Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2019, 08:16 AM   #21
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
You would think, but for me it's the best. I have a few brands I like and as they wear out, I just reorder more. Size 15s are hard to find otherwise.

I don't find Payless to be that cheap, though, so IDGAF they're closing. For my kids, they seem like crap quality for more money than Wal-Mart and barely less than name-brand shoes at Sport Chek or Shoe Warehouse.

I think they're closing because they offer a bad product at not-very-cheap prices.
Where do you order most of your shoes? I'm also in the Size 15/16 bracket, I was ordering or buying from Shoe Company, but they have basically stopped carrying anything bigger than a 13, that doesn't look like a really cheap NB runner.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #22
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Where do you order most of your shoes? I'm also in the Size 15/16 bracket, I was ordering or buying from Shoe Company, but they have basically stopped carrying anything bigger than a 13, that doesn't look like a really cheap NB runner.
I buy from www.oddball.com. Get on their mailing list and they'll send you 15% off coupon codes every few months. Their socks are awesome, too. It's so nice having big comfortable socks. As you know, most department store socks only go up to size 12, so they're not a good option for us.

I did buy a pair of size 15 shoes of Amazon a few months ago, so it's worth checking there as well since you'll pay in CAD and have them shipped for free (if you're a Prime member).
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #23
gasman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I buy from www.oddball.com. Get on their mailing list and they'll send you 15% off coupon codes every few months. Their socks are awesome, too. It's so nice having big comfortable socks. As you know, most department store socks only go up to size 12, so they're not a good option for us.

I did buy a pair of size 15 shoes of Amazon a few months ago, so it's worth checking there as well since you'll pay in CAD and have them shipped for free (if you're a Prime member).
Awesome! thanks.

Haven't heard of oddball. I feel you on the socks though, especially lower cut summer socks, I've been buying the low cut socks from Costco, but they are like size 10-13, and I think they are stretched so much, they wear out in probably a dozen wears.
gasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #24
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Awesome! thanks.

Haven't heard of oddball. I feel you on the socks though, especially lower cut summer socks, I've been buying the low cut socks from Costco, but they are like size 10-13, and I think they are stretched so much, they wear out in probably a dozen wears.
NP.

For no-show socks, I like XL Under Armour: https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/ua...pid1303200-100. The low cut Oddball ones are a little too big/loose for me, but all their other socks are great.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #25
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

oh man, socks are the biggest pain to buy right now. Anything other than white and black tube socks is next to impossible to find.

Thanks for the links. I'm down to like three pair of low cut summer socks
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #26
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Have all the payless stores closed? I walk by the one in the Core and it was empty.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:47 PM   #27
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Two stores in Lethbridge. The one in the mall was done this past weekend. The other one is still open but not for long.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote