also seems like an unlikely outcome given the fact it also works against the cost cutting motivation behind automating.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #104
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Old 09-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #105
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Her book coming out and everyone covering what it says is highly annoying.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:33 PM   #106
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I deal with Americans on a daily basis. I was one of the people that said before the election that I anticipated it would be closer than people thought. I would usually always bring up the subject for small talk when talking to EPC's and end users and everyone and I mean everyone (I must disclose almost all of the male gender) I discussed the topic had disdain for Clinton. Most didn't even like Trump. They just hated Hillary. These weren't the stereotypical downtrodden Americans but engineers, big wigs, etc. Trump is president today because a lot of voters really didn't like Hillary.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #107
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I deal with Americans on a daily basis. I was one of the people that said before the election that I anticipated it would be closer than people thought. I would usually always bring up the subject for small talk when talking to EPC's and end users and everyone and I mean everyone (I must disclose almost all of the male gender) I discussed the topic had disdain for Clinton. Most didn't even like Trump. They just hated Hillary. These weren't the stereotypical downtrodden Americans but engineers, big wigs, etc. Trump is president today because a lot of voters really didn't like Hillary.
THIS

Dems could have had an easy win, so many excuses but they are to blame for running such a poor candidate
Old 09-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #108
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I fit into this category. I made a comment at one point in our discussions here during the election that I didn't necessarily want to see Trump win but I certainly wanted to see Hillary lose.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #109
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

CNBC summary of the Clinton issues

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/07/hill...ommentary.html

Sounds like she should have named her book "F you Bernie you rat, thanks Obama fer nothin"

Just shut up already is the message from the Democrats

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...mocrats-242419

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2017, 07:21 AM   #110
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw about 10 minutes of her interview with AC last night, and she is light years more intelligent and competent than Trump.
She also made some really good points about what happened.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #111
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I saw about 10 minutes of her interview with AC last night, and she is light years more intelligent and competent than Trump.
She also made some really good points about what happened.
Doesn't matter, at this point she is pure poison. She needs to disappear and the democratic party has to cut ties completely for them to move on and become a relevant force again
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
corrupt , election , flawed , hillary , trump