Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #1121
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those new McDonald's ones about the dude having to think fast when his girlfriend says how she can't believe her friend's boyfriend said Sunday is for watching football.

He panics and finally says "He's a jerk" to save his ass. Good one, now good luck getting to watch football on a Sunday ever again, you big dummy. I'd rather get in an argument than forefeit my right to watch football on Sunday because I'm too scared about getting yelled at.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #1122
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnedTheCorner View Post
"Look what I drew for you Dad!"

"Oh heeeyyy, that's an...awesome...uh, cat."

"It's a dinosaur Dad."

CREEPY EYE MOVEMENT

"Oh, wow! Awesome dinosaur buddy! Touchdown!"

*stink eye*

1) That eye bothers me
2) Why the stink eye kid? Your mother should have swallowed you.
I posted this more than 3 weeks ago. Come the **** on, Sportsnet!!
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #1123
Kidder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodyear View Post
I hate the recent ING commericals.

Bowler: "I want the stocks I picked to stop loosing money."

Emo Old Bowler man: "If you don't want your stocks to loose money, then don't pick stocks."

Can't stand these.
I LOATHE these ING commercials, but not because of this one.

This was their first edition, and the only one that made sense. The old bowler's suggestion is that if he doesn't want to lose money on his stocks, maybe he should make financial decisions from someone who knows finances. That makes sense, sort of clever, and I especially enjoy how the old bowler looks unmistakably Jewish... a little subliminal racial profiling at play.

Since they decided to run with this ad campaign they just became ######ed and nonsensical.

I don't want to pay bank fees. (stranger): "If you don't want to pay bank fees, then don't pay bank fees"

I wish we could pay off our mortgage faster. (emo child): "If you want to pay off your mortgage faster, then pay off your mortgage faster"

Shut up! You aren't a magical bank that lets the customer do whatever they want. They spun off a slightly successful commercial and created a brand of incompetence and boobery.

At least they got rid of accent guy... And save your money.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #1124
saskflames69
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I know it's kinda old, but did anybody else absolutely HATE that Capital One commercial with the "Hands in my pockets, hands in my pockets, hands in my pockets" song? My friend was singing it today and I almost punched him in the throat for reminding me of that commercial.
Connor Zary will win the Hart Trophy in 2027.
saskflames69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #1125
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Microsoft 'Family' Commercials. If there's anything that ever made me want to never use Windows again, this is it.

DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #1126
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

The new Bell commercial with the guy bragging about his Bell phone coverage and laughing about his friend phone being down to 2G and crap.

What a ###### ######.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:12 AM   #1127
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't mind the Microsoft commercials. I've had a couple of folks ask me, "Can I do that?" with regard to them. (I work in IT)

The one that's really getting me is the new Best Buy Christmas commercial where the lady is a real beyotch to Santa telling him she beat him to the punch and that he can fill the dog's stocking.

She is an awful human being.
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Goon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #1128
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think Tim Hortons is pretty close to losing me as a customer after this new series of ads + their awful slogan. Not that they give a ####, but it's becoming a personal vendetta. McDonalds has far superior coffee for the same price anyway.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #1129
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasa View Post
I think Tim Hortons is pretty close to losing me as a customer after this new series of ads + their awful slogan. Not that they give a ####, but it's becoming a personal vendetta. McDonalds has far superior coffee for the same price anyway.
Not to mention the McDonalds drive-through is infinitely faster than Tims'.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #1130
Kidder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goon View Post

The one that's really getting me is the new Best Buy Christmas commercial where the lady is a real beyotch to Santa telling him she beat him to the punch and that he can fill the dog's stocking.

She is an awful human being.
Thank-you.

The man traveled an extremely long distance to give free gifts to your entire family. Why you gotta be so rude??
Old 12-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #1131
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

This one...

Shouldn't a commercial give at least a hint of what the product is supposed to do?

I assumed it was either a new boner pill or some sort of anti-depressant. Apparently, it's to help you quit smoking.

It's like an SNL parody of bad drug commercials.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #1132
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
This one...

Shouldn't a commercial give at least a hint of what the product is supposed to do?

I assumed it was either a new boner pill or some sort of anti-depressant. Apparently, it's to help you quit smoking.

It's like an SNL parody of bad drug commercials.
the reason they do that is because if they tell you what the product does, legally they have to list all the known side effects of the drug as well. usually when they purposefully don't mention what their product is for it's because the side effects take up an entire page and are worse than the original thing the drug is treating
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #1133
Stormchaser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm sure this has been mentioned.....

I hate the new Ford commercials trying to be all "hip and with it" with my generation.....and the thing is its really not. Na na na boo boo is lame and seeing a creepy version of old man winter get hit in the pants and fall out of the picture is plain stupid.
Stormchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #1134
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
I'm sure this has been mentioned.....

I hate the new Ford commercials trying to be all "hip and with it" with my generation.....and the thing is its really not. Na na na boo boo is lame and seeing a creepy version of old man winter get hit in the pants and fall out of the picture is plain stupid.
I hated the Ford ad where they had that young looking dude who looked straight out of 'stuffwhitepeoplelike.org' emphasize 'I haven't bought gas in over a month'
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #1135
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
I hated the Ford ad where they had that young looking dude who looked straight out of 'stuffwhitepeoplelike.org' emphasize 'I haven't bought gas in over a month'
"A month!"
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #1136
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

All Christmas jewelry commercials are horrible! Die Kay Jewelers die! I also wish Walmart and Target would stop competing to see who can have the most annoying holiday commercials.

The commercial right now that bugs me the most is that stupid one for TJ Maxx, Marshalls and whatever the other store is called where the morons are dancing and singing around the mall. I keep hoping for someone to fall down the escalator.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #1137
ShotDownInFlames12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'm sure its been mentioned, but the Ramada ones are the worst. I will never stay at one based on this campaign alone.

Boston Pizza is getting really bad too, with the finger cooking or whatever its called ads.
ShotDownInFlames12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #1138
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

For me it is the Joe Fresh ones where they have a group of young d-bags standing there like they are some awesome super models giving "the look" to the camera while the wind blows their hair. Just so bad!
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #1139
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't even remember if its for shampoo or hairstyling gel, but that one with the British dude with the emo hair who keeps saying "I can" into the camera. Why do they advertise a guy like that during sports? Do they think guys watching a Flames game at the pub can relate to that Dbag? I wanna knock that pretentious look off his face so bad.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:33 PM   #1140
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotDownInFlames12 View Post
I'm sure its been mentioned, but the Ramada ones are the worst. I will never stay at one based on this campaign alone.

Boston Pizza is getting really bad too, with the finger cooking or whatever its called ads.
This X 1000.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks