Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #1
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Tapatalk

Does anyone know how to configure tapatalk? Or if the full version is any better?

I scroll with my right thumb and just realized I've been hitting buttons unintentionally... Like random like and follows. Can't use my left because I like lying on my left side on the couch.

TIA.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #2
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #3
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whatever you do, disable the auto sig. No one cares that you're posting from Tapatalk. No one cares what device you're posting from.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracher View Post
Does anyone know how to configure tapatalk? Or if the full version is any better?

I scroll with my right thumb and just realized I've been hitting buttons unintentionally... Like random like and follows. Can't use my left because I like lying on my left side on the couch.

TIA.

Did you ever figure out how to deal with accidental thread subscriptions? They are driving me crazy.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:19 PM   #5
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
Did you ever figure out how to deal with accidental thread subscriptions? They are driving me crazy.

If you open a "subscription" tab, you can go in there and unfollow everything you accidentally followed.

You can go to "settings" and under notifications you can disable all of those auto-follow features, like when you reply to somebody in a thread and it subscribes to that thread or follows that user. Super annoying.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #6
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is anyone else having a crap ton of problems with Tapatalk and missing posts CP lately? I will try to load a thread and when Tapatalk loads a single page, only a fraction of the posts load. So if I set a 20 post per page limit, I will only get 3-8 posts loading. Changing the post/page setting doesn't seem to fix the problem. Web is not a problem.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #7
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Haven't seen that no.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #8
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played around with it a bit more. Deleted app, reinstalled. Logged in and out. Cleared cache and data. Same issue. As far as I can tell this problem is CP specific as well. XDA and Howardforums seem to work fine. Any ideas?
Old 10-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #9
photon

Exp:

Your account seems fine, I thought maybe if your account was in an unusual state then maybe it would be a problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The Tapatalk plugin is up to date as well.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #10
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there something going on with the "report post" feature in Tapatalk? It seems to ask for reason for reporting, and then asks for password, and requests the reason again - then a box appears saying that you have to wait at least n seconds between reporting posts.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:31 PM   #11
photon

Exp:

Hm, the only thing I can really do with Tapatalk is update the plugin, and the one we have is pretty much up to date. There's a couple of minor releases that are newer that don't mention anything about reporting posts in their change logs, but I could try updating anyway to see if that fixes anything.

We did get two reported posts from you though, both for the same post one around 9 the other during lunch.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:27 PM   #12
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay. Curious. I wonder why it asks for a password though when using this particular feature?

I wasn't sure what was going on the first time I did the report, so I tried again on the web version.

Tapatalk doesn't seem to provide an acknowledgment, and asking for a password and the reason again seemed like it had failed to work.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #13
photon

Exp:

Yeah not sure why it would ask for a password, but not something we have any control over.

Last time I changed my forum password, Tapatalk didn't work for me for many days.. kept asking for my new password (which I entered), then it seemed to try with something completely different and lockout my login attempts after only one try, then it would work, then it would kick me out again.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:59 PM   #14
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kinda related to TapaTalk...are there any other apps to browse forums on an iPhome; wondering if there any better options out there...
ah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #15
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Your account seems fine, I thought maybe if your account was in an unusual state then maybe it would be a problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The Tapatalk plugin is up to date as well.
Yea, I tried playing around with it a bit more and still no changes. I am getting pages with no posts loading at all in Tapatalk on android. Hm.

I may have to switch back to web.