Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2023, 06:52 AM   #121
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree with others who say the quality will be there but what I'm most worried about is their ability to have enough supply to fill the expected demand. Hopefully that won't be an issue. The additional factory helps, I'd think.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:40 AM   #122
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Just a heads up for anyone that's still looking for Flames jerseys. Pro hockey life has a sale on until April 16th. You can get any NHL jerseys, including the Prime Green for 25% off, and free shipping. Actually it's all jerseys, fan wear and accessories. Pretty good sale if you're still looking for a blasty or reverse retro.

That's an even bigger discount than season ticket holders got through the CGY team store. Reverse retro authentic comes out to $160ish with tax, the home and aways are $10 cheaper than that.

https://www.prohockeylife.com/pages/flyers
Primegreens are the ones with the 3D embossed logos, amirite?
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:48 AM   #123
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
Primegreens are the ones with the 3D embossed logos, amirite?
Yep, it's the best one you can buy as a fan, short of game worn authentic directly from teams. Regular price is $200-$210 (home/away vs reverse retro/alternate). It's about as good a deal you'll see for them.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 12:59 PM   #124
IceBergYYC
Scoring Winger

Exp:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/defe...-20230920.html
Looking forward to this quality for NHL gear. But whatever it is they sell, it cant be worse than what the Wranglers are selling as their new replica jersey after they couldnt get more of the slightly better (but still far from "authentic") jersey for the same price as the old one.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
IceBergYYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:47 PM   #125
Hi-Psi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It's a real shame, the Adidas Prime Green jerseys have been the best NHL jerseys I've ever seen in my lifetime (I'm 38).

It's disappointing that we finally get some great jerseys that fit properly, look great and appeal to the majority of fans, just to axe them and go with the cheapest of the cheap in 'Fanatics'.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:47 PM   #126
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

They'll be identical (or so I have read) just with a Fanatics logo on them
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:52 PM   #127
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
They'll be identical (or so I have read) just with a Fanatics logo on them
That's for the on-ice jerseys that the teams use.

The retail jerseys are what has most folks worried, and with merit.
Not even the 'Authentic' Adidas for retail are truly the same the on-ice real gear.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #128
konradical
Farm Team Player

Exp:

While I get the hate for Fanatics, they're appeal is so trash. I have a hard time believing they will not have an "adidas" version of their jerseys when they take over in the long run.

Fanatics will probably end up getting the NFL and NBA contracts soon too when they are done. Ruben seems to have huge contacts and deep pockets.
konradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:44 AM   #129
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well, I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1756487355719201117

https://twitter.com/user/status/1757410006247342288
butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 01:36 PM   #130
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

For What it's worth I expect the replicas to be garbage but the on ice to be fine and not have those issues in the second tweet because:
A) Pants and other equipment aren't Fanatics
B) the on ice stuff is being made in Quebec in the same factory they're always made in
Old 02-13-2024, 01:43 PM   #131
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
For What it's worth I expect the replicas to be garbage but the on ice to be fine and not have those issues in the second tweet because:
A) Pants and other equipment aren't Fanatics
B) the on ice stuff is being made in Quebec in the same factory they're always made in
I just hope they don't pull the same crap as adidas "authentics" and market the replicas as the on-ice product. Don't get me wrong, I've been very happy with the adidas jersey since they came out, but they tried to market them as on-ice authentics, which they are 1000% not, with the intention of misleading casual fans.

Last edited by SmoggyFlamesFan; 02-13-2024 at 02:03 PM.
SmoggyFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SmoggyFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 01:48 PM   #132
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
I just hope they don't pull the same crap as adidas "authentics" and market the replicas as the on-ice product. Don't get me wrong, I've been very happy with the adidas jersey sinc ethey came out, but they tried to market them as on-ice authentics, which they are 1000% not, with the intention of misleading casual fans.
Agreed. It's essentially when the Chinese knock offs would add a fight strap to get ebay sales
Old 02-13-2024, 01:51 PM   #133
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs down

Pretty good summary and comparison on the 'Nike Elite' vs. the previous Flexbase template that was carried over from Majestic in 2019/2020 and used up until last season. I would note that this is actually MLB's 'authentic' jerseys on field so after 4 years of Nike/ Fanatics running the show they have now gone after the actual uniforms that players wear on field and it's not just replicas that are steaming hot garbage. Note for those that are clinging to the comfort that the NHL on ice authentic jerseys will continue to be made in the same Quebec factory. My prediction is that eventually even those will be turned into garbage by Fanatics too ala MLB.

Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 02:02 PM   #134
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, I would agree. They totally destroyed the baseball jerseys and I fear hockey is next.

Baseball used to be the best value ever. You could get a blank with the stitched team name on the front for $109 at the stadium and take it upstairs before the game to have it stitched with a name and number for around $35. They'd tell you to come back after a certain inning and it was a really nice finished product. (You could do this in Seattle; not sure about other ballparks.)

Not sure anyone's going to pay for these knockoffs. If you want a hockey jersey I'd suggest getting one while they're still good.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:04 PM   #135
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

SHOCKING!

Fanatics cutting corners to make more money.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 03:18 PM   #136
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

The new baseball pants are see through.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/ar-BB1iJsTD
Old 02-23-2024, 03:22 PM   #137
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ This is the only way the NHL can be saved from the 'Fanatics' treatment is if enough shame and declines in sales goes the MLB's way this season for their awful quality merchandise, maybe Fanatics will take notice before butchering on-ice and replica 'authentic' jerseys for the NHL.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 03:29 PM   #138
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's brilliant by Fanatics for the most part too.

Because all of the more casual articles I've seen about it are saying "The new Nike uniforms are terrible", so the Nike is the brand eating it from a quality perspective.

When really all Nike has done here pay the MLB to have their swoosh on jersey but the actual distribution and manufacturing deal was with Fanatics and the MLB.

So Fanatics gets paid to manufacture and distribute the jersey, Nike paid to have their swoosh on the jersey from a marketing perspective (and it wasn't cheap), and now fanatics cuts costs while Nike and MLB eat all the negative brand perceptions because most people don't know the role Fanatics is playing here.

Honestly Nike and these other leagues are stupid to bring Fanatics into the fold, don't think there is a single league/program that actually liked the quality or agreement with them.

Nike giving them licencing rights to their brand seems like a crazy decision to me.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2024, 03:36 PM   #139
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
It's brilliant by Fanatics for the most part too.

Because all of the more casual articles I've seen about it are saying "The new Nike uniforms are terrible", so the Nike is the brand eating it from a quality perspective.

When really all Nike has done here pay the MLB to have their swoosh on jersey but the actual distribution and manufacturing deal was with Fanatics and the MLB.

So Fanatics gets paid to manufacture and distribute the jersey, Nike paid to have their swoosh on the jersey from a marketing perspective (and it wasn't cheap), and now fanatics cuts costs while Nike and MLB eat all the negative brand perceptions because most people don't know the role Fanatics is playing here.

Honestly Nike and these other leagues are stupid to bring Fanatics into the fold, don't think there is a single league/program that actually liked the quality or agreement with them.

Nike giving them licencing rights to their brand seems like a crazy decision to me.
I agree. If you have a brand as valuable as MLB or Nike, I can't possibly imagine wanting it to be associated with these trash uniforms.

These are the major leagues, the pinnacle of all levels of baseball, and they're rolling around with these little league quality uniforms when there was nothing wrong with the uniforms for decades. How are you supposed to concentrate on pitching or hitting when you're thinking about whether people can see your underwear on TV?

As Cowboy89 mentioned, I think the only possible hope for the NHL is that these get ridiculed by players and fans to the point that they roll it back. The MLBPA is the strongest union in sports, so there's that hope.
The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2024, 05:18 PM   #140
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

I could see Trump jerseys after all his success in the sneaker game.
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edmonton is no good.