Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2016, 06:50 AM   #381
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

That's going to be a hard pill to swallow for the father. The mom is selling herself, presumably to help pay the bills - bills that might have been paid had the dad taken care of his responsibilities. Her second "job" may have directly led to their deaths. That's going to haunt him I'd think.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:41 AM   #382
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This is why to me that any discussion around legalizing prostitution needs to involve a serious discussion around the criminal prosecution of these Pimps or agencies. They're no better then drug dealers in my mind .

Its hard to condemn the father without knowing more, I've seen a lot of cases where the Child Support payments are really punitive on the fathers side, or his situation changes and the courts refuse to listen.

The real illustrated tragedy is some thug gang banger with multiple previous convictions including one for prostitution related charges was back out and back in the life, and the public actually deserves to know what the story is on that.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
4X4
Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #383
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how many more unexpected developments there will be in this story.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:06 AM   #384
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
I just feel awful that she got to that point where this was her option. So sad.

I am so sad for both young women. Almost 100% of anything I do for charity or give to charity relates to cancer. I would like to rededicate my small efforts and charitable donations in this area.
Here is somewhere to consider. I donated some household items to them in the past.

http://www.servantsanon.com
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #385
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
That's going to be a hard pill to swallow for the father. The mom is selling herself, presumably to help pay the bills - bills that might have been paid had the dad taken care of his responsibilities. Her second "job" may have directly led to their deaths. That's going to haunt him I'd think.
The gang that the father and the killer are associated with are known to be involved in prostitution. Its not out of the realm of possibilities that she was forced into prostitution.

The debt motive for the murder is interesting. Was it her debt or was it the fathers debt? Was someone supposed to be sent a message but an assault went too far and people got killed?

Cases like this are interesting. Sometimes you wish for the accused to plead guilty and save the victims' families from the pain of a trial. But without an investigation and trial, the entire truth may not come out. Somethings may be better not to know but it may be hard to get full closure if there are unknowns.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #386
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/they-m...hter-1.4327507

The son of a bitch that killed mother and five year old daughter is up for either 25 or 50 years before parole eligibility. Here's hoping it's 50. He's 49 right now, and this would pretty much mean he never, ever gets out, and none of the family will ever have to attend a parole hearing.

It should be 50 years just for killing a child, and another 25 for an adult that somehow pissed him off enough to do this.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #387
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/they-m...hter-1.4327507

The son of a bitch that killed mother and five year old daughter is up for either 25 or 50 years before parole eligibility. Here's hoping it's 50. He's 49 right now, and this would pretty much mean he never, ever gets out, and none of the family will ever have to attend a parole hearing.

It should be 50 years just for killing a child, and another 25 for an adult that somehow pissed him off enough to do this.
I think 11 of the 12 jurors recommended consecutive instead of concurrent, so hopefully the judge takes that into account.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post: