Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2023, 02:54 PM   #141
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
The fact I have two sons keeps me here and that's it. I live in constant pain, nothing is affordable, the world is a mess, my life is a mess, and I would absolutely shuffle off this mortal coil if it wouldn't affect my family. Maybe I will get lucky and have a massive anurysm. The things that do bring me any sense of happiness are always tainted. My favourite hockey team is a never-ending ride of disappointment and the board I talk about them on hates me. My oldest son whom I raised on my own has autism and can't work so I have to look after him. My youngest has a bitch of a mother who makes it difficult for me to even see him. The bad car wreck I was in a few years ago has left me a wreck, half my body is fn plates and screws and arthritis has already set in everywhere thus killing my working career. Everything is beyond stupid expensive. The planet is screwed, humans are like Earth cancer, killing it's host while spreading and spreading. I can't even picture how bad it will be for my 12 year old when he is my age (I am 48). I commend everyone who opened up in this thread and for those that have the hope things will get better I sincerely hope it will. Don't try and sell it to me though because it is bs. Life sucks and then you croak, sooner than later hopefully. Sorry for the rant.
Username checks out.

I get it though. I feel like I've been more severely ill in 2023 than 2022. I have more burnout than 2022 and in general, on paper, #### sucks in 2023 vs 2022 which was an epitome of suckage.

And yet, somehow, I don't feel as trapped and backed into a corner as last year. There's more hope and excitement for the next month and so on so forth. I don't know why. Maybe I'm looking at friends and they're dealing with lost loved ones, difficulties having children etc. and I look at my two little gobs of mess, the parents who occasionally frustrate me, the lack of drama between myself and my in-laws and I consider myself lucky?

Sorry to hear what you're going through though. I do hope things improve so that there will be more things for you to look forward to. I always commend a parent who takes care of an autistic child. It's nothing short of amazing see how such use an alternate way to encourage growth and development from their kids.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2023, 06:04 PM   #142
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

Quote:
The fact I have two sons keeps me here and that's it. I live in constant pain, nothing is affordable, the world is a mess, my life is a mess, and I would absolutely shuffle off this mortal coil if it wouldn't affect my family. Maybe I will get lucky and have a massive anurysm. The things that do bring me any sense of happiness are always tainted. My favourite hockey team is a never-ending ride of disappointment and the board I talk about them on hates me. My oldest son whom I raised on my own has autism and can't work so I have to look after him. My youngest has a bitch of a mother who makes it difficult for me to even see him. The bad car wreck I was in a few years ago has left me a wreck, half my body is fn plates and screws and arthritis has already set in everywhere thus killing my working career. Everything is beyond stupid expensive. The planet is screwed, humans are like Earth cancer, killing it's host while spreading and spreading. I can't even picture how bad it will be for my 12 year old when he is my age (I am 48). I commend everyone who opened up in this thread and for those that have the hope things will get better I sincerely hope it will. Don't try and sell it to me though because it is bs. Life sucks and then you croak, sooner than later hopefully. Sorry for the rant.
I'd like to be perfectly clear. I for one do not hate you even a little.

Everyone contributes to the world in their own way. I appreciate everyone on here who puts themselves out there.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2023, 07:27 PM   #143
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I don't hate you.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2023, 09:29 PM   #144
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Since we don't have a mental health thread, I figured I'd put this here.

Kevin Smith came out about his mental health struggles today. I know it's a bit long at 35 minutes, but it's a great watch.

Just to piggy back off this, which I think is an excellent honest conversation, something that I've always loved about Kevin Smith, is a Ted Talk by current/former? surgeon general of California, Dr. Nadine Burke-Harris on how psychological trauma, or ACES, can affect a person across their entire lifetime.

One of the most criminally underdiagnosed issues affecting healthcare, as you will see in the video.

Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: