Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 05-03-2021, 07:53 PM   #2621
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan1297 View Post
So what's the scoop, do we expect more restrictions tomorrow? And what do we think those restrictions are going too be?
Agreed with other people about recreation taking the brunt of it, as well as maybe hair dressers, massage, etc. K-6 will stay in school, malls & other businesses will stay open, but with reduced hours/capacity. Nothing really resembling a true lockdown, just the usual stuff.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:04 PM   #2622
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Agreed with other people about recreation taking the brunt of it, as well as maybe hair dressers, massage, etc. K-6 will stay in school, malls & other businesses will stay open, but with reduced hours/capacity. Nothing really resembling a true lockdown, just the usual stuff.
What does reducing hours do? I would think it would just make more people go in a smaller window of time, too me it would be better too increase open hours in order for people too spread out more?

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:05 PM   #2623
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
40% of Albertans found the last round of restrictions too restrictive. It's not that people don't want enforcement of laws, it's that a large portion people don't want them in the first placE.
We have a thread for those people.
TorqueDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #2624
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Calgarypuck doesn't represent a good cross section of people. 40% of Albertans found the last round of restrictions too restrictive. It's not that people don't want enforcement of laws, it's that a large portion people don't want them in the first placE.
Well by all means, where do we submit our requests for what we DO want?

Is there some kind of Covid Santy Claus that will deliver fantasy to reality?

Selfish empathetically bankrupt people donít care about anyone but themselves, let alone contemplate their own risk.

A serious utomobile accident can happen to anyone at any time. With a hospital packed with Covid patients... hmmm... that seems like if might be a lot more problematic.

Nah... who cares... wah wah wah... I wanna do what I wanna do when I wanna do it,

I donít like brussel sprouts either, but I eat them because Iím an adult that knows theyíre good for me.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:15 PM   #2625
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

As someone who works in the salon industry, tomorrow could be a rough day. That said, the majority of salons and spas I deal with have had reduced staff due to close contacts, and kids in grades 7-12 being home. Not sure if the province has a choice now. I would prefer a reduced capacity (e.g. 50% capacity) than a full closure, but that could be pushing it
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:22 PM   #2626
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just think that these nights are torturous for small business owners. We all know more restrictions are coming tomorrow and these poor people get to twist in the wind for another day before we hear anything.

Frankly, we’ve known for days they’d put in more restrictions, and they’ve dragged it out again. It’s pathetic.

That said, I’m not entirely sure what new restrictions do to deal with people attending rodeos or generally protesting the current restrictions. How do you even deal with those people? The police wrote tickets to people, those tickets get thrown out and nothing changes. I’m not even sure how you can lay that at Kenney; he can’t roll in and write tickets to these guys either. It’s just a mess.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 08:25 PM   #2627
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Well by all means, where do we submit our requests for what we DO want?

Is there some kind of Covid Santy Claus that will deliver fantasy to reality?

Selfish empathetically bankrupt people don’t care about anyone but themselves, let alone contemplate their own risk.

A serious utomobile accident can happen to anyone at any time. With a hospital packed with Covid patients... hmmm... that seems like if might be a lot more problematic.

Nah... who cares... wah wah wah... I wanna do what I wanna do when I wanna do it,

I don’t like brussel sprouts either, but I eat them because I’m an adult that knows they’re good for me.
These kinds of posts are just so weird. They are like a scream into the void. Completely useless. Yes, I completely want people to obey the restrictions so we can get to an end of this thing.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 08:35 PM   #2628
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I just think that these nights are torturous for small business owners. We all know more restrictions are coming tomorrow and these poor people get to twist in the wind for another day before we hear anything.

Frankly, we’ve known for days they’d put in more restrictions, and they’ve dragged it out again. It’s pathetic.

That said, I’m not entirely sure what new restrictions do to deal with people attending rodeos or generally protesting the current restrictions. How do you even deal with those people? The police wrote tickets to people, those tickets get thrown out and nothing changes. I’m not even sure how you can lay that at Kenney; he can’t roll in and write tickets to these guys either. It’s just a mess.
The goal isn’t to stop the rodeo people.

The goal is to show people that the government cares about the rules being followed. It’s convincing people who are on the boarder line of saying no one else cares so I’m throwing my kid a birthday party or having their kids friends over indoors to decide to do it outside instead. Its thousands of little decisions on the margins that determine whether 20 people spread Covid to 21 people or 20 people. Even in the crazy protest crowd if you convince a few to stay home you win. Controlling Covid is about marginal improvements in compliance.

We know that indoor person to person contact among people who know each other drives a lot of preventable spread. That can only be stopped by people buying in.

The only way I see getting people to take this seriously for two weeks is canceling all school province wide. It will force businesses to accommodate workers from home reducing spread in work places and make people understand this is still real.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 09:01 PM   #2629
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
These kinds of posts are just so weird. They are like a scream into the void. Completely useless. Yes, I completely want people to obey the restrictions so we can get to an end of this thing.
Theyíre not weird. Your pants are weird.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 09:05 PM   #2630
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Theyíre not weird. Your pants are weird.
You mean the elastic waist corduroy pants I'm wearing? Yes, they are weird and kind of sad to be honest.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #2631
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:

Yep, Kenney pretends like he's pro-business but clear decisive communication rather than leaving folks twisting in the wind would make a big difference.

Lots of restaurants and bars for instance, are trying to figure out whether to put in a food/liquor order right now. They're just supposed to gamble on what tomorrow's restrictions will be? Glad I'm not in that position.
Torture is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 09:32 PM   #2632
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Well you are the resident expert on useless weirdness.

What about holding the hands of a loved one as their body asphyxiates itself and there is nothing you can do. IF you are even able to hold their hand.

Is that weird too?

Should we ďendĒ this thing to avoid that or your annoyance and inconvenience?

Why donít you just stay in your other area of expertise? Oversimplified pissing and moaning about the government inadequacy and imperfection.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:40 PM   #2633
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do they post the data on where new infections are coming from anywhere? I imagine not because those places would already be closed I imagine?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:27 PM   #2634
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Well you are the resident expert on useless weirdness.

What about holding the hands of a loved one as their body asphyxiates itself and there is nothing you can do. IF you are even able to hold their hand.

Is that weird too?

Should we ďendĒ this thing to avoid that or your annoyance and inconvenience?

Why donít you just stay in your other area of expertise? Oversimplified pissing and moaning about the government inadequacy and imperfection.
Calm down.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 10:32 PM   #2635
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
That said, Iím not entirely sure what new restrictions do to deal with people attending rodeos or generally protesting the current restrictions. How do you even deal with those people?
Do as Belgium does:

Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 10:34 PM   #2636
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Do as Belgium does:

Oh thatís a great idea that any sane person would want to do and be remembered by.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:38 PM   #2637
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Oh thatís a great idea that any sane person would want to do and be remembered by.
God forbid law enforcement enforce the law with non-lethal force! How insane. I far prefer strong words with no action and packed churches and rodeos.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2021, 10:42 PM   #2638
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
God forbid law enforcement enforce the law with non-lethal force! How insane. I far prefer strong words with no action and packed churches and rodeos.
Have you not seen Yellowstone? There is no such thing as non-lethal force when it comes to cowboys!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2021, 12:16 AM   #2639
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone else have a problem with the way NACI has been communicating around vaccines? I get that they're an independent agency but I would've figured their recommendations would align closer to the overall messages being given by all provinces and the feds around taking the first shot given to you. But instead, they came out today recommending the Janssen vaccine to everyone 30+ but felt it necessary to also add that if anyone wants to wait for a Pfizer shot sometime in June instead, they should do so.

Wtf is that?
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2021, 01:04 AM   #2640
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Calm down.
Excellent pithy response.

Right on brand.