Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #41
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

so i bought a standard pack and my rare was a rangers jersey. fml. these jerseys dont sell for crap.

i did get dustin boyd though.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #42
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

I always seem to get 25-35 game contracts as rares. I have a whole pile of contracts and only scrubs to use them on.... sigh...
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #43
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
I love wheeling and dealing! I just sent someone a trade offer, which if accepted will give me a first line of Coyotes (don't laugh) with lots of games in their careers/contracts, and lots of potential.
I have an all Coyotes 2nd line, with consumables guys like Hanzal and Vrbata are very good
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #44
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Although tedious, playing the low level tournaments repeatedly is a good way to compile a team without burning out good players.

I panicked when I was matched up against the East all-stars and dressed my best, and I wasted them 7-1. A team of Euro's beat them just as badly the next time.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #45
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i did the same thing early on yammer. played team canada in a final and was super scared and dressed everyone i had.

like you said, its somewhat tedious but those easy tournaments build skill. and since i dont want to spend money, wasting time like this is my only other option! and since roughly all my roster can be had for about 150-200 pucks on the market, i don't feel like i am wasting anything.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #46
slots881
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I have Nolan, but it won't let me trade him, as he was apart of my original pack...
slots881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #47
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

well i was finally able to move jokinen for 2000 pucks. not bad considering often times he can be had for lower.

nice to get my first sale at least.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #48
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I find there is usually a pretty solid pick up in the peewee packs. Ive only ever bought one for emergency contracts, but each time i have i picked up open or two mid-70's ahl player with 80ish upside. I'm almost ready for my second jumbo pack. If i don't get some NHL talent I'm going to burn down the building.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #49
BlackEleven

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I find there is usually a pretty solid pick up in the peewee packs. Ive only ever bought one for emergency contracts, but each time i have i picked up open or two mid-70's ahl player with 80ish upside. I'm almost ready for my second jumbo pack. If i don't get some NHL talent I'm going to burn down the building.
I feel your pain. I had the 3 free packs for the demo and bought 3 standard packs and nothing (well my NHL players were Mitchel, Yelle and Hendricks, not exactly world-beaters). Then I bought a jumbo pack and bam! got David Krejci and Michael Frolik. Sweet! Finally got some real talent on my team
Old 09-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #50
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

woo-hoo, sold my visnovsky for 2,000 overnight!

though now i am not sure what to do. i had just about saved for the consumable pack. since i have all the players i want, i was just planning on that. however, after selling that card i can get the jumbo pack... decisions, decisions...

edit: did the consumable pack to try it out. my rares are 30 and 35 game contracts, +9 defense, and +5 all. i am excited about the +5 all. i think i am going to keep it for a while. if i can manage to find an 80 game contract, i could get someone locked in and then boosted.

Last edited by dobbles; 09-13-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #51
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

finally got lucky on something. bought a peewee pack just for some contract cards, and got carl gunnarsson. he is a 77 d with the leafs. put him on the block and he went for 1300. not bad for a 600 pack!

also, am i really the only one playing hut?
Old 09-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #52
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Yup,I don't have the patience to sit and trade cards and play tournaments. I just want me some EASHL, be a pro and be a gm...thats all a man really needs
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #53
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

$$$$ Just sold Erik Karlsson for $8000 then bought Jonathon Bernier and Erik Johnson. I need to start selling more players as I am in huge cap trouble and can't play until I get under the cap.
jschick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #54
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My team is facing a rebuild already. A killer 5 game losing streak has me coming up short on contracts, insufficient pucks to buy a small card pack, and now we’re putting rookie TWF centres on third pairing left D. It does not look good for the Sheafs at all after a promising 9-4 start to the season.

Our lone bright spot at this point was picking up Keetly, who will, at worst, not be a downgrade from Aubin, who managed to let in his first shot on net in a Sheafs uniform.

A critical GM blunder didn’t help matters either, when a desperation acquisition of Robert Reichel didn’t take into account that he only had 7 games left in his career, at a cost to the Sheafs of close to 200 pucks per game

One thing is for sure - ineptitude sure makes the victories sweeter.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #55
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was thinking this game was screwing me. I save up for a jumbo only to open and get all rare contracts.

Just opened a pack, first 5 or 6 cards were duds again...then all of a sudden I saw Gio staring back at me. I was thinking this pack is worth it already. Down the line a few more cards was a +5 All skater card, and the very next card was a +3 All....and the last card in the pack was Willie Mitchell.

Now I'm addicted all over again.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 09-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #56
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

......and then immediately have my first disconnect, in a tournament final.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 09-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #57
BlackEleven

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
......and then immediately have my first disconnect, in a tournament final.
This happened to me too. Next time through the tournament I make it to the final again and lose 2-1 on a last minute goal...

Anyone else notice there seems to be a ton of last minute goals? In that game it was 0-0 until the dying minutes of the third and then the AI scored, and then I win the ensuing faceoff and score on the first shot after that, then the AI scores on the next shift.

I've had similar stuff happen in other games. There always seems to be at least one (non-empty net) goal in the last 2 minutes of the game.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #58
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclitheroe View Post
My team is facing a rebuild already. A killer 5 game losing streak has me coming up short on contracts, insufficient pucks to buy a small card pack, and now we’re putting rookie TWF centres on third pairing left D. It does not look good for the Sheafs at all after a promising 9-4 start to the season.
That's what happens when you name your team anything remotely sounding like Leafs.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #59
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was going through the motions and not really getting any big names. Picked up a standard pack and got a 25 game contract. Then on my next one, I scored Mike Cammalleri and Tom Pyatt(who actually grows into a good 2nd line C)

I used Cammy for a couple games, and his speed was great, but he seemed to drop his stick ALL THE TIME. So I sold him for 7000 and will be buying my first Jumbo when I get home.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #60
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEleven View Post
This happened to me too. Next time through the tournament I make it to the final again and lose 2-1 on a last minute goal...

Anyone else notice there seems to be a ton of last minute goals? In that game it was 0-0 until the dying minutes of the third and then the AI scored, and then I win the ensuing faceoff and score on the first shot after that, then the AI scores on the next shift.

I've had similar stuff happen in other games. There always seems to be at least one (non-empty net) goal in the last 2 minutes of the game.
Ya there seems to be a lot of last minute goals, and quick goals after goals as well for me
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote