Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #21
Likwid
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
What team does Howse play for? i looked for his card for Chilliwack and couldn't find him. Maybe his card wasn't for sale yet.

HUT is addictive.
He is there under Chilliwack. I believe his potential is 86, so well worth picking up.
Likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
jd456
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I started out with Jordan Staal, Mattias Ohlund, and Fabian Brunnstrom and a bunch of CHLers. I won a few single player tournaments to save up for a Jumbo pack, which took forever. Then the pack gave me a rare training card, 2 rare jerseys, and another Jordan Staal. I was able to sell Jordan Staal for 7,000 though and got another Jumbo and got Eric Belanger, Joe Thornton, Ryan Suter, Arron Asham, and the Flames home jersey, so I guess it evened out. I'm pretty much addicted to this game mode though.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #23
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

so basically what I have found is that Leafs fans will pay anything for scrubs, kind of like their GM

I got a Van Ryn card and it sold for 6k, basically hoping I get leafs cards in every pack now
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #24
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

anyone know the difference between 'remove from my roster' and 'discard'?

since i am using lots of low rated chl guys, i am letting some of them "retire" once their initial contracts run out. wasn't sure what the difference was.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #25
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

hey guys, just bought my first standard pack. my rare?

olli jokinen!

i don't particularly care for him. anyone got someone they would trade of comparable value? wings preferred, but open to anyone of equal value.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #26
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Man, just started my HUT team. I had all three bonus packs from playing the demo and the only NHLer I got was Stephane Yelle. I won a tournament and got enough to buy a standard pack and got John Mitchel... Oh well, maybe some Leafs fan will overpay for him.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #27
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I have three lines and a defensive pairing who are all in the mid 70s or so overall. They are all teammates in their natural positions, so the chemistry on all of those lines is either 96 or 94.

I have been taking down some teams filled with NHLers thanks to their great chemistry.

I think spending extra money on things like this is silly, so I am doing it the more challenging, free way.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #28
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
I have three lines and a defensive pairing who are all in the mid 70s or so overall. They are all teammates in their natural positions, so the chemistry on all of those lines is either 96 or 94.

I have been taking down some teams filled with NHLers thanks to their great chemistry.

I think spending extra money on things like this is silly, so I am doing it the more challenging, free way.
I find it more rewarding to be honest. Sure I don't win all the time, but that's not my main goal.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #29
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

well i managed to save up for a jumbo pack. i kinda got crappy rares though. i got a 25 game contract, a 30 game contract, lubomir visnovsky (83 pot.85 but only 55 game career) and atte engren who is a 78 goalie with potential for 90. he is out of sm-liiga. i will definitely build him up as my goalie of the future.

still no takers on my jokinen?!?!?!?!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #30
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

well just had my first HUT freeze. i was in the loading screen of the game and was hoping it wouldn't have counted it, but it did. its kinda a good news bad news though, as the tournament had 4 nhl teams on my side of the bracket and team canada on the other side. it would have been a fight. but never fun losing 20 games worth of contracts.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #31
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally played this morning, in my first HUT game I got disconnected in the third. I can see this being a problem for me since I've always had trouble playing online since NHL 09. I'll play again later and hopefully it's not a big issue.

I like my team to start off with though. I have J. Rutuu and Zack Smith both from Ottawa on my top line, a decent prospect from Pitt but I forget his name right now and Snyder from the Calgary Hitmen as my goalie.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #32
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I absolutely adore the ebay aspect of HUT. Just had to say that. Big, pleasant surprise for me.

On that topic, is there a way to filter for a specific card based on player? If I was specifically looking for Nolan, how would I locate him in the cards up for auction.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #33
jschick88
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am officially addicted to HUT. I find myself buying and selling cards more then playing.

I have built myself a pretty good roster.

Frolov Zajac Grabner
Regin Laich Backes
Hornquist Netik D'agostini
Rai Granlund Connolly

Souray Karlsson
Beauchmin Harrold
Vlabik Runblad

Halak
Harding

I have yet to see a Ovechkin or Crosby card, anyone else?
jschick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #34
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclitheroe View Post
On that topic, is there a way to filter for a specific card based on player? If I was specifically looking for Nolan, how would I locate him in the cards up for auction.
Hmmmm, would he still be considered as being on the Wild?
Old 09-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #35
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
Hmmmm, would he still be considered as being on the Wild?
Duh...it never occured to me to filter by team
Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #36
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Duh...it never occured to me to filter by team
Well, I just dunno about how free agents would be sorted in HUT. Tell me how it works out.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #37
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
I absolutely adore the ebay aspect of HUT. Just had to say that. Big, pleasant surprise for me.

i do not think you can search for a specific person.

i went into the rosters to find where a couple people were. the unfortunate thing is either because of the roster update at launch or other reasons, not all players are the same. for instance, i was looking for david van der gulik and instead of being on lake erie like in the roster screen, he was still on abby.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #38
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I love wheeling and dealing! I just sent someone a trade offer, which if accepted will give me a first line of Coyotes (don't laugh) with lots of games in their careers/contracts, and lots of potential.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #39
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i still have yet to put any nhl players on my active roster. i am still just being conservative and playing the easy tournaments to get pucks. they are super easy to win with a team of chl'ers. now that i have mostly ahl'ers i dominate.

i have had a lot of success getting guys i like for the min price of 150 pucks. its allowed me to build a team of guys that i like and is decent, but not expensive. i would hate to be wasting games out of filatovs career or my other good players just to beat up on the cpu.

i have found that ahl is the way to go. role playing nhlers are super overpriced. yet you can get decent ahl guys for the minimum most of the time. i have picked up several griffins and heat for 150. just have to keep an eye on things and not overbid since there will be many more cards to bid on of the same guys.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #40
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I alway get a chuckle with the auctions. I have had a few bidding wars with 1 min. to go on a player!