Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 01:37 PM   #4961
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing I don't get is that the white supremacist side is still going to vote for Trump no matter what. He can condemn them, but it's not like it would push them to Biden. They will vote for Trump because his policies are racists and anti-liberal. I don't even think the KKK is dumb to actually expect Trump to not distance himself at least for optics.

Meanwhile, if he does condemn them, he stands a chance at keeping a few votes from people that this issue has become straw that broke the camel's back. It's a win-win for Trump if he just says the right thing, but he is either too stubborn or just supports them so much that he can't bring himself to do it.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:40 PM   #4962
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would like it if future debates used the equivalent of a chess clock connected to the mics. Each candidate gets a limited amount of time with a live mic for each question, their mic is only live when their clock is ticking and each time they hit the clock it passes back over to their opponent. Each question round goes until each candidate has used all their time, then the clock resets as they move on to the next topic.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
Old 10-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #4963
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I would like it if future debates used the equivalent of a chess clock connected to the mics. Each candidate gets a limited amount of time with a live mic for each question, their mic is only live when their clock is ticking and each time they hit the clock it passes back over to their opponent. Each question round goes until each candidate has used all their time, then the clock resets as they move on to the next topic.
I like this. It also lets the electorate see in real time how a candidate utilizes a finite resource.

That could be useful when determining who gets to run a government.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #4964
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Trump is not going to hit a clock.

Old 10-01-2020, 01:45 PM   #4965
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Trump is not going to hit a clock.
Tell him it’s a woman.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:48 PM   #4966
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Subtle.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/polit...ots/index.html

Quote:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued a proclamation Thursday limiting the amount of drop-off locations for mail-in ballots to one site per county.

The move significantly affects the Democratic stronghold of Harris County, which is the state's largest county by population -- one of the most populous in the country -- and covers a massive area. It must now reduce its 11 drop-off locations down to one starting on Friday. Travis County, which includes the reliably Democratic city of Austin, must limit its four drop-off locations to one.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2020, 02:00 PM   #4967
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
In one specific case, this means one ballot drop-off location for a county with 5 million people.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/po...4-03870255746e

Subtle indeed.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #4968
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

How about we just don't have future debates that include Donald Trump? How about we go to a Town Hall style event and let the candidates answer the questions from the constituents? The only time you're allowed out of your chair and with an open mic is when you are being asked the question.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:13 PM   #4969
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
I'm sorry, but what the hell are people thinking that support this kind of action from their government. I can't comprehend how someone who wants to live in a "free" nation can support this. Boggles my mind.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
Old 10-01-2020, 02:15 PM   #4970
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Trumpworld is crumbling by the hour. Scott Adams, SCOTT ADAMS!, is now off the train.

https://twitter.com/thejd800/status/...161131520?s=20

Viewer warning: F bombs and much bleating about loss of reputation and earnings (lol).
Old 10-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #4971
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
How about we just don't have future debates that include Donald Trump? How about we go to a Town Hall style event and let the candidates answer the questions from the constituents? The only time you're allowed out of your chair and with an open mic is when you are being asked the question.
I think the 2nd debate is town hall style, but with open mics at this point.

Old 10-01-2020, 02:25 PM   #4972
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
I'm sorry, but what the hell are people thinking that support this kind of action from their government. I can't comprehend how someone who wants to live in a "free" nation can support this. Boggles my mind.
They don't want to live in a "free" nation. Or at least not one that's free for everyone. The thing you need to realize about Trump cultists is that they want white Christians to hold a position of superiority over everyone else in America, just like the good 'ole days. They see all black and Hispanic people as subhuman, all Muslims as terrorists, and all Democrats as anti-American traitors. To them, systemically denying those groups the right to vote is just and proper and the only logical course of action to protect the values they hold dear.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:26 PM   #4973
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
Trumpworld is crumbling by the hour. Scott Adams, SCOTT ADAMS!, is now off the train.

Viewer warning: F bombs and much bleating about loss of reputation and earnings (lol).
Meh, Adams will find an excuse to jump back on the Trump train within the next two or three days.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2020, 02:36 PM   #4974
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

It's crazy, if you look at right wing social media today (not crazy alt right, just right leaning) there is a lot of vitriol being focussed on Trump.

I want to be excited about this, but, can I be?

It seems like anything can happen now, even when common sense tells me this 4 year reign of stupidity should be over soon.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #4975
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post

Biggest shill of all, he'll go crawling back because all these types care about are low taxes. Never seen someone so deluded by Trump's "powers of persuasion".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #4976
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
It's crazy, if you look at right wing social media today (not crazy alt right, just right leaning) there is a lot of vitriol being focussed on Trump.

I want to be excited about this, but, can I be?

It seems like anything can happen now, even when common sense tells me this 4 year reign of stupidity should be over soon.
Biden isn’t under investigation by the FBI, and won’t be between now and November.

Remember that with all the factors aligned against Hillary Clinton, she still barely lost the election. Biden doesn’t have to contend with any of that, and he’s leading in every state that matters.

On November 3rd, Enough is enough.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #4977
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Hey Trump may be a white supremacist but at least he's not a pedophile like Biden"
- All Trump supporters who want to disassociate themselves from their own racism when it comes time to vote.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:49 PM   #4978
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone who thinks Trump "won" that debate was already in the bag for Trump

The election is already decided, nobody is changing their minds on Trump at the points. People claim they are undecided to get on TV
Old 10-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #4979
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1311753083647668226

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:17 PM   #4980
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
The flailing of a dying animal is often desperate and gross.

This one is not so hard to watch though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread