Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2022, 01:35 PM   #201
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
Pile on all you want. You guys ignore the moral deficiencies in left wing politicians as long as the cheques come in. You guys are the worst.
It's not ignoring. I'd love to have Conservative party I could vote for, or any other reasonable alternative. But they make themselves unelectable. Weighing the choices, somehow the Liberals are the least worst option. That's not the fault of voters, it's the fault of the Conservative movement in Canada, being completely overun by people who want Alberta to separate from Canada, or hold morally reprehensible views that they will legislate if given the chance. If you want to blame someone, blame Preston Manning, and all who follow in his footsteps.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 01:35 PM   #202
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pile on all you want. You guys ignore the moral deficiencies in left wing politicians as long as the cheques come in. You guys are the worst.
Who ignored moral deficiencies in left wing politicians? I see many here agreeing that left wing politicians (or nearly all politicians) are morally bereft, but that they prefer the slightly less morally bereft (in their own opinions) liberals to the conservatives. It seems to be only you who is ignoring the reality of a complete lack of morality from conservative party leadership candidates. Maybe Aheer gets a pass.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 01:37 PM   #203
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Not to pile on, but didn't you vote for a guy who:
- helped block gay men from visiting their partners dying from AIDS
- advocated to block LGBTQ civil rights
- voted against same-sex marriage in 2005
- voted against protections for gender identity and expression
- was against confidentiality protections for LGBTQ students in GSAs
- was under investigation for election fraud
- said UCP members were allowed to share white supremacist views so long as they weren't members of a hate organization.

All because you thought you might save a buck in taxes?

Excuse me if I find the crying about a double standard a bit toothless when you're criticizing someone who voted for guy with "wore blackface" on his record while you happily voted for guy with "actively used political power to make life worse for LGBTQ people" on theirs.

Go back to complaining about how much they ask for in property tax from your 6 figure salary for your 7 figure home some more. At least it's entertaining.
To be fair if Justin thought that taking those positions would aid him in gaining or retaining power there's little doubt that he would. He's straight up a bad dude that has no morals because as an elite he believes he can do what he wants. We will never find out the truth but it sounds like there was some creepy stuff going on when he was at the West Point Grey Academy involving underage girls.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:38 PM   #204
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do something productive rather than posting on the CP off topic form all day. Seriously.
You've got nearly 5,000 more posts than him on these boards, and post only slightly more than 1 per day less than him on average... projecting?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 01:39 PM   #205
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
To be fair if Justin thought that taking those positions would aid him in gaining or retaining power there's little doubt that he would. He's straight up a bad dude that has no morals because as an elite he believes he can do what he wants. We will never find out the truth but it sounds like there was some creepy stuff going on when he was at the West Point Grey Academy involving underage girls.
JT is pond scum at best, but I don't understand how JT being pond scum absolves the abhorrent track record of the UCP.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 01:40 PM   #206
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
To be fair if Justin thought that taking those positions would aid him in retaining power there's little doubt that he would. He's straight up a bad dude. We will never find out the truth but there was some creepy stuff going on when he was at the West Point Grey Academy involving underage girls.
Never heard of this before. You're going to have to provide sources on this, those are some pretty serious allegations to levy without substance.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 01:40 PM   #207
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We will never find out the truth but it sounds like there was some creepy stuff going on when he was at the West Point Grey Academy involving underage girls.
Sure, but if we're going to talk about salacious and unconfirmed rumors then we should start talking about the bag boys Jason Kenney has always retained, and the type of texts he's likely to send these individuals at night time.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:42 PM   #208
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Sure, but if we're going to talk about salacious and unconfirmed rumors then we should start talking about the bag boys Jason Kenney has always retained, and the type of texts he's likely to send these individuals at night time.
You won't see me defend Kenny. Nothing would surprise me there.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:05 PM   #209
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Not to pile on, but didn't you vote for a guy who:
- helped block gay men from visiting their partners dying from AIDS
- advocated to block LGBTQ civil rights
- voted against same-sex marriage in 2005
- voted against protections for gender identity and expression
- was against confidentiality protections for LGBTQ students in GSAs
- was under investigation for election fraud
- said UCP members were allowed to share white supremacist views so long as they weren't members of a hate organization.

All because you thought you might save a buck in taxes?

Excuse me if I find the crying about a double standard a bit toothless when you're criticizing someone who voted for guy with "wore blackface" on his record while you happily voted for guy with "actively used political power to make life worse for LGBTQ people" on theirs.

Go back to complaining about how much they ask for in property tax from your 6 figure salary for your 7 figure home some more. At least it's entertaining.
Wow! I can't believe how hostile this thread has become. Both sides need to chill out
Old 06-24-2022, 02:25 PM   #210
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance but where do I pick up my cheques?
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 02:38 PM   #211
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Wow! I can't believe how hostile this thread has become. Both sides need to chill out
There's no two sides being hostile Dion, it's all good. One poster is throwing a little fit because he wants to vote for politicians that put forth or support racist, anti-gay, or anti-women policies without his morality being questioned. He'll get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Pardon my ignorance but where do I pick up my cheques?
You see Iggy, the point wasn't the cheques you do or do not get, but it's the fact that it's WRONG to vote for someone with moral deficiencies because you want a cheque, but RIGHT to vote for someone with moral deficiencies because you want a tax cut. More money coming back = evil hypocrites! Less money going out = well I guess we can look past all that.

Do better.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 03:11 PM   #212
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Are we still posting photos and talking about deplorables in government?

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 03:13 PM   #213
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
No it’s a bunch of posters on this board who call conservatives and conservative voters deplorable. That is what gets me upset. It is a direct shot at us.

No one says anything. Johnny Makarov has called voters of MRG deplorable. I lived in her riding for 20 years. My parents still live there. Are we deplorable?

I am so tired of these flybys. It makes you guys look condescending and intolerant.
the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #214
the_only_turek_fan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

And one more thing….it’s the use of that exact word by a certain presidential candidate that got us to where we go to this morning.
the_only_turek_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:25 PM   #215
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No it’s a bunch of posters on this board who call conservatives and conservative voters deplorable. That is what gets me upset. It is a direct shot at us.

No one says anything. Johnny Makarov has called voters of MRG deplorable. I lived in her riding for 20 years. My parents still live there. Are we deplorable?

I am so tired of these flybys. It makes you guys look condescending and intolerant.
My original statement which caused your angry rant was, "The federal Conservative Party, to which she belongs, has been shamelessly courting the vote of racist deplorables for years."

This is objectively true. The CPC has been making blatant appeals for the support of the absolute worst and most deplorable people in Canadian society including, but not limited to, racists, sexists, homophobes, transphobes, science-denying anti-vaxxers, Freedumb Convoy members, and more. Former party leader Erin O'Toole was voted out by his own caucus members because he wasn't deplorable enough for them. This is fact.

What I did not say is that every person who votes for the Conservative Party is deplorable...but at best it's not a deal-breaker to be in the same tent as those people.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 03:28 PM   #216
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:

Why are you letting posters like Johnny Makarov get under your skin? Ignore him if he upsets you that much or anyone else for that matter. You take things too personaly.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:30 PM   #217
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You literally came in here 3 days before the municipal election asking why Sean Chu was so bad?

You really are the worst. lol
Old 06-24-2022, 03:36 PM   #218
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Why are you letting posters like Johnny Makarov get under your skin? Ignore him if he upsets you that much or anyone else for that matter. You take things too personaly.
Hey i told the dude 10 times to put me on ignore. Yet he still constantly stalks me on here reporting every single post to the mods.... lol.

I can't ignore him as his posts are hilarious and super entertaining.
Old 06-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #219
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

What I don't understand is folks who vote conservative provincially acting like they are victims even though the party they voted for has been in power 46 of the last 50 years.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2022, 05:44 PM   #220
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
And one more thing….it’s the use of that exact word by a certain presidential candidate that got us to where we go to this morning.
This morning's events just solidified that Hillary was right. Shoot the messenger much?
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post: